“Amazing view” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Centara Villas Phuket

Save Saved
You added Centara Villas Phuket to your Saves list
Centara Villas Phuket
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   701 Patak Rd | Karon Beach, Karon, Phuket Town, Phuket 83130, Thailand (Formerly Central Karon Village)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book direct save more 60%
Ranked #17 of 69 hotels in Karon
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Lovely villa with great sea view. Staff very helpful and attentive. Dinner in the restaurant was very good, with a variety of choices. The villa could do with a bit of a makeover but it wouldn't stop me from staying here again. Loved the peacefulness of the resort. Will stay again when I am back in Phuket.

620 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

This was our second resort of our multi centre holiday. The hotel setting is first class the staff were excellent I would recommend this hotel and area to anyone. Close to Karon beach for a quieter and more relaxing day / evening or a stones throw from Patong for nightlife hustle and bustle. Beach was very good at Karon bars and restaurants good everywhere but just as nice to eat in the hotel which had offers on every night. I would highly recommend travel bag asia for every part of the holiday from the moment we stepped aboard the plane.

Room Tip: try and get a pool villa or spa villa for the ultimate experience
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

My Husband and I just returned from our 10 Night Honeymoon here. The views were outstanding and for us great location between Karon and Patong. A short walk to Karon Beach & many Restaurants. We found all staff very helpful & friendly. Nung the Spa Manager and Jasmine on Reception were so personable and always quick to offer advice. The new Hotel Manager Chalai was also very good and regularly sends staff for hospitality courses.
A lot of walking, so be prepared. Breakfasts & Lunch great, but Dinners a bit disappointing..hit & miss. Overall experience great!
We would definately stay again!

• Stayed October 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

This was my second time on Phuket and I stayed here with 3 friends for 3 nights. The location is close to Karon Beach (for the physically fit if walking), check in was easy (I arrived at midnight as well!), the facilities were always immaculate and the rooms spacious. We had a villa up top of the hill so the view was lovely. It was so good to be away from the hustle of Patong but only be a short tuk tuk ride away if needed. I'd stay again!

• Stayed September 2013
Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The following review of the hotel is based on facts and personal experience. Centara is suppose to be a 4 star hotel and a well known brand in Thailand. I arrived at the hotel earlier than 2.00pm. Check in took about 10 minutes, however I had to wait about 25 minutes before being able to be go and be transported to my room. You can see that its very slow as there were other baggages all around the lobby area. The view looks great as it on top of the hill, however there are only 4 timings for the transport, and its only ONE way. You would need to pay more for the transport to and back to the hotel each time which would increase your costs. Its not for old people or handicapped as the resort is quite steep and not quite convenient to walk around. The internal transport is quite fast, takes about 5 minutes before the "tuk tuk" comes. The service is however terrible, if you are caucasian or farang, they greet you warmly and ask you how your day is, if you happen to be asian like me, you don't even get a hello from any hotel staff. I reported to check my bathroom as there was some rust on the shower holder and panels including the sink. The male bellboy came in with his shoes on and in a confrontation manner and walked all over the floor. Later the head of housekeeping came in and my wife told her about the attitude of the bellboy and she apologise for the attitude of the bellboy and said the shower holder would be changed. For the next 3 days of my stay, the bellboy kept on shot me dagger stares and when he saw me, he made me feel as though I offended him. I ordered pizza from outside to be delivered and when it came, they talked in Thai that they also wanted to eat and who is hungry as though I am transparent and couldn't understand Thai which I did but limited. The movie channel is manually controlled and suppose to play 8 movies a day but I only "Star Trek" for 2 days and when I brought it up then they played the movies. Internet is not free and you could connect to other room's access points. I rented a car and according to the security guard they could park the car for me. Only once did a bellboy park the car for me. I tested a 2nd time when I stopped the car at the lobby entrance, there were people standing there and they saw me and me wife, but they just stood there as though we were transparent, the security guard looked at me and its as though he knew the bellboy would not park the car, I parked the car myself in the end. Even when the hair dryer was spoilt I was hesistant to call their room service as I felt they were bias towards me. For the first time throughout my visit to all over Thailand's hotels is that I just felt bullied, disrespected and the experience is extremely horrible. if you are a caucasian, I believe you have a better experience overall perhaps. I would rather spend abit more for other places or better located as without transport, its really troublesome to go outside of the hotel. Try at your own risk !

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room, ours was covered and saw nothing at all.
Phuket, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I write this whilst still in the hotel. I've stayed at 6 hotels in Thailand in the last 3 weeks and this is by far the worst hotel I have EVER stayed in. I've stayed in hostels with better staff and service than this place.

The receptionist is absolutely vile, and obviously hates her job and takes it out on everyone she comes into contact with. Checking in takes more than an hour. If you ask them to arrange a taxi for you, the concierge will get a cut of the taxi rate. The food is terrible - quantities little, taste horrendous. The shower is weak and barely any hot water. The internet is super slow - and you have to pay for it! You're a good couple miles from karon beach so the location is pretty unhelpful too.

The floor manager has no control over his staff and if you have a complaint, rather than fixing it he can only 'apologise'. There's a limit to how long you can accept apologies before you expect them to rectify the situation.

If you plan to come here and have time to change your reservation, then do so! Absolutely useless place to throw your money at.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Centaravillasphuket, Manager at Centara Villas Phuket, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us at Centara Villas.
I am sorry to read of your disappointment.
We will work harder as a team to improve and hope one day you would return.
Safe Travels and thank you for your feedback
from the Centara Villas Phuket Team.
leicester England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed here for the second time in 2 years and again found the hotel and the staff very good .I cannot agree with some of the poor comments on this site re this hotel .The manageress is recently appointed yes, but absolutely a delight ,her customer focus is as good as many 5*hotels.Food was great with the service in the resturant and bars acceptable for this grade of hotel. The food and beverage manager Jee is a really nice chap and always wants to ensure you are made to feel welcome.
We used the spa 3 times in 4 days and I have to say this is one of the best Centara spas I have used .Nanug the spa manageress is great ,very welcoming and focused on her customers ,the Thai massage was really supurb (and I have ha many over the years)We will certainly be coming back to this resort in the next few years and hope that many of the same staff are still there. Yes a small hotel ,with one restaurant and a quaint foyer ,but an idealic location with clean rooms and a great homely welcome from a small team of dedicated staff .

Room Tip: Lower pool villas are without doubt best located.use Tuk Tuk for transportation to the restaurant it...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Centara Villas Phuket? Share your experiences!