“great beach” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort

You added Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort to your Saves list
Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   29 Soi Karon Nui | Karon, Muang, Karon, Phuket Town, Phuket 83100, Thailand   |
Ranked #9 of 72 Hotels in Karon
4.5 of 5 stars 1,780 Reviews
Macau, China
“great beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I liked the beach the most, its clean, white sand, clear waters and the resort has the whole beach to itself so you don't get bothered by people hawking things.

From staff side i found the restaurant staff to be great, they were so friendly and helpful, it was nice to know going to have breakfast you'd be seeing all those smiling faces.

in comparison i thought "some" of the front office staff were a little off and i didn't appreciate that.

So many hotels to choose from these days i understand HR is going to be an issue in most places but at 5 star resorts they need to have everyone in sync and genuinely looking after guests especially with the prices paid.

Another good thing is the car service, its worth spending the 1300b to get a private car and driver pick you up and another 1300b to take you to airport. When leaving the resort and going to airport this is especially good service as they take you trolley and luggage all the way to check in desk and make sure everything goes smoothly! that was a nice touch.

the hotel is only half open at present as its undergoing renovation, but you don't notice the works going on so that good!

The big pool is excellent!

Room Tip: make sure to get a room facing into the resort, pool area/seaview. the back of the hotel area looke...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Almario, Director of Online & Marketing Communications at Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Hello 'mike m'

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry to learn that you had unpleasant interactions with some of our associates. We would definitely appreciate any assistance you could provide in our aim of continually improving our service delivery. When you have a moment, kindly send us a few more notes on your unpleasant interactions so we could review and improve through my email almario.mungcal@lemeridien.com. Many thanks for your help in advance. Meanwhile, it's great to know that the current renovations at the 2 closed buildings of the resort did not affect your experience. I should add that we have generally received positive comments since we began this programme in May this year. Many thanks for your review and we look forward to having you again at Le Meridien Phuket.

Kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
las Vegas, NV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I am writing this with the caveat you must ask for a renovated room. There is construction going on and while the sound should not bother you, I don't think all rentable units have been renovated.
Those of you who read my reviews know I stay more than 100 nights per year as a leisure traveler, and I have seen lot of good and bad.
This hotel meets the expectations I have for the Westin brand.Good service, nice clean updated rooms with good beds, and for a resort a really nice beach--the kind you would expect in a resort.
The pool is probably the biggest I have seen at a Starwood property, with ample room to swim laps despite people in the pool. It's wide and long. There is also tennis, a small "driving range,"
Basketball court, and I noticed an archery offering but did not check it out.
The onsite ATM ($5 ATM fee it seems everywhere I have been in Thailand) is helpful as you don't have to worry about doing a transaction on a street at night.
I found the a la carte menu to be tasty, with food well-prepared and presented. I didn't try the buffets as I have food allergies, and I have to say this hotel was the most concerned on that matter of anywhere I have stayed. They took down the data and kept track of the foods I ordered. Impressive for a hotel to do this.
A solid 4 from my perspective. Good value for the offerings provided.

Room Tip: ask for a renovated pool view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear 'traderprofit'

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to Phuket. No doubt your feedback and appraisal comes highly regarded what with the frequency of your hotel stays. We are happy to note that we met your expectations - be it for a Westin (which is also a part of Starwood Hotels and Resorts) or Le Meridien hotel. Thank you for your feedback on the food and I am especially happy to learn that your requirements were carefully noted and referenced by our associates. Many thanks for your time in posting your review. We look forward to having you at Le Meridien Phuket again soon.

Lyon, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this resort for two short nights last month. Nice greeting at receiption upon checking in, with welcome drink and flowers. We got a pool ciew room, and we can also view the beach from balcony. The pool is big and clean, with a few floating boards free to use. The resort private beach is so nice, much better than the Phuket public beach. No noise from the water motorcycle and no bother from street vendors. There are various free activities provided by the Hotel however we didn't have time to attend.
The hotel is currently under renovation, therefore we got free Internet access at our room & the hotel spa was 50% off on selected courses.
I was glad we decided to rent a car at airport because the resort is located on the hills south of Patong beach, 5-10 mins by drive. If we didn't rent a car we would end up spending over 1000B of transportation to towns.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear 'Bigpawbasset'

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay - particularly the room you stayed in and the enhancements we currently offer guests staying with us during this time. I would certainly agree with your opinion that the secluded beach next to the resort is arguably one of the best beaches on the island - cradled between lush mountains, a secluded 500-metre white sand beach and tranquil surroundings. We hope you'll choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Phuket.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 3 night just last week and I was blown away from check in. Staff at reception who checked me in was most detailed abt the facilities of the hotel. Her smile just melted my stressful and heavy heart.

Processe took less than 5 mins to check in and I was served a cold towel and a cup of fragrance tea to freshen up.

The Concierge, Ms Varisa showed me to my room and was explaining the facilities and the different restaurants in the hotel to me.

