We stayed at Le Meridien Phuket for 3 nights in July 2011. We usually don't like a big resort, but we wanted to try Le Meridien's private beach which many people have raved about.
The beach was indeed very nice. It was as beautiful as Kata or Kata Noi beach. What makes the beach at LM stand out from other beaches in Phuket is that it is private with plenty of comfortable sunbeds and straw umbrellas without interruptions from vendors and hawkers. We had the most relaxing time on the beach. The beach was never crowded, and we felt very secure. We often left our camera and camcorder in the bag on the sun lounger and went to swim in the ocean.
The staff were friendly; especially the front staff were very warm, friendly, and helpful; we were always greeted with a warm smile; from check in until we left, we had a wonderful relaxing time because of the friendly and helpful staff.
Our room was a deluxe pool view room on the 3rd floor at Chaba Wing. The room was recently renovated and spotless clean with a comfortable king size bed and an excellent shower booth. The balcony was large enough with excellent pool view and partial ocean view. Watching the illuminated pool and beach area from our balcony listening to waves at night was so relaxing.
The facilities are excellent. We liked to use the gym which has lots of cardio and weight machines and a big area for stretching. There is fee Wifi available around lobby area. Adjacent to the lobby, there is a large air-conditioned lounge (Similan Lounge?) where several IMacs are available for free use. The one-year-old boy elephant walking around the swimming pool area(twice a day?) was so cute.
Going to Patong from the hotel is easy. The hotel's shuttle (100 THB pp) drops guests at the intersection of Beach road and Bangla road every 30 minutes in the evening. We usually came back to the hotel by a tuk tuk (200 THB) from Jungceylon after dinning and shopping.
Before staying at Le Meridien, our concern was that the resort might be very crowded. Although many families with children were staying at the resort, we never felt crowded. There are two breakfast restaurants and have enough tables for guests. There are one large lagoon-style and one lap swimming pools with plenty of sun loungers.
Only a negative point is their room rates. We stayed there in the low season, but felt the room rates were still a little bit high compared to some of other 4 star hotels in Phuket.
We had a perfect beach resort vacation. After an enjoyable stay at LM, we moved to another hotel in Patong for 3 nights, and we wished we had stayed at Le Meridien longer.
We would like to stay at Le Meridien if we would go back to Phuket again in the low season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort is located on a lush cove on Phuket’s southwestern coast with a secluded 500-metre pristine white-sand beach. One of very few hotels on Phuket where guests can enjoy a tranquil secluded beach right next to the hotel without the need to cross a street or walk some distance. Le Meridien Phuket Beach offers 470 renovated rooms and suites including Deluxe Ocean View Rooms, Deluxe Terrace Rooms, and Ocean View Junior Suites fully renovated in October 2013. Enjoy a complete range of sports and recreational facilities with two oversized tropical swimming pools, shaded kids pool, lap pool, 6 tennis courts, 2 air-conditioned squash courts, 9-hole mini-golf, rock-climbing wall, basketball court, and a dedicated on-site Penguin Club for kids (04-12 yrs) offering fun, creative, and educational programmes. Use of the Penguin Club's facilities and all non-motorised watersports at the Resort are free.Le Spa, awarded 'Amazing Resort Spa' at the 2013 Thailand Spa and Well-Being Awards, offers pampering treatments and luxurious programmes designed to rejuvinate and refresh the senses.There are 10 restaurants and bars offering the world's more popular cuisines including a refurbished Pakarang Restaurant and a new Le Meridien-branded 'Latest Recipe' Restaurant opened in October 2013.Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort is only 5kms away from Patong and Karon, Phuket's main entertainment and shopping districts and is a 45-minute drive from Phuket International Airport and 5 kms from the shopping and entertainment district of Patong. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Starwood APAC, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com and Agoda so you can book your Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Hotel Karon
- Le Meridien Karon
- Meridien Phuket Beach Hotel
- Phuket Le Meridien
- Le Meridian Phuket
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort Karon