“superb” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Andaman Seaview Hotel

You added Andaman Seaview Hotel to your Saves list
Andaman Seaview Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1, Karon Soi 4, Karon Road | Karon Beach, Karon, Phuket Town, Phuket 83100, Thailand   |
Ranked #13 of 72 Hotels in Karon
4.5 of 5 stars 599 Reviews
preston
“superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2008

stayed at the Andaman nov 3rd to 17th couldn,t find one thing negative about the entire stay hotel spotless, breakfast more than adequate staff very friendly,they let me plug my wifes e-reader into the computer in the office because we had no charger, no fuss, no charge, big smiles from all the staff. Apart from being right on the beach the hotel could not be closer literally 1 min walk, fresh beach towels supplied every day, shower robes in the room, 5star treatment for a 3 star price. As I write this I am looking to book again for April can,t get enough of the place.

• Liked — friendliness/cleanliness
  • Disliked — kettle in the room
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Lancashire, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2008

We have recently returned form a two week stay at this lovely hotel located near to Karon and Kata. Arriving at approx 8pm after the long journey and three flights we were given a warm welcome, cold towels and fruit drink and shown to our room without delay.

The room was large with queen size bed, t.v., safe, mini fridge (stocked with mini bar items at a very reasonable price) and tea/coffee making facilities. The bathroom had a separate bath and shower cubicle and bathrobes were provided as were slippers (but the flimsiest I have ever seen) and two beach towels in a bag which were replaced every evening. Also four bottes of water were provided free of charge each day and we were told to use bottled water in the kettle also. A word about the kettle is was like a plug in thermos flask with a push down top to extract the water. There was plenty of hanging space in the large wardrobe and just a shelf at the bottom and no drawers.

The included breakfast was superb, plenty of choice and included selection of fruit juices, cereals, fresh fruit, meats and cheeses, salad, hot and cold asian dishes, a great variety of bread and pastries, (toaster and mini oven for warming croissants etc also), egg station, pancakes, waffles etc. and bacon, sausages, tomatoes, potatoes and baked beans, yogurts and ice cream! I have never seen ice cream at breakfast before but believe me it was not just the children who indulged!

The main pool was lovely with swim up bar, the other pools we didn't use so can't comment about. As the temperatures and humidity levels were high it was good to cool down under the poolside showers or swim in the immaculately kept pool. Sunloungers were padded and have fresh covers on every day, there were plenty of umbrellas.

If I am going to be critical of anything then it is going to have to be the proximity of the hotel to the beach. I am ashamed to say that in all the preparation and research for the holiday I never picked up on the fact that it is across a very busy road and that the beach loungers had to be paid for as they were owned by the various vendors along the long stretch of clean sandy beach. This would mount up considerably in a two week holiday the cost being approx £5 per day for 2 loungers and an umbrella, for a family with two children then you are doubling up this cost. We didn't see any rubbish or debris on the beach but noted that there were no toilets/rest rooms so it would be a walk back to use the hotel facilities.

The reception and restaurant staff, housekeeping and concierge are all trained to the highest standard and every request for advice or help was met quickly and efficiently. Our aircon stopped working one night and as soon as we reported it someone came to the room to do the repair. No real problems with communication/language. Internet facilites at the hotel are by prepaid card 300 baht for 1 hour but although on broadband the connection was slow and used up valuable time. There is a printer for guests to use but failed to work. When we told them we were allowed to the "back office" and were able to use the hotel's computer and printer free of charge which we thought was very good of them. Internet cafes are plentiful outside the hotel and appear much cheaper and I would say that is probably the best option.

The weather was very hot and humid while we were there and apart from the bedrooms, internet room, spa and gym there are no air conditioned areas. We used the small but adequate gym and were brought glasses of water - no water diispenser. The spa had a good selection of treatments and were cheap. I had a manicure and pedicure (1 hour) and the cost was just under £10 - we got 10% discount because we were there for over 7 days. My husband had a Thai massage which cost slightly more, but again very good value.

In conclusion we had a good holiday at this lovely hotel and were immensely pleaed we had chosen to stay in this area and not in Patong.

