What a stunning private beach! It is so clean and well maintained.
I wish we had the opportunity to enjoy one of the newly refurbished room. Unfortunately, at check-in, we were given an "upgrade" to the ocean view room on the old wing. I don't consider this an upgrade at all. Room was dated, bathroom was definitely not a 5-star standard. Mouldy ceiling and grouts.
Room is spacious, but the tea and coffee making facilities is very basic.
June is low season in Phuket, and the hotel was quite empty. We found that there was not enough staff presence in the pool area during the day. We saw some guests having to carry and open umbrellas around the pool, and it took us a while to place our lunch/snack order by the pool as there was no staff around.
Breakfast was average, quantity and quality. Egg station was quite a let down, the egg omellete was not cooked at all on the inside. Pastries were great and the Le Meridien eye opener shots was a must try every morning!
We went out for most lunches and dinner, as food in the hotel is exorbitant!! Way too expensive. As a comparison, a fried rice or pad thai at the hotel would set you back around THB400++, if you walked out to Mr Yong's restaurant outside the hotel gate, it would only cost you around THB150.
For drinks, we went out to the beach hut bar, they also cost about 10% of what the hotel charges, and you can bring drinks from this bar into the pool area.
Le Spa was great, although it is not cheap. They offered a great 40% off for rainy season, which made it reasonable. The tea and the spa room was the highlight of the treatment.
Only managed to see the baby elephant for about 5 minutes. Didn't make appearance on all the other days we spent at the hotel.
We never had a turn-down service, which i always thought a standard for 5-star rating hotel. On top of it, on one of the days we stayed, our room was not serviced until I made a call around 5.30 in the evening! We didn't even have clean towel to use. I had to call room service twice, and asked to speak to the duty manager before someone finally came knocking on our door to give us clean towels and promised to service the room while we were out that night.
I would recommend taking the hotel shuttle to Patong, THB100 per person one way.
On the way back, a tuk-tuk or taxi from Patong should cost you between THB180-200.
Mr Yong's restaurant outside the gate is fantastic for lunch, with some genuine local Thai food. We met Mr Yong himself, and he's a nice guy. His son, Mr Rin has a taxi car. He offers quite a good rate too, cheaper than the hotel taxi.
Overall, it was a good stay because of the beach. I don't think we'll stay in this hotel again, the service we received didn't make us "miss" the hotel when we left.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort is located on a lush cove on Phuket’s southwestern coast with a secluded 500-metre pristine white-sand beach. One of very few hotels on Phuket where guests can enjoy a tranquil secluded beach right next to the hotel without the need to cross a street or walk some distance. Le Meridien Phuket Beach offers 470 renovated rooms and suites including Deluxe Ocean View Rooms, Deluxe Terrace Rooms, and Ocean View Junior Suites fully renovated in October 2013. Enjoy a complete range of sports and recreational facilities with two oversized tropical swimming pools, shaded kids pool, lap pool, 6 tennis courts, 2 air-conditioned squash courts, 9-hole mini-golf, rock-climbing wall, basketball court, and a dedicated on-site Penguin Club for kids (04-12 yrs) offering fun, creative, and educational programmes. Use of the Penguin Club's facilities and all non-motorised watersports at the Resort are free.Le Spa, awarded 'Amazing Resort Spa' at the 2013 Thailand Spa and Well-Being Awards, offers pampering treatments and luxurious programmes designed to rejuvinate and refresh the senses.There are 10 restaurants and bars offering the world's more popular cuisines including a refurbished Pakarang Restaurant and a new Le Meridien-branded 'Latest Recipe' Restaurant opened in October 2013.Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort is only 5kms away from Patong and Karon, Phuket's main entertainment and shopping districts and is a 45-minute drive from Phuket International Airport and 5 kms from the shopping and entertainment district of Patong. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Starwood APAC, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Agoda so you can book your Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Hotel Karon
- Le Meridien Karon
- Meridien Phuket Beach Hotel
- Phuket Le Meridien
- Le Meridian Phuket
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort Karon