This is a very nice beachside resort. It is a little bit out of the main action of Phuket, which could be good or bad, depending on what you are looking for. It isn't so hard to get a taxi in to town though.
I really liked the Phuket Hilton. Had a lovely 3 day stay here. It is very beautifully landscaped, and has several different swimming pool areas. The beach that it is located on is very beautiful, and the sunsets there are great.
Service was as to be expected, very good. Didn't receive a Diamond room upgrade, though we were given a free meal in the restaurant for one night. Did feel that the resort was unlikely to be full at the time we were there, and didn't appear full, so wasn't sure why we weren't upgraded? Also the view of our suite was partially blocked by the lift tower of one of the neighbouring buildings, which I thought was not the best allocation for a Diamond guest.
The room itself was very nice, with large balconies (Hilton Suite). The bath tub was really strange, almost like a half tub, which was the weirdest bath I have seen in a suite in a Hilton worldwide. I would suggest that you would be better off to stay in an execuitve ocean room, or in the ocean view juniour suites part of the hotel, as these rooms are a lot cheaper, but newer, and also that building would have uninterrupted views of the ocean. I didn't feel that the extra money paid for the suite really represented good value. The Juniour suites are very well priced for this resort, and would have a stunning outlook, and also a bit more room and privacy.
The resort facilities were all very good. Good bars and restaurants. The prices here for the rooms are reasonable, and quite good value. The evening music act in the big bar off the lobby was a little bit strange. Very racey outfits and music, for what was at the time, a very quiet lobby bar. Feel that perhaps a more classy, and down tempo act might have suited the hotel better. The bands outfits definitely looked more suited to Patong beach than a Hilton! On resort prices were reasonable for a five star resort in thailand.
Overall, I think that if you got a good rate, this is a quality resort, which is very well maintained, and professionally serviced. Higly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is located on the island’s west coast and offers a range of fun and relaxation options for parents and children alike. The resort sprawls over 75-acres landscaped gardens, right on the golden sands of Karon Beach. The resort is conveniently located to four world-class golf courses, elephant riding, scuba diving, ancient golden temples and an abundance of shopping areas. It is the place that you’d rather be with your family for next holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort And Spa
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Hotel Karon
- Phuket Hilton
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa Karon