We spent six nights at Best Western Phuket Ocean Resort. This hotel is very close to the Koran beach which has deck chairs and umbrellas and eateries. The location is very central and one can easily catch taxis or do local shopping. There are many different places to eat a variety of foods within walking distance.
Be prepared to wait in a queue for breakfast in the morning. It is extremely busy and crowded. The hotel offers a buffet of fresh fruits, salads, cold meat and cheese, bread and pastries, Asian, Eastern and Western breakfast foods. The staff working behind the counter as well as serving staff are very friendly. We were particularly impressed with Mel who always ensured that everyone has their tea or coffee and a refill if required.
The swimming pool area is well frequented and nicely cared for. The hotel offers each guest a towel for their use. It would be preferable if there was a system in place to ensure that once guests left the pool area thier lounge chair could be used by other guests as what happens is guests leave personal items on their chairs and go shopping or to lunch and return three hours later to 'their chair'.
The gardens are well cared for, neat and lovely.
There is complimentary tea, coffee always available at reception. There was also tea and coffee available to make in the room as well as complimentary water each day.
There is a lot of music at night and sensitive sleepers may find it difficult to get some rest.
The bedrooms are large enough with nice blocked out curtains in order to sleep a bit late. We were unable to regulate our freezing cold AC. The bathroom was small but more modern. The bathroom shower curtain had mold on it and the towels were very tierd and worn with strings coming off them. Our bed linen had holes in it. Unfortunately for us the hotel used our corridor to store their broom, dustpan, clean and dirty towels, empty and full water bottles. Immediately outside our room door! So this is in effect a meeting place for the people who clean the rooms. You would not be able to sleep late with all the clinking of bottles and chatting going on. Further it was unpleasant to see their dirty laundry and cleaning equipment each time we stepped out of our room or came back to our room. We found it to be very disrespectful to the guest. We stayed in room 1425.
Upon checkout at 11:40 the receptionist asked us to please take a seat whilst she ensured that everything was in order with our room. We waited patiently until 12:25 and then enquired why this took so long. Unfortunately there had been a shift change and they had simply forgotten that we were still waiting. The hand over procedure was not what we would have expected.
In short we did not feel like a valued guest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western Phuket Ocean Resort is one of the best-valued vacation resorts in Phuket. The resort is situated at Karon beach on the hillside among the coconut groves overlooking Karon beach and Karon lagoon. We offer luxurious accommodations amid a lavish setting. You will truly enjoy seeing the sunset beyond Karon lagoon and walking along the beautiful fine sand beach of Karon beach. Resign yourself to the comfort of an exclusively appointed hillside resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Agoda and HostelBookers so you can book your BEST WESTERN Phuket Ocean Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Phuket Ocean Hotel Karon
- Best Western Karon
- Karon Best Western
- Phuket Best Western
- BEST WESTERN Phuket Ocean Resort Karon