“Couldn't ask for more!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Thavorn Palm Beach Resort

You added Thavorn Palm Beach Resort to your Saves list
Thavorn Palm Beach Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   311 Patak Road | Karon Beach, Karon, Phuket Town, Phuket 83100, Thailand   |
Ranked #17 of 72 Hotels in Karon
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
“Couldn't ask for more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I still remember the first time I visited Thavon Palm Beach and I have to say that now it has changed to the point where I would not even want to leave. We stayed in the connecting rooms between 5 of us and the rooms were very new and modern. The decorations as well as the furnitures are new and spotless. We can see the beach from our balcony as well as the massive pool downstairs. The hotel is big enough that we didn't find the noise from other customer to be an annoyance. We were surprised that the hotel was fully book but yet we still have a very nice and quiet time together. The staffs are all Thai but most of them can speak english. (We observed them talking to one of the customer). They were very friendly and helpful. Once, we forgot our keys and the staffs didn't hesitate to help us at all.

Once of the thing I would urge everyone who is coming to this hotel to see is the orchid garden. If you are visiting at the right season, you could be walking in a paradise. Thavon palm beach is decorated and themed using one of the Thai's folk lore (Pha Apai Ma Nee) and most of the statues are in white which played a great contrast to the lush green background.

The funny thing here is that there always rabbits roaming around freely and you can give them food for free (Rabbit's food is provided by the hotel). My friends had so much fun and they almost forget that I was waiting for them at the car!

There are many restaurant inside this hotel. We tried Pizza and Steak restaurant. The steak was good but the pizza was amazing! If there wasn't any customer around the chef might even let you make your own pizza!

Hopefully I can come back again soon. Writing this make me miss Phuket already!

Room Tip: Choose the room facing the beach.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
RogerGibson, Manager at Thavorn Palm Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our resort on TripAdvisor and it was a pleasure to welcome you back with your family for another visit.

Many guests who have returned to our resort after the recent renovations have given very positive feedback about the style and design of our new rooms, so I am pleased to hear that you feel the same. During your stay, we were running very high occupancy, but as you pointed out, the spacious grounds and gardens create a very peaceful ambiance where you can still enjoy time together with you family.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our resort orchid gardens, which were originally the owner’s private gardens. They contain many interesting species of plants and specialty trees collected over a lifetime. I would just like to mention that our Orchid Gardens and resort grounds are specially designed by our professional gardeners to bloom all year round with different species of colorful flowers, plants and orchids. This means that no matter when you visit our resort you will be able to experience the beauty of nature first hand. The organic fertilizer used by our gardeners is kind to the natural environment and also means that our resident rabbits are free to roam where they like. They are very popular with guests, especially those with young children and I am glad that your friends enjoyed feeding them.

Thank you once again for choosing to spend another holiday with us here at Thavorn Palm Beach Resort and for leaving your review on TripAdvisor.

Director of Marketing and Communications

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Everyday, I enjoyed the beautiful view of the beach from my bed, just open the glass doors of my room which was a deluxe room, sit back down with a cup of coffee. It feels even more comfortable and relaxing than my real home.
I could still smell the cool breeze blowing over my body as I sut down on a chair at the beach side.
The room was spacious, beautifully decorated and increadibly comfortable with a relaxing view of the beach. The flowers at the garden are like soul candies scattered around the hotel.
The foods at the restaurant were great and the staff is sooo nice and helpful. They make me feel as if I'm their only customer. It feels great to be treated like a royalty while I'm just an ordinary guest.
The staff is friendly, they anticipate your needs and the star is easy, hassle free and you actually feel pampered while you are there. It is very easy to communicate with them and express your needs as they speak very good English, they also have staff who could speak fluent German and Russian and basic French.
If you are looking for a romantic getaway to relax, I amvery confident to recommend Thavorn Palm Beach Resort.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear you found our Deluxe Rooms comfortable and enjoyed the beautiful view of the beach from your room. All of our recently renovated rooms have spacious terraces with views over the gardens and pools, some offering spectacular views of the Andaman Sea.

