“Great location, friendly staff but 3 star” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Andaman Seaview Hotel

You added Andaman Seaview Hotel to your Saves list
Andaman Seaview Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1, Karon Soi 4, Karon Road | Karon Beach, Karon, Phuket Town, Phuket 83100, Thailand   |
Ranked #13 of 72 Hotels in Karon
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Great location, friendly staff but 3 star”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed at Andaman for 12 nights in January/Feb 2013 . We had two rooms on fourth floor and rooms 425 , 426 and these had lovely sea views.

Positives

Great location across road from beach
Polite and friendly staff
Quick check in and check out
Very clean
Provision of beach towels
6 bottles of water a day complimentary

Great buffet breakfast

Negatives

Rooms are tired and dated
Inconsistency of amount of water and clean beach towels
Wifi not free in hotel ( believe i woudl have spent more time at hotel having a snack or drink even if it was only free in cafe , restaurant area
Check out time was 12 noon but found my room card had been cancelled prior to this and this was extremely frustrating

The only negative about breakfast was the amount of time it took to replenish items , not so much the fault of hotel but greedy Russians filling their beach bags !!

Room Tip: high floor with sea view
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Lancaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

A brilliant hotel located fairly close to the main stretch.
as you exit the hotel grounds there are plenty of places to eat a long the sea front, at a faction of the price of the hotel food.
we ate at them most nights without any gastric problems.
the hotel staff will assist you in finding a taxi / tuk tuk to the next town and should only cost between 400-500 baht.
lovely beach just across the road for this hotel, excellent for a long walk in the evening time.
the staff again are love,g and can't do enough for you. if you can try the Thai red wine, it tastes a lot like a Rojas. So nice the whole bottle kept disappearing.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were in Phuket 15 months after the infamous tsunami, and the prices at the time were very attractive indeed - trying to allure the tourists after such a tragic event cannot be easy !

After Bankok's hustle and bustle we had planned on having 10 days here to simply relax and enjoy the surroundings and enjoy some excursions.

The suite upgrade we got put us into a De Luxe unit of about 700+ square ft. and it was just incredible ! Beautifully furnished, spacious with both a two perso bathtub, his and hers washbasins and a separate shower stall, such a huge bathroom.
The entry to the suite was through double doors into a lobby area with a couch and chairs, a bar area with fridge and mini-bar ($$) and at the other end a full size dining table and chairs. Wow ! Then around the corner in a u-turn yor enter the bedroom area with a beautiful Thai-style king size 4 poster bed. There was one TV opposite the bed and also one in the living area as I recall.

The sumptous bathroom already described was off the bedroom area.

This was true luxury I have yet to equal. The hotel gave us a very warm welcome on arrival and we were always made to feel special by the staff who couldn't do enough for us.

The breakfasts were fabulous and we usually lunched out. Dinner was so-so and we ate this out a lot at local restaurants which were so good and varied. The hotel Spa was very good and we had a couples massage included in our trip, as well as the room upgrade to a suite (de-luxe) The pools were in top shape, and I mean super clean (I used to do pool maintenance) and a welcome break from the heat of the sun.

The security was great although never required as this is a wonderful area and we saw no reason or threats which would be any different than being at home in Vancouver.

The beach is a minute's walk away on the other side of the road, which is easy to cross, and oh my, what a clean beach. The sand is so white and pure it actually squeacks as you walk on it - kind of like wearing a new pair of shoes. The water at Karon Beach is so clear, and the snorkelling over in the corner, by the well known "big rock" at the south end of the beach, below a restaurant, also highly recommendable. The tropical fish and occasional sea-snake (non-aggresive, unless cornered), would make you feel like you were swimming in a pet store aquarium - it is just so clear !

The local restaurants and gift stores were very varied and also very good.

I aslo have to tip my hat to Cathay Pacific Airlines, still one of the world's best, who made our travel there on the Vancouver-Hong Kong leg of our trip very special for us. I had mentioned casually at check-in at Vancouver that this was a special trip for us, to celebrate our anniversary, and just before our arrival in Hong Kong we were presented with a beautiful box of chocolates and a lovely card signed by the crew of our 747, on which we had been pampered for the 10 hour flight. Thanks to Cathay Pacific we were off to a great start on what turned out to be one of the most memorable vacations of our lives, so far anyway. A vacation we'd love to repeat.

Just one thing worthy of mention, I think. I had read during my research that one side of the Phuket island has calm waters for 6 months and then the other side is calmer for the other 6 months. We were there around March 20th. but not sure exactly when the periods start or end, but the sea was amazingly nice to swim in whilst we were there.

By the way, the only sea-snake I saw was lying on the rocks, looked really fresh and colourful, as I took distant photographs of it, but may have actually been dead, due to being washed up on the rocks at high tide. An American lady, on being told by me of this photo-op, started throwing rocks at it just to check - DOH ! I was outta there pronto as you can imagine - what a dork !

This was our 30th Anniversary trip and we had a blast - enjoyed great comforts, wonderful food and side trips to exotic beaches, and enjoyed all that Phuket has to offer. ENJOY, REPEAT, ENJOY !

