“great spot on a fantastic beach” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa

You added Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   333 Patak Road, Karon, Phuket Town, Phuket 83100, Thailand   |
Special Offer
30% Off Your Dream Resort
Ranked #21 of 72 Hotels in Karon
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“great spot on a fantastic beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

The Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa on Karon Beach was a great experience. The staff was incredibly welcoming and the room was fantastic. Being just across the street from one of the best beaches I've ever been to was an added bonus.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
HiltonPhuketArcadia, Director of Operations at Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us through TripAdvisor.

It is our pleasure to hear that you had great experience with us. We appreciate your positive comments on the resort, especially on our staff. We pride ourselves on delivering the warmth of hospitality to satisfy our guests.

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to delighting you once again on your next visit to Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa.

Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Mablethorpe, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

just arrived back to day 12nights at this hotel.booked it for 5* so disopinted ,arived first the staf are great, rooms are dated stayed in main block,i am a silver card honners member this is not werth having at this hotle ,gave them my card at reception,thay said we will send us a bowl of fruit to my room the next day,it arrived 2 bananas 2 apples,we spent 2300pounds for this holiday if we spent this amount at a large supermarket i would have 25 pounds of points not 1.50 in fruit.very large complex,to far from night life taxis very expenciv 200bht each way takes 25 seconds yes 25 seconds but to far to walk in the heat, to go to patong 400bth each way,big night life hear, karon beach resort beer rangers from 70 to 100bth bottle, food cheap and good value from 50 to 100bth for a good meal, but would not go back to the hilton better hotls closer to town saveing taxi cost. breakfast at hilton run out of most things and have to ask for things evry day,the place is full of russians need i say more the locals dont like they dont spend.flights booked with etihad but only half the flight was etihad the outher half with berlin air this in my opinion is the worst flight i have had in many years,staff went to sleep didnot see any for 4hrs,rubbish food plastic knife and fork,no drinks ie whisky or gin,lazy ,not well dressed cabin crew all in all not good holiday.

Room Tip: main bilding good central for dining
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HiltonPhuketArcadia, Director of Operations at Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are sincerely disappointed to know that as a loyal HHonors guest; our resort fell below your expectations.

In regards to the room and building's condition, we’ve renovated one third of our rooms and upgraded as Deluxe Plus rooms. We will continue our maintenance program for other rooms to keep them in good condition.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback. We will refine our operations and we hope to have a chance to welcome you back to Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa.

hartlepool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Right I will start off with the hotels location before moving on to its bad and good points.The hotel is located about 10/15mins pleasant walk from both the centre of Karon and Kata. The hotel is not isolated as there are many restaurants,shops,bars and other hotels that line the main beach road that stretches from Patong to Kata. A little tip is to use the main path(similar to a promenade) on the opposite side to the Hilton and you wont get bloody 'tortured' by shop owners wanting to make you a suit(!!) or ladies wanting to give you a massage!! Anyway,across the main road is Karon beach which is 4km long of white sand that gently shelves into the sea. There are beach beds(200bht for 2beds/umbrella) lining the beach with beach bars and massage bays about every 200 metres. The bars sell cheap food and drinks(Shakes 80BHT,Beer 70BHt, Soft drinks 40BHT, Water 10BHT) and the massage bays all have their prices clearly displayed. To answer all the previous reviewers who say this beach is dirty and horrible, well I do wonder where they holiday/live as this beach is one of the finest and cleanest we have been on. The Hilton(as do other hotels) provide a guard to cross the busy road to get to this beach and it is well worth it.
Ok,now the hotel itself, I will start with the bad points. The first criticism I have is that after travelling nearly 24hrs from England to get here all I want is to check in,get into my room and rest and not to wait for our room to be cleaned!! I know the hotel policy is that all rooms are available after 2pm but surely after all these years of dealing with visitors from the UK that you would know that if we arrive before 1pm we have been travelling throughout the night and more then likely will be shattered. Dont get me wrong,I am not trying to be elitist here as I am sure that other nationalities are in the same boat as us,so maybe the management could look at this and amend their policy. To be fair to the hotel, the receptionist after a little badgering from me, got the room cleaned pretty sharpish and got us in after waiting half an hour.My other criticism is the prices the hotel charge for drinks(we never ate here so cant comment). We appreciate the prices are going to be high due it being the Hilton but to charge a 10% service charge as well as a 7% tax on top is bloody outrageous!! Even if I went to the bar myself I still get these charges which is wrong and obscene and also reducing the tips to the waiters whom serve you. The management are missing a golden opportunity here by scrapping this obscene charge as a good will gesture to its customers and also we would pass by the Ocean Beach Bar every night on our way out (7;30pm) and it was closed!! Why dont you open this maybe 3 nights a week offering half price on all drinks with no charges between 8 -11pm as this is a lovely bar with comfy chairs/good music as another gesture to your guests. The management,staff and guests will all benefit and surely this would be better then having this lovely bar shut at night.
Now the good points,this hotel is exceptionally well managed,has fantastic efficient staff,superbly maintained and a pleasure to stay at. Our room was upgraded to a deluxe room with lagoon,pool and partial sea views from a 'wrap around' balcony with a very comfortable king size bed.It was meticulously cleaned every day by the wonderful pleasant cleaners and was worthy of a 5 star grading. As I said earlier the staff here are brilliant bearing in mind that they must deal with thousands of guests of differing nationalities every day, we found them all helpful,very pleasant and without doubt a credit to their trade.The hotel is well equipped with many restaurants,pools,bars,spa and gym which I used regularly. I can only praise this hotel and credit the management very highly whom deserve the 5 star service and amenities award but if they iron out the criticisms out i have highlighted this would truly be a 5 Star hotel.
To finish,would I return here,well if I ever returned to Phuket without doubt I would stay here.