I was especially pleased to read your comments about the friendly hospitality offered by our staff at the resort. The goal of all our staff and management is to make the guest feel relaxed and at home, whilst providing a unique experience of the humble and gracious Traditional Thai Hospitality that you would find in a luxury household in Thailand.

Whilst English is not the native language of all of our staff in the resort, we do have Guest Service Agents fluent in English, Russian and German and Duty Managers with excellent English skills. We are confident that we can make our guests stay as hassle free as possible and I am delighted to hear you enjoyed a high standard of service throughout.

I would like to thank you for recommending our resort on TripAdvisor and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We were more than happy to revisit Thavorn Palm Beach for a 2-night getaway from the city with a group of friends after our last visit over 3 years ago. As always, we were greeted with genuine smiles from the helpful staffs since stepping into the gorgeous lobby for our check-in, all the way to our rooms, and throughout our stay. Our newly renovated rooms were clean, bright and spacious with an impressive view of the pool and Karon beach as the backdrop.

We thoroughly enjoyed our breakfast buffet and room service, which offer a large variety of Thai and Western dishes, including Southern Thai foods which was a great local touch.

One could easily spend the entire day just enjoying the swimming pools at Thavorn Palm. It was a shame we didn’t get to try all of the 5 swimming pools the hotel has to offer! The pools strike the perfect balance between being large and airy, yet still feeling private, surrounded by the gardens and beautiful sculptures from ancient Thai literatures.

Thavorn Palm caters for all types of travelers; ones looking to relax and escape the hectic city life could spend their entire holiday within the grounds of the hotel with all facilities it has to offer. Conversely, those looking to explore other corners of Phuket will appreciate the convenient location of the hotel, being a reasonable distance from other attractions including Phuket City and Patong beach.

I would not hesitate to recommend Thavorn Palm Beach to anyone!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
RogerGibson, Manager at Thavorn Palm Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for writing a review on TripAdvisor and for choosing to stay at our resort once more.

I am sure you will agree that there have been a great many improvements since your last visit 3 years ago, with the complete renovation of all 210 rooms and the lobby area.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our authentic “Southern Thai” dishes, which offer our guests the chance to sample some genuine “local” dishes. In addition, we strive to provide a peaceful and relaxing natural environment, where guests can enjoy our traditional Thai hospitality and learn about traditional Thai culture. I am glad that you discovered the numerous sculptures throughout our gardens, depicting scenes from Thai Literature and traditional local lifestyles.

Our 5 resort swimming pools are set amidst our exotic gardens and are designed to provide a peaceful and private oasis where guests can relax and to enjoy the sights and sounds of nature. Our Paradise Pool provides a pool side massage service, whilst guests can enjoy cold drinks and snacks at our Blue Heaven Pool Bar. Our Chaba pool includes a romantic waterfall and swim up bar.

Thank you very much for your recommendation and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back to our resort in the near future. Please check our website for our special promotions for all returning guests.

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Slightly older resort but clean and comfortable. The location is wonderful. All hotel staff were polite. Service was excellent. very friendly. They are friendly and considerate at all time in the gentle thai manner. The hotel had very convenient rooms are comfortable......SO NICE.

Great Breakfast buffet with no waiting. A lot of choice for foods the service was friendly in the truly relaxing with lovely and lovely gardens with good swimming pools. Surrounding are lovely. Very lush gardens around complete the atmosphere of the place. We take a lot of picture in the gardens. They had very nice gardens and many different species of flower. Natural orchid gardens here.

We are here beginning of august with raining. But not our problem. Thanks for lovely stay. Would recommend for everyone. We will be back.....SURE !

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed a “lovely stay” and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back for another holiday in the future. As you may be aware, a high percentage of our guests are returning guests or friends and family of people who have recommended us, so we truly appreciate your own recommendation.