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a suite if you can, but the regular rooms are beautiful too - everything about thi...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We were quite excited to stay at the Adaman Seaview considering some good reviews and lovely photos.
Unfortunately our 7 day stay did not live up to our expectations.
The initial experience of checking in was very painful. Although extremely friendly the reception staff's lack of English was totally unprofessional.
We realised the language problem would be an issue when checking out so we settled our bill the night before leaving only to having our departure in the morning delayed until the mini-bar could be checked again. This took so long we were concerned that we would miss our flight.

There are a number of issues that need addressing:
1. Employ professional reception staff. It is the first and last experience a guest has.
2. Although generally clean the hotel has seen better days and needs an overhaul.
3. There were only about a dozen sun lounges at the main swimming pool and It would appear that 'chair reservations" were made at the crack of dawn, often by people not turning up to claim their seats until late morning or early afternoon. Some rules need to be implemented to make it fair for all guests to enjoy such amenities, plus additional chairs need to be supplied.
4. Charging for the Wifi Internet connection these days is a definite turn off. Even some of the local restaurants provided free Wifi. This is pure greed and is a totally unnecessary charge.
5. Considering the price the buffet breakfast needs to have more variety with some better quality produce. The 'Potato of The Day' should be renamed to 'Potato of the Year' as it never changed.
6. At times service in the restaurant was slow and incompetent.

The beach and some top Karon restaurants made our holiday a pleasant stay however this could have been so much better if the Adaman Seaview had lived up to our expectations.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Coleford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

My partner and me decided to take a New Years break, so on a recommendation we choose this hotel. The friendliness of the reception staff when we checked in was great. Our bags where brought to our room once we had got to it. The room it's self was brilliant, very spacious and clean. We liked the touch if the beach bag and towels for us to use. The breakfast was amazing, I've never seen so much choice, something for everyone.

We had dinner at the hotel a few times in the 2 weeks we where there, and not bad price for a hotel, and we have stayed a lot in the last year as we like to travel.

The staff where brilliant, and a asset to the hotel. The assistant FO manager (can't remember her name) was a star, and such a hard worker. She was there at breakfast and there in the evening, we loved her.

Some people have made negative comments, but we didn't see any if them at all.

We will be returning as it was that good, and in a good location.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Based on the reviews on TA, I think I was expecting a bit more of the Andaman Seaview.

Look, it is a very nice looking hotel. Ongoing maintenance to the building and the rooms leaves it quite attractive in a sort of "Mediterranean Way" with lots of whites and blues - nice.

Our room on the fourth floor had both pool and sea views and was a great size, with comfortable beds and a clean and serviceable bathroom.

Breakfast was terrific - loads of variety and set in a lovely location nearby the pool.....more on the pool later.

Aircon in the rooms was fantastic, and they were beautifully cleaned each day immaculately.

The beach across the road is fabulous. Having beach towels available in the rooms, replaced each day after use was also sensational. Location for the beach is to die for.

There are a few nice little restaurants just at the entrance to the hotel on the beach road that were great value and had good food choices.

Now a few things that I wasn't thrilled about:

Check in was painfully slow.......literally over 30 minutes just to check in, and although our room wasn't available till 2.00pm (we arrived at about midday) when we returned at 2.00pm the room still wan't available for about another hour. Checking out was the same laborious process. Took at least 20 minutes to just finalise account for room tab etc. Then we requested they order a taxi for us to the airport - firstly it was 200baht dearer than walking to the beach road and getting our own, but worse despite the taxi being there in 10 minutes as advised, we had to get thm to call again - twice - and our taxi finally arrived 40 minutes later. We were heading to the airport, so I panicked a bit with this delay. I think the language barrier is a problem with front of house staff, as a few enquiries we made about the local area were met with dazed looks.....

The swimming pool is beautiful and was one of the main drawing points to have us stay here. Unfortunately during our stay, the pool was closed for a day and a half to allow re grouting of some tiles. While I understand pool maintenance is necessary, the timing of this work was crazy, given it is the peak holiday time ! Other guests were even less impressed than I and voiced ther opinion quite aggressively. We just went to the beach !

Service around the pool area during the day and evening was painfully slow. At one stage when we ordered drinks, we could see them sitting on the bar for delivery to us, however they sat there so long I went and collected them myself.

Paying for wifi anywhere in any hotel these days is just purely and simply a money grabbing exercise. With family at home I needed internet access to stay in touch with them in case of emergency, so I paid to have the wifi. Unfortunately it was so slow I may as well have had a string with a couple of tin cans. I did mention this to reception and eventually they understood and to their credit they arranged to replace a faulty router which caused the non performance previously. Good result.

Finally, while there are a few restaurants and little shops reasonably close by, the main area for restaurants and shopping up near the Karon Circle was quite a hike, and with the price gouging tuk tuk and taxi fees it made a trip up the road a journey in the heat. It's a fantastic spot if you just want to head to the beach across the road, and eat locally but to have the full Karon experience I think the hotel is a little isolated.

Overall, it was a great few days, but I don't think this hotel deserves the hype it recieves, for the money they charge. When we next visit Karon, I imagine we will stay elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
K
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Recently I stayed at Andaman Hotel and I was pleasantly surprised at the excellent service. Good location. Rooms good size. The staff were always friendly and willing to help. Mosty notable was a lovely girl by the name of Ning. She was always friendly, and solved a couple of minor problems regarding the room about aircondition not working and reception stall always good helpful. The food at the hotel was excellent and I enjoyed the breakfast especially! I would certainly return to this hotel in the future

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Andaman Seaview Hotel? Share your experiences!