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — distance and access to beach
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
western australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2008

My Husband, myself and 12 year old son stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in mid October and really enjoyed our time here. We had a deluxe and superior pool access room that was interconnecting. I was concerned that although I had booked and paid for these type of rooms, that we wouldn't get them interconnecting so I did email them a couple of times to confirm.
We arrived in the late afternoon, were checked in quickly and were in our rooms within 15 minutes. The rooms were lovely, our deluxe was absolutely huge and our sons superior room was clean, cool and both rooms had a large balcony that you stepped off into the pool.

The breakfast was great, lots of variety and tasty omelettes that were made for you on the spot. You were provided with a beach bag and a couple of towels that were handy as the beach was a minutes walk away. The hotel was close to lots of restaurants, shopping and delis, so you never had to go far for anything.

The staff were friendly and helpful and I didn't have a problem understanding them at all.

The only issue I had while there was that they were refurbishing the room directly above us and the paint fumes came through the airconditioning and just about asphyxiated me! I turned off the a\c for the rest of the day and it was a lot better.

I would highly recommend the Andaman Seaview and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again

• Liked — pool access room
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2008

i booked this hotel from somewebsite
when i arrived to hotel them upgrade my room to be pool access and check out late no change more that's quite nice :)
room is colourful so lovely
and staff are friendly i really enjoyed to stay there

• Liked — the room
  • Disliked — lacation
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2008

We have just came back from a holiday in Phuket. My girlfriend and I stayed at the Andaman Seaview Hotel in Karon. The hotel is located perfectly at the quiet end of Karon Beach. It is only 2 min walk to the beach and 5-10 min walk to most of the shops and restaurants in that area.

Upon arrival, we were warmly welcomed by their friendly staffs. Check in was smooth and we were given two welcome drinks at the lobby. Our room was so nice and spacious with a homely feeling. I really like the way the design the room which is mostly white in colour. It was clean although there were a little signs that suggest the furnitures are getting old too fast. The bathroom was big enough with all the necessary items. Our room was a seaview room but there was not much of a view because the view was mainly blocked by trees

It was my girlfriend's birthday and we were given a nice chocholate cake on the first day! This lovely surprise has lifted my worries about getting a birthday cake in Phuket. The pool was beautiful and we were given 2 beach towels in a bag. We truly enjoyed the pool which was quiet. There were 2 medium sized pools.

The staffs were quite helpful with directions. As we walked out of the hotel, we manage to see one of the most beautiful sunset in phuket. We dine at the On The Rock Restaurant which is 5 min away; beside the Dino Park Mini Golf. The atmosphere at the restaurant was nice and romantic with beautiful seaview. If you do not fancy expensive fine dining restaurants, there are a row of eateries along the left hand side of the hotel which serve delicious and cheap thai food.

However, the bed in our room was not as comfortable as expected. I have slept on much softer beds in 4 star hotels before. This is the only few negative comments for this hotel. The breakfast was pretty attractive. We had quite a wide variety, considering the time of our stay; low peak.

I truly enjoyed my stay with my girlfriend at andaman. It gives me the luxury of a 4 star hotel; at the same time it provides a personal touch which no other bigger hotels can deliver. I would recommend andamn to tourists who enjoy a tranquil and romantic stay at karon, away from the busy patong.

• Liked — Design of the room, comfortable ambience and its personal touch.
  • Disliked — Bed was rather firm and not much of a view from its balcony.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Aberdeen, Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2008

The Andaman Seaview was a lovely hotel close enough to restaurants and bars in both Karon and Kata beach - but far enough away to be quiet. The room wasn't huge but well appointed and big comfortable bed and good air conditioning. We had a seaview room - somewhat hampered by large pylon outside the window. The pools looked lovely but we didn't use them. The spa also looked lovely - but overpriced compared to what you could get outwith the hotel. The service was excellent from all staff. Breakfast was good.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The pylon outside our window
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
West Midlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2008

Have just got back from Thailand, I have to say that it was paradise! We were really impressed with the Andaman. The hotel is seconds from a golden sand beach. The rooms are spacious and clean. The staff are really friendly. The hotel provides beach towels which is great for no extra charge. Breakfast is good with alot of variety. There are plenty of eating places just mins from the hotel that are alot cheaper than the hotel. We booked tours to Phi Phi islands, staying over for one night. I would recommend a Spa treatment if you really want to have that chilled out experience! Patong is crazy but a must see, but there is lots to do for everyone from singletons to families. I will def be going back there again!

• Liked — The beach is seconds away and the views are amazing!
  • Disliked — No complaints!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Andaman Seaview Hotel? Share your experiences!