Our resort is situated in a “wonderful location” as you stated, with the pristine white sand beach of Karon just a few meters away. I am glad you enjoyed taking photos in our lush, tropical gardens and I am sure you will agree that it is rare to find such spacious, natural surroundings in a prime beach front location. Our resort was awarded the Green Leaf Award for environmental protection and it is our aim to be one of South East Asia’s premier Natural resorts. I would like to invite any nature lovers who are interested in nature photography to visit our resort tropical gardens to take your own photographs. Our orchid gardens are especially ideal for wedding photography.

Whilst August is officially the rainy (Green) season in Phuket, the temperatures are always warm and many days are sunny with the occasional rain shower. I would encourage guests to visit Phuket during this season, as the room rates are generally much lower and you can really escape the crowds to appreciate the natural beauty of Phuket.

Bangkok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel with quite impressive lobby and grounds. There are 5 swimming pools, swim-up bar and food available. The breakfast was very good with a lot of variety while located in a nice setting. I also tried their food at Old Siam Restaurant which were deliciously served with a real authentic Thai flavors at quite reasonable price. The staffs were friendly but professional in their well-known Thai smiles.

The hotel has wonderful gardens surrounding the pools sides, all kept to high standards. If you're looking for a quiet place to relax, with a variety of pools and cozy room, Thavorn Palm beach is definitely yours.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor and I am delighted you enjoyed the garden surroundings, traditional Thai hospitality, services and amenities during your stay.

Our Old Siam Authentic Thai Restaurant is known locally for the quality of the authentic Thai cuisine and the unrivaled panoramic views of the Andaman Sea, especially at Sunset where guests can enjoy the spectacular colours whilst dining on the terrace. I am pleased you enjoyed our authentic Thai flavours and you may also have seen our traditional Thai “Khantoke Dinner” inside at Old Siam, where guests can dine on comfortable Thai style cushions with authentic Thai dishes served on tables low to the ground. This is an experience of Thailand that should not be missed.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the near future and as you may be aware, our valued Returning Guests are entitled to special discount rates and bonuses when booking through our hotel website.

Kilcoy,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Throughout the Nineteen nineties when our home was in Hong Kong the "Thavorn" on Karon beach was a frequent destination. Retiring in 1995 we sailed our yacht across the South Pacific. Making homes in Aspen, Colorado and Queensland in Australia and spending much of our time enjoying travel. Earlier this year my wife, in deciding where to celebrate my big 75th birthday chose to return to the " Thavorn". What a great choice! Recently renovated, to the highest standards, our "Delux" room was up to and above the standards of many of the five star Hotels we stay. The polite, attentive Service provided by all the Thavorn staff matched the excelence of our "five star room". As did the quality and quantity of the "Buffet Breakfast and all other meals. All this at absolutly bargin prices!. The long established gardens of the hotel are so laid out to provide guests the pleasure of being surrounded by beauty while at the same time enjoying a truly relaxing setting. Swim in any of the the five pristine swimming pools, or if you want tobe a little more energetic you can "workout" at the fitness centre or possibly play squash at the well maintained Squash court. Even try a game of billiards at the entertainment centre's "Pool room. My wife chose the safety of selecting the "in house" Thai massage service, at the hotels beauty saloon.
All guests staying at the Thavorn can feel "safe and secure" for the resort maintains a 24 hour protective Security service, operating thought the resort's extensive grounds.
Yes, a holiday enjoyed at the Thavorn Palm Beach truly provides visitors the best Thailand can offer in terms of accommodation; access to beach and inhouse pools; shopping, restaurants and being cared for by some of the kindest people one could hope to find. All at at a bargin price that now tempts us to return at least twice each year. Terence.

Room Tip: All rooms we visited have a view of pools, gardens and the sea.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
RogerGibson, Manager at Thavorn Palm Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Khun Terry,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor and also for your continued support of our resort over the years. A high percentage of guests staying at our resort return year after year like your good self, but many do not share their positive comments on TripAdvisor, so I truly appreciate your gesture.

