“Terrible hotel service with a terrible location” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Centara Villas Phuket

Save Saved
You added Centara Villas Phuket to your Saves list
Centara Villas Phuket
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   701 Patak Rd | Karon Beach, Karon, Phuket Town, Phuket 83130, Thailand (Formerly Central Karon Village)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book direct save more 60%
Ranked #17 of 69 hotels in Karon
Singapore
“Terrible hotel service with a terrible location”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The following review of the hotel is based on facts and personal experience. Centara is suppose to be a 4 star hotel and a well known brand in Thailand. I arrived at the hotel earlier than 2.00pm. Check in took about 10 minutes, however I had to wait about 25 minutes before being able to be go and be transported to my room. You can see that its very slow as there were other baggages all around the lobby area. The view looks great as it on top of the hill, however there are only 4 timings for the transport, and its only ONE way. You would need to pay more for the transport to and back to the hotel each time which would increase your costs. Its not for old people or handicapped as the resort is quite steep and not quite convenient to walk around. The internal transport is quite fast, takes about 5 minutes before the "tuk tuk" comes. The service is however terrible, if you are caucasian or farang, they greet you warmly and ask you how your day is, if you happen to be asian like me, you don't even get a hello from any hotel staff. I reported to check my bathroom as there was some rust on the shower holder and panels including the sink. The male bellboy came in with his shoes on and in a confrontation manner and walked all over the floor. Later the head of housekeeping came in and my wife told her about the attitude of the bellboy and she apologise for the attitude of the bellboy and said the shower holder would be changed. For the next 3 days of my stay, the bellboy kept on shot me dagger stares and when he saw me, he made me feel as though I offended him. I ordered pizza from outside to be delivered and when it came, they talked in Thai that they also wanted to eat and who is hungry as though I am transparent and couldn't understand Thai which I did but limited. The movie channel is manually controlled and suppose to play 8 movies a day but I only "Star Trek" for 2 days and when I brought it up then they played the movies. Internet is not free and you could connect to other room's access points. I rented a car and according to the security guard they could park the car for me. Only once did a bellboy park the car for me. I tested a 2nd time when I stopped the car at the lobby entrance, there were people standing there and they saw me and me wife, but they just stood there as though we were transparent, the security guard looked at me and its as though he knew the bellboy would not park the car, I parked the car myself in the end. Even when the hair dryer was spoilt I was hesistant to call their room service as I felt they were bias towards me. For the first time throughout my visit to all over Thailand's hotels is that I just felt bullied, disrespected and the experience is extremely horrible. if you are a caucasian, I believe you have a better experience overall perhaps. I would rather spend abit more for other places or better located as without transport, its really troublesome to go outside of the hotel. Try at your own risk !

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room, ours was covered and saw nothing at all.

620 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Phuket, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I write this whilst still in the hotel. I've stayed at 6 hotels in Thailand in the last 3 weeks and this is by far the worst hotel I have EVER stayed in. I've stayed in hostels with better staff and service than this place.

The receptionist is absolutely vile, and obviously hates her job and takes it out on everyone she comes into contact with. Checking in takes more than an hour. If you ask them to arrange a taxi for you, the concierge will get a cut of the taxi rate. The food is terrible - quantities little, taste horrendous. The shower is weak and barely any hot water. The internet is super slow - and you have to pay for it! You're a good couple miles from karon beach so the location is pretty unhelpful too.

The floor manager has no control over his staff and if you have a complaint, rather than fixing it he can only 'apologise'. There's a limit to how long you can accept apologies before you expect them to rectify the situation.

If you plan to come here and have time to change your reservation, then do so! Absolutely useless place to throw your money at.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Centaravillasphuket, Manager at Centara Villas Phuket, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us at Centara Villas.
I am sorry to read of your disappointment.
We will work harder as a team to improve and hope one day you would return.
Safe Travels and thank you for your feedback
from the Centara Villas Phuket Team.
leicester England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed here for the second time in 2 years and again found the hotel and the staff very good .I cannot agree with some of the poor comments on this site re this hotel .The manageress is recently appointed yes, but absolutely a delight ,her customer focus is as good as many 5*hotels.Food was great with the service in the resturant and bars acceptable for this grade of hotel. The food and beverage manager Jee is a really nice chap and always wants to ensure you are made to feel welcome.
We used the spa 3 times in 4 days and I have to say this is one of the best Centara spas I have used .Nanug the spa manageress is great ,very welcoming and focused on her customers ,the Thai massage was really supurb (and I have ha many over the years)We will certainly be coming back to this resort in the next few years and hope that many of the same staff are still there. Yes a small hotel ,with one restaurant and a quaint foyer ,but an idealic location with clean rooms and a great homely welcome from a small team of dedicated staff .

Room Tip: Lower pool villas are without doubt best located.use Tuk Tuk for transportation to the restaurant it...
Mumbai, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We have booked this resort for November 2013. We've sent emails to the management and also contacted them thru website regarding some requests and questions. We have not received any response at all to any of our mails. Especially reading the bad reviews on tripadvisor + seeing the unresponsiveness of the management is making me very scared about going here. I had not expected that such an expensive hotel will be so customer unfriendly. I urge the hotel to look into this as well as the recent bad reviews.

Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed there for.8 nights .. Overall the place and view was very nice but the bedding sheets and shower curtains had stains around .. Also there was some ants in the bathroom ... We only had breakfast there which was not bad but we never had lunch there..

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Sheffield
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We cut short our 6 night stay at the Villas because our experience was not 4*.We picked a frontline villa with own pool.The location was perfect-just a small strip of grass then the sea and very private.
However on closer inspection the villa was in need of attention,grouting missing,shower curtain stained,a plug hanging from the wall socket and the pool looked dirty,small items but not in keeping with the Centara brand.The lobby was unappealing too,with no welcome drink and no fruit in our room.
The management team were most apologetic,apparently some villas have been renovated and the manager had only been there for a short time.The main reason we moved was on the second day when the gardeners took over 6 hours to cut half the grass using a strimmer.The peace and quiet was ruined.Once again the team were apologetic,but we were not prepared to keeping paying out for a poor service
Be aware that the hotel is quite isolated,next door hotel looks to be abandoned and the path to the beach is uneven and takes you through a neglected part covered with empty bottles and cans

Room Tip: Ask for a recently renovated one.Also,although built on the hillside,some views will be hidden by th...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

My partner and I stayed at Centara Villas Karon for 10 days around 2 weeks ago. As we checked in around 10pm we were not greeted with a complimentary drink like we thought and had to carry our luggage ourselves to our room. We found the room to be quite basic, air con didn't work properly, fridge never kept drinks cool and bed was very uncomfortable. We stayed right at the top of the hill in room 104, which probably had the best views in the resort. The biggest disappointment was the dining experiences and food. We had room service one night and was the worst two meals we have both ever eaten, pizza had no topping and the casear salad was a hand full of lettuce, with minimal ingredients. The daily buffet breakfast had no variety and we had the same options every day. Staff were friendly most of the time but I had much higher expectations, they didn't seem to go that extra effort to meet your needs. I would still recommended Centara Villas due to the great location, views and lovely tropical surrounds that nestle the villas.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Centara Villas Phuket? Share your experiences!