Room Tip: Try to upgrade to a deluxe room.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to post your comprehensive and detailed comments of your experience with us and Karon beach on TripAdvisor.com

We are disappointed to know that some aspects of your stay were below your expectations, especially during check-in. If available, rooms are usually ready before check-in times. In regards to Ocean Beach Club’s operating hours, the management team has decided on the current hours due to past experiences.
We have taken your comments seriously and will continue to refine our service and facilities to fulfill guest’s expectations.

Despite of the negative aspects, it is our pleasure to hear that you enjoyed with our resort and I do appreciate your compliment on our housekeeping team.. I will pass your positive comments to our team to motivating them to continue to do a great job.

Thank you again for your truly valuable feedback and we look forward to having another chance to welcome you to the resort.

Surabaya, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

we stay at hilton for4 nights at 17th nov - 21nov , we get delux plus seaview, wen we arrive at the hotel the staff said hotel is very full right now, so we have to wait 30 min till we get our room, so thats bad. but the room that we got is very well design and clean and specious. we also love the beach which just behind the hotels, the only problem for us is why did wifi at room still have to pay for 5star hotels? and taxi are very expensive. overall we enjoy our stay.

Dear Guest,

We are disappointed to know that some aspects of your stay were below your expectations. We sincerely apologize for your inconvenience upon arrival. I have addressed the issue with our Front Office management team to improve guest arrival experience.

Regarding to free internet access, please kindly be informed that we are on the process of upgrading our facilities to implement free connection at the lobby area in the near future.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback. We hope to welcome you back to the Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa in the near future.

Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Stayed four nights in November 2012 at the Hilton Arcadia resort and spa, at karon beach. I had a deluxe room facing the gardens and pools, but with views of the sea from the balcony.

I am a regular with the Hilton chain of hotels, and stay with Hilton wherever and whenever they are found. I therefore have some credibility in what this review says about this particular Hilton, especially compared with other Hiltons around the world.

This is one of the most spacious hotels I have stayed in. one of the earliest hotels to be built on Karon beach, it commands an unrivalled property…. Its HUGE! I love the way space has been used, setting the built-up areas amidst large expanses of lawns, lakes and groves. It even has its own football field, full sized too!

All guests arrive at the arrival pavilion, located some 400m from the hotel proper. From here you take the shuttle buses (more like trams on wheels actually) to the main reception hall. The shuttles run 24hrs, and will depart the moment you arrive, so if your first thoughts are hmmm, this doesn’t look good, well, after the first day, you will love this arrangement… it has real feel to it… well done!

The hotel restaurants, rooms and everything else is also spread out, with oodles of space. Yes, everything about this hotel is space, and if you need a claustrophobic closet to feel comfortable in, stay somewhere else.

What I liked:

Three pools, in three different cloisters… excellent.
The spa was wonderful, with individual villas and good service.
I especially liked the fact that wherever I was, and I needed a washroom, there was one in sight… quite an achievement in a huge facility
I liked the fact that there was no main entrance to the hotel from the beach front, just a walkway entry.
Loved the bathrooms, with its openness.
Loved the service – call for an ice-bucket, and its at your door in under 5mins.
Loved the tennis courts, squash courts and games room, and the gym was well used too.