I am delighted that you enjoyed another pleasant stay with us and that you were pleased with the high standard of our recently renovated rooms. At the beginning of 2013, the renovation of all 210 spacious rooms at our resort was completed and we have received very positive feedback from our guests regarding the rooms, which blend Contemporary Thai with colonial style to create a warm, cosy ambiance. I am pleased that you felt these were comparable and above with other five star rooms you have stayed in.

As you well know from your frequent visits to our resort, we strive to make the guest feel relaxed and at home, whilst providing “polite and attentive” traditional Thai Hospitality. Our concept is to provide a home away from home for our guests and we hope that like your good self, our guests will want to return year after year to stay with us.

Our vision is to become Asia's leading Natural Resort and as you mentioned in your review, we have well established and professionally maintained spacious exotic gardens that create a peaceful and relaxing ambiance for our guests. Set amidst our gardens are the resorts 5 pristine swimming pools, which mean that even during periods of high occupancy you will be able to find your own space to relax and enjoy the beauty and sounds of nature.

Whilst our focus is on nurturing a peaceful and natural environment for our guests to relax, we also offer first class facilities such as snooker room, beauty salon, fitness centre, squash court and pool side massage for our guests to enjoy. As you mentioned, we do provide 24 hour security at our resort so that guests can feel safe to enjoy the relaxing ambiance, especially those who are staying with children.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write your review on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcoming Khun Sandy and yourself back to our resort in the very near future.

Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is a wonderful resort for both families and couples, it is right across the road from the beach and within easy access of Katon, restaurants and shops a short walk from the hotel.

The rooms are beautifully decorated and comfortable and there was a table set with fruit and pineapple drink when we arrived.

The gardens are a delight and children will love the rabbits and cockerels running around freely. There is an orchid garden with three hundred year old bonsai trees.

Staff were extremely attentive and friendly and it was lovely to have breakfast overlooking the gardens. We had a meal in the Old siam restaurant which was delicious, and also the Italian restaurant which we visited twice during our stay.

There is a toddler pool for children and a play area close to the Italian restaurant.

There is a shuttle bus from the hotel into old Phuket town, where there are numerous shops, museums and old town area which is very interesting.

This is an excellent resort and I would thoroughly recommend to all age groups.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
RogerGibson, Manager at Thavorn Palm Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and would recommend us to other travelers.

At the beginning of 2013, the renovation of all 210 spacious Rooms at our resort was completed and we have received very positive feedback from our guests regarding the rooms, which blend Contemporary Thai with colonial style to create a warm, cosy ambiance. We welcome our guests with traditional Thai hospitality and hope that personal touches like the tropical fruit basket and welcome drink made you feel relaxed and at home from the very beginning of your stay.

Our guests always inform us that one of the most impressive elements of our resort is the spacious tropical gardens. You might not be aware, but our resort only uses 100% organic fertilizer specially prepared by our professional gardeners, which enable us to maintain a lush green appearance. This organic fertilizer is kind to the natural environment and is why our gardens attract 1000s of species of butterflies, birds, frogs and other small animals. It is also means that our resident resort rabbits and chickens can roam free around the resort and they are very popular with our guests, especially those with families.

We strive to provide a relaxing, natural experience at our Windsong Café for breakfast and I am pleased you enjoyed our al fresco dining with fabulous views over the tropical gardens, lotus ponds and swimming pools.

Our resort is especially ideal for families and with 24 hour security, children’s swimming pool with Kid’s corner and of course our resident rabbits and chickens, families can feel relaxed with young children and enjoy the peace and tranquility of our resort.

We offer a Complimentary Shuttle Bus Daily to Phuket Town for those who wish to explore the rich cultural history of the historic Phuket Old Town as well as to Patong Beach, so guests can enjoy the hustle and bustle of the islands entertainment hub with international shopping, markets & bazaars, fine dining restaurants, entertainment, night clubs and bars.

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at our resort and for your recommendation to other travelers.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our resort in the near future as our valued Returning Guest.

Director of Marketing and Communications

Been to Thavorn Palm Beach Resort? Share your experiences!