The resort itself was a pleasant surprise. Most reviews stated that it was outdated, but upon arrival one could see that renovations had been done since the Tsunami in 2004. All finishes were modern, clean and an asset to the resort. All 3 pools were immaculate and well run. The room was beautiful, rooms with aircon, a safe inside the cupboard was a nice touch for peace of mind. Rooms were serviced daily, bottles of water was a regular addition, any condiments used were replaced the next morning. The only complaint in this was the nuts eaten were at a cost - which was very expensive compared to purchasing the same packet at the 711 up the road.
The Hotel breakfast was dynamic - such a wide variety of food from cereals, to yoghurts, cold meats and salads, cooked meals (different every morning with some regulars), pastries and toasts, and eggs were done to your request. Waiters walked around refilling your coffee/tea. Plates were removed upon finishing one course.
The hindrance was that the majority of people working there - their understanding of the English language was limited - but one got used to using sign language/key words.
Entertainment during the evenings did take place at the hotel - with Meat/"Braai" at the pool area on 2 occasions. On a few occasions there were people selling their purchases outside the Hotel Restaurant - very good quality - prices very similar to ours in South Africa.
Everyone said that the prices were much cheaper - but we did not find that. Prices are equal if not more expensive to South Africa. What we did find was that the cheaper items were colddrinks, chips, chocolates and fruit outside the hotel.
The Hotel Spa is well worth trying - and although pricey - for spa lovers, an invigorating experience. You have not had a massage until a Thai person has given you one.
We recommend this resort to anyone who wants a break away from the hustle and bustle of city life. The people of Thailand are the hardest working people - who give magnificient service irrespective of the little that they themselves have. Once all renovations have been done in the resort (such as the games room) - it will be a resort worth considering!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western Phuket Ocean Resort is one of the best-valued vacation resorts in Phuket. The resort is situated at Karon beach on the hillside among the coconut groves overlooking Karon beach and Karon lagoon. We offer luxurious accommodations amid a lavish setting. You will truly enjoy seeing the sunset beyond Karon lagoon and walking along the beautiful fine sand beach of Karon beach. Resign yourself to the comfort of an exclusively appointed hillside resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, HostelBookers, Venere and Otel so you can book your BEST WESTERN Phuket Ocean Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Phuket Ocean Hotel Karon
- Best Western Karon
- Karon Best Western
- Phuket Best Western
- BEST WESTERN Phuket Ocean Resort Karon