Room was huge and clean. Loved the way Thais decorate the rooms with towels. (See pic)

Special thanks to Ms Varisa for her help with some special arrangements and recommendations on spa and restaurant.

Housekeeping did a great job cleaning up my room daily and staffs at breakfast restaurant are most patient and always with a smile. The bellman are always greeting you when walking pass them. Not forgetting the security officers at the gantry leading to the hotel for their warm smiles too.

The private beach was very clean and uncluttered. Star of the beach has got to be the baby elephant who'll walk through every day at 11am.

Although renovations are ongoing, i was never inconvenience nor hear any noise throughout my stay. I will definitely stay at Le Meridien again when I'm at Phuket.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear 'Xavier K'

Thank you for your comments. I am happy to learn that you had a relaxing stay and that you enjoyed your time with us. We are also happy to learn that the current renovations at the 2 closed buildings of the resort did not affect your experience. Since we began this programme in May this year, we have generally received positive comments - or no comments at all which I think is good in this particular case :) as some guests didn't even notice. We certainly regard guest comfort and convenience an utmost priority especially as we improve our rooms and suites further. Thank you for your feedback on our housekeeping team, Ms Varisa, and the security staff. Your comments have been well-received and widely shared no doubt. We hope you'll think of Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort again for your next relaxing retreat.

Khabarovsk, Khabarovsk, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort is a really wonderful place. First time I went there in 2007 and since that I've gone back to Le Meridien 6 times. And wish I could go there many times more!
One of the main advantages of the hotel is its location. Being enclosed by hills from both sides and behind, it has not just a private beach but also its own bay! The sea is so soft so it seems as if you dive into milk and the sand naturally looks like sugar... Oh, I miss it so much!
As for staff I would safely call it perfect. Almost all of them are quite friendly and outgoing, sport instructors are real professionals in their field and can always help you to find the way how to spend your time actively. By the way, all sport facilities (water sports, tennis courts, climbing, golf and mini-golf and so on) are included, so you don't have to pay for them being on the rest.
And one more point which attracts me so much. It's special so called "Meridien's" atmosphere which makes you absolutely relaxed! Be sure, as soon as you lie down on the beach bed you'll forget about all thoughts that troubled you before!;)

• Stayed March 2013
Dear 'ValeriyaMukhacheva'

Warm greetings from Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort. Many, many thanks for your sharing your feedback. We are thrilled to learn that each of your stays have been enjoyable and each one has provided you with bliss. Thank you for making us your home whenever you are on Phuket. How we love your description of the secluded beach and the vibe you enjoy most at the Resort. Very relaxing perspective indeed. Thanks for your appreciation of our facilities and associates. We look forward to having you again at Le Meridien Phuket.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in May'13 and it was a great experience. The hotel has a lovely beach virtually private to the guests as its cordoned off by the hills on both sides. The beach is clean and the views fantastic. We were upgraded to the Junior Suite and the sea views from the room balcony was amazing. The resort is undergoing renovation but we were hardly disturbed. The breakfast spread was good but they could have more people at live egg station as it took us 30 mins to get an omelette.The room service options also were a bit limited. The hotel pool is very large and clean and beach side restaurant offer good Italian food. The play area and activities for children were the best i have seen. The kids had a great time doing art and crafts and playing. The hotel is about 10 min. drive from the Patong town and offers complete holiday experience. Would love to be back again.

Room Tip: Junior Suites sea view are the best or else pool facing rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Almario, Director of Online & Marketing Communications at Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear 'MukeshMakhijani'

Thank you for your feedback. It's great to know that your family enjoyed your time with us. We are especially pleased to learn that your children enjoyed the Penguin Club and its activities. Your kind comments on this is timely as Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort was just recently voted into the elite 'Best Family Experience' category by Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) Members in the annual 2013 SPG Members Choice programme. It is also rewarding to learn that the team's planning of the current renovations is paying off as evident with your comments. Thanks for this. From the initial stages of planning up to implementation of the current multi-phase renovations, the Resort has placed guest comfort and care as the utmost priority. Thank you once again for your review and kind endorsement. We look forward to having you and your family at Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort again soon.

Phuket, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We were booked at the junior suite. The rooms were spacious with enough space for a bed for my 7 year or son. Attached balcony facing the pool and the ocean was great. It's private beach is the best attraction. It has a huge pool area with the interconnected beach which makes it a lovely destination for people wanting to relax on the beach. The resort is built on a huge area. Enough activities for kids. It is 10 mins drive from Patong beach. Overall it's a nice place to stay

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Almario, Director of Online & Marketing Communications at Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear 'Anurag217'

Warm greetings. Many thanks for sharing your experience. I am happy to note that you enjoyed your time in one of our Junior Suites which interestingly is one of the room types we are scheduled to refurbished, including Deluxe Ocean View Rooms and Deluxe Terrace Rooms. I hope your family will stay with us again to enjoy these refurbished rooms and suites.

Kind regards,

Been to Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort? Share your experiences!