Stayed 4 nights, checking in after midnight the first night. I used starpoints.
Why is it that some starwood hotels treat their gold members exceptionally and some, particularly the higher end ones, do not? I understand that a room upgrade may not always be available (was not on this visit), but I was surprised that my 4pm checkout benefit was not allowed, even after a second inquiry and telling them I was not pleased (they really did not seem to care).
The property is quite beautiful. I was very happy with the room, grounds, and common areas. Only drawbacks...property is 10 minutes drive from Patong, so count on having to take taxis. Not much around the resort. Also, look for US prices on pretty much everything at this resort. Even though local prices are half or less US prices, don't count on any discounts here. Was surprised that a breakfast buffet is $20. You expect resort pricing, but not quite as much as US. Seems simple economics that if they weren't quite so overpriced, people would buy more.
Really a lovely hotel, but just don't expect it to be quite the 5-star service this chain is known for.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Hotel Karon
- Le Meridien Karon
- Le Meridien Phuket
- Meridien Phuket Beach Hotel
- Phuket Le Meridien
- Le Meridian Phuket
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort Karon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort is located on a lush cove on Phuket’s southwestern coast with a secluded 500-metre pristine white-sand beach. One of very few hotels on Phuket where guests can enjoy a tranquil secluded beach right next to the hotel without the need to cross a street or walk some distance. Le Meridien Phuket Beach offers 470 renovated rooms and suites including Deluxe Ocean View Rooms, Deluxe Terrace Rooms, and Ocean View Junior Suites fully renovated in October 2013. Enjoy a complete range of sports and recreational facilities with two oversized tropical swimming pools, shaded kids pool, lap pool, 6 tennis courts, 2 air-conditioned squash courts, 9-hole mini-golf, rock-climbing wall, basketball court, and a dedicated on-site Penguin Club for kids (04-12 yrs) offering fun, creative, and educational programmes. Use of the Penguin Club's facilities and all non-motorised watersports at the Resort are free.Le Spa, awarded 'Amazing Resort Spa' at the 2013 Thailand Spa and Well-Being Awards, offers pampering treatments and luxurious programmes designed to rejuvinate and refresh the senses.There are 10 restaurants and bars offering the world's more popular cuisines including a refurbished Pakarang Restaurant and a new Le Meridien-branded 'Latest Recipe' Restaurant opened in October 2013.Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort is only 5kms away from Patong and Karon, Phuket's main entertainment and shopping districts and is a 45-minute drive from Phuket International Airport and 5 kms from the shopping and entertainment district of Patong. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Tingo, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.