What I didn’t like so much

Internet was not free, anywhere in the hotel. Unacceptable in my opinion, in this day and age… might as well charge us for the towels and soap too… internet is a basic amenity – treat it as such.

Hilton hotels are known all over for providing a choice of pillows, from hard to soft… not available in this hotel

Air-conditioning in the room was too cold, and the thermostat located prominently on the wall does not work. Its one temp all day and night – maximum!

Suggestions:

Place a soap tray/dish on the ledge in the shower. This keeps the soapbar dry… as it is now, water remaining on the ledge turns the bar into mush

Seal up the shower door, so water does not leak out onto the bathroom floor

And finally, if you’re going to talk the talk, then walk it too… towels were replaced every day, regardless of whether they were hung on the rack or thrown on the floor. If Hilton wants to preach reducing and reusing, as your placards in the bathroom say, then follow your pledge. Otherwise, remove those placards… nothing worse than saying you’re environment-friendly, and not demonstrating it.

A wonderful property, a wonderful holiday. And congrats on being the best Hilton in Asia… so far…

Room Tip: this is one hotel where a view of the sea is not all that much more value - honestly, the garden vie...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to post your comprehensive and detailed comments of your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

It is good to hear that you had a wonderful holiday with us. We have been aiming to satisfy our guests with warmth of our hospitality.

We are disappointed to hear that some aspects of your stay were not up to your expectations and we sincerely apologize. Feedback is always important as we integrate it in our evaluation and review of our services and facilities. We have noted all your comments and will be reviewing each of these with our respective management team. Please kindly be informed that pillow options are available although this was not stated in the Guest Directory.

I appreciate your suggestion on towel replacement. I will discuss with our Housekeeping management team to follow up on our guests’ actions on environmentally friendly programs.

We thank you for your truly valuable comments as we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Phuket.

Exmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

As a resort, its good (not excellent, just good), several very well maintained pool areas, each catering for for either families or those looking for peace and quiet. The room smelt very damp on arrival which was a concern but it seemed to fade after a day or two - the decor was average/good but very clean and tidy, views were outstanding, despite only booking a basic room.
The location was great, right on the beach, 15 min walk from the towns of Kata and Karon and 20 mins taxi from the craziness of Patong.
Breakfast was excellent, although I would go elsewhere for lunch/dinner/drinks as the prices here are 3 or 4 times more expensive than the local bars and restaurants (most of which are very good). I almost laughed when I saw it was 1000-1200 baht per person for a buffet excl drinks, in town you can have dinner for 2 including a couple of drinks for 600-800 baht.

Staff were very good, apart from one grumpy pool attendant. My only major gripe was the "no outside drinks at the pool" policy, my wife got told off for having a non hotel bought bottle of water with her, water from the hotel is 4 times the price of water from the supermarket.

Would I return? Possibly, but I would compare some other hotels first.

Room Tip: Ask for a west facing room as the sunsets are amazing.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonPhuketArcadia, Director of Operations at Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are disappointed to know that the room you were stayed was below your expectations due to the smell. I sincerely apologize and have requested our housekeeping and engineering management teams to take corrective actions.

Despite the disappointments, it is our pleasure to hear that you enjoyed our Hilton Breakfast and the pools.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back here at Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa

Phuket, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

What an amazing hotel. Location is superb and Karon beach is one of the most beautiful parts of the Island
OK Hilton Arcadia is a delight. Set on a wonderful 75 acres it boosts the most beautiful part of it.

Rooms are wonderful with that extra special Hilton Standard you would expect.

The staff are the best I have ever ever experienced. What a delight.

Beach front property, close to all in Karon and Kata. This truly has been a wonderful experience for me and I have just extended my stay. It is also close to Patong for those that wish to visit there but nice to come back to Karon.

Breakfast is amazing and so is the chose of the 3 restaurants here.

Look no further.There is no need. Hilton Arcadia delivers and more.
I will always be coming and will always stay here.

I will always return here. The staff have made this a home away from home.

Off now to have the amazing breakfast and off to the pool.

PS The SPA here is out of this world.

Room Tip: I took a tour to see the hotel and it is all amazing. Any questions just ask the staff ,they are the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

It is our greatest pleasure to know you had a pleasant stay with us. We appreciate your compliments on the resort. It is always gratifying for the whole team to receive these positive comments.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback. It serves as great motivation to our team. We look forward to welcoming you back again to our resort in the near future.

Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa

Been to Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!