Do not confuse this LeMeridien with the one is KhaoLak Beach. I made the reservation at KhaoLak and the cab driver took us to this location. So we ended up staying here. The hotel was full but it was late night - the manager helped us to get a room rather than driving another 2 hrs to get to KhaoLak where we supposed to spend our vacation.
This resort location is secluded, but not very far from Patong Beach (10 mins tuktuk ride each way). From airport, it is quite a drive (40mins-1.5 hrs depending on traffic) - many taxis available at the airport (none use meter so you have to agree on a price when taking one). The resort has its own private beach which makes it even better. The beach is nice and has many big rocks towards the edge of the property. Great if you love photography. Twice a day a baby elephant named Valentine comes visit the beach to greet the kids. You can bring fruits for the elephant to eat, or money for tips.
There are at least five different pools - all are excellent. Good for kids, solo travel, or even honeymooners. The property has a lounge for travelers between the pools area. Four restaurants or more are offered in the complex. We tried two of them and we were satisfied. One time I was craving for McDonald and wanted to try Thai version, so we called them to deliver the food. However, when I picked up the meals in the lobby the hotel rep let us know it was the last time we could do such thing. I dont understand why, McDonald is an American chain and they should be high standard of hygene.
The room is clean, bed is comfortable, and bathroom is modern. However, you can still feel Thai culture in the room based on the wall decorations and furnitures.
The hotel has shuttle service to reach Patong Beach. You can hire tuktuk or taxi to get back. Using hotel to arrange a taxi cost more. When you get to Patong beach, try to get information about taxi driver/car you like - you can always stick with them the rest of your vacation if you like them. It seems like most taxi in Patong beach is illegal taxis.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Hotel Karon
- Le Meridien Karon
- Le Meridien Phuket
- Meridien Phuket Beach Hotel
- Phuket Le Meridien
- Le Meridian Phuket
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort Karon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a secluded cove on Phuket’s southwestern coast, Le Meridien Phuket offers 470 rooms and suites, including newly renovated Deluxe Garden and Deluxe Pool View Rooms, and Superior Suites in the Chaba Wing. Enjoy a secluded 500-metre pristine beach, complete recreational facilities, 10 restaurants and bars, 2 oversized swimming pools, spa, and kids centre. The resort is a 45-minute drive from Phuket International Airport and 5 kms from the shopping and entertainment district of Patong. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Starwood APAC, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Olotels, AsiaRooms, Agoda, Venere, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.