Lack of privacy, daily maintenance is poor, slippery pavement, NOISE, pool algea outbreak, poor kids club. If you are interested about where this place needs to improve, then read on. The monsoon brings rain and keeps the crowds away. A week R&R with my family (2 adults & 2 kids 10 and 6) was not so R&R.
We have a family deluxe sea view room pretty much on the top floor. Room is ok with the minimum provided for. This is one big room with a double an a single bed plus another stow away bed under the single. No privacy for mum and dad :(
The rooms are maintained daily, but nothing too flash. Our whole family came down with the bug. At those times you wish disinfectants would be use liberally when cleaning toilet and shower. We have a suspicion that a lack of proper cleaning / disinfection was a contributor to all of us getting the bug on different days. We asked for extra bottled water, as only one 500ml bottle is provided per person per day, however we were told that every extra bottle would cost 20B. Cheaper to go to the mini mart, which is very close by.
The restaurant is good and breakfast buffet has a great selection.
If you are not sure footed this is not the place to go. The pavement is all slippery with a little water. Reception staff helpfulness was varied. Some staff were very attentive, others were less.
Then there is the noise. Slamming doors from three doors up sounded like our doors, the street / nightclub / disco taxis noise at night is horrendous and keeps going till the early hours.
The pools were great and clean the first 2 days, but then turned green....... The rain prevented us to go out all the time. A kids club is great. We have used them in other places in Phuket. But here the kids club was closed, so just a pool table and table tennis table. Really poor. Beach is 5 mins away on foot, but the busy road in between the hotel and the beach made this a bit of an unpleasant journey with young children, especially when it's wet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western Phuket Ocean Resort is one of the best-valued vacation resorts in Phuket. The resort is situated at Karon beach on the hillside among the coconut groves overlooking Karon beach and Karon lagoon. We offer luxurious accommodations amid a lavish setting. You will truly enjoy seeing the sunset beyond Karon lagoon and walking along the beautiful fine sand beach of Karon beach. Resign yourself to the comfort of an exclusively appointed hillside resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Tingo, Asiatravel.com Holdings, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, Venere and Otel so you can book your BEST WESTERN Phuket Ocean Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Phuket Ocean Hotel Karon
- Best Western Karon
- Karon Best Western
- Phuket Best Western
- BEST WESTERN Phuket Ocean Resort Karon