I liked the beach the most, its clean, white sand, clear waters and the resort has the whole beach to itself so you don't get bothered by people hawking things.
From staff side i found the restaurant staff to be great, they were so friendly and helpful, it was nice to know going to have breakfast you'd be seeing all those smiling faces.
in comparison i thought "some" of the front office staff were a little off and i didn't appreciate that.
So many hotels to choose from these days i understand HR is going to be an issue in most places but at 5 star resorts they need to have everyone in sync and genuinely looking after guests especially with the prices paid.
Another good thing is the car service, its worth spending the 1300b to get a private car and driver pick you up and another 1300b to take you to airport. When leaving the resort and going to airport this is especially good service as they take you trolley and luggage all the way to check in desk and make sure everything goes smoothly! that was a nice touch.
the hotel is only half open at present as its undergoing renovation, but you don't notice the works going on so that good!
The big pool is excellent!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort is located on a lush cove on Phuket’s southwestern coast with a secluded 500-metre pristine white-sand beach. One of very few hotels on Phuket where guests can enjoy a tranquil secluded beach right next to the hotel without the need to cross a street or walk some distance. Le Meridien Phuket Beach offers 470 renovated rooms and suites including Deluxe Ocean View Rooms, Deluxe Terrace Rooms, and Ocean View Junior Suites fully renovated in October 2013. Enjoy a complete range of sports and recreational facilities with two oversized tropical swimming pools, shaded kids pool, lap pool, 6 tennis courts, 2 air-conditioned squash courts, 9-hole mini-golf, rock-climbing wall, basketball court, and a dedicated on-site Penguin Club for kids (04-12 yrs) offering fun, creative, and educational programmes. Use of the Penguin Club's facilities and all non-motorised watersports at the Resort are free.Le Spa, awarded 'Amazing Resort Spa' at the 2013 Thailand Spa and Well-Being Awards, offers pampering treatments and luxurious programmes designed to rejuvinate and refresh the senses.There are 10 restaurants and bars offering the world's more popular cuisines including a refurbished Pakarang Restaurant and a new Le Meridien-branded 'Latest Recipe' Restaurant opened in October 2013.Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort is only 5kms away from Patong and Karon, Phuket's main entertainment and shopping districts and is a 45-minute drive from Phuket International Airport and 5 kms from the shopping and entertainment district of Patong. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Starwood APAC, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Hotel Karon
- Le Meridien Karon
- Meridien Phuket Beach Hotel
- Phuket Le Meridien
- Le Meridian Phuket
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort Karon