This is probably the first hotel I've ever stayed at where I've disagreed with a good Tripadvisor rating. I've stayed in hotels in Thailand many times on business and vacation trips and I do think this is about the worst value hotel I've stayed at. It was okay but I think there are better places on Phuket for the money
We stayed here for 5 days in an Ocean view deluxe room. The room was okay not huge but not too small. The bathroom was quite well done although I was quite surprised to find there was no bath. The aircon was a little noisy and you could hear everything from the room above and next door, plus suitcases being rolled outside at the crack of dawn. TV channels were quite limited. On 3 of the 5 nights we got back to the room to find the card key was not working and I had to go back and forth 3 times to reception to get the key reactivated and then have someone come up with a master key when this did not work. Other people I talked to had the same problem.
The pools are very nice and the beach good too. The service round the pools was a bit non existent though. Not once did I manage to find someone to get me a drink when I wanted one. The food was okay but not very Thai and very expensive for Thailand.
They obviously don't wnat you to leave the resort for a night out. There are a few minibuses leaving each night but you have to walk 10 minute to the top of the road and haggle for a car or tuk tuk into Patong. Every other hotel I saw has a string of tuk tuks waiting outside, but they are obviously banned from go to the Meridien unless dropping off.
On the plus side it is a nice haven from Patong, nice and quiet and isolated, in very nice gardens. I do think the hotel is showing some signs of age and there are definately better out there for $150.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort is located on a lush cove on Phuket’s southwestern coast with a secluded 500-metre pristine white-sand beach. One of very few hotels on Phuket where guests can enjoy a tranquil secluded beach right next to the hotel without the need to cross a street or walk some distance. Le Meridien Phuket Beach offers 470 renovated rooms and suites including Deluxe Ocean View Rooms, Deluxe Terrace Rooms, and Ocean View Junior Suites fully renovated in October 2013. Enjoy a complete range of sports and recreational facilities with two oversized tropical swimming pools, shaded kids pool, lap pool, 6 tennis courts, 2 air-conditioned squash courts, 9-hole mini-golf, rock-climbing wall, basketball court, and a dedicated on-site Penguin Club for kids (04-12 yrs) offering fun, creative, and educational programmes. Use of the Penguin Club's facilities and all non-motorised watersports at the Resort are free.Le Spa, awarded 'Amazing Resort Spa' at the 2013 Thailand Spa and Well-Being Awards, offers pampering treatments and luxurious programmes designed to rejuvinate and refresh the senses.There are 10 restaurants and bars offering the world's more popular cuisines including a refurbished Pakarang Restaurant and a new Le Meridien-branded 'Latest Recipe' Restaurant opened in October 2013.Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort is only 5kms away from Patong and Karon, Phuket's main entertainment and shopping districts and is a 45-minute drive from Phuket International Airport and 5 kms from the shopping and entertainment district of Patong. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Hotel Karon
- Le Meridien Karon
- Meridien Phuket Beach Hotel
- Phuket Le Meridien
- Le Meridian Phuket
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort Karon