Quite a nice resort but looks a bit old and dated and in need of considerable maintenance. Our deluxe room was on the 3rd floor and quite a steep hike, around 80 stairs, the 5th floor would be a nightmare climb as the lift is never working despite lots of promises as to its expected reopening date.
Breakfast was usual Thai hotel fare, our room had been recently renovated and was excellent and the overall housekeeping standard was very high with beautiful gardens. The pool water was very warm and appeared a bit murky at times.
Although overlooking the stagnant lagoon and distant beach, the location is not great. We found Karon to be quite dirty and smelly and next time would prefer further south at Kata, a much better location.
There are far better alternatives.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western Phuket Ocean Resort is one of the best-valued vacation resorts in Phuket. The resort is situated at Karon beach on the hillside among the coconut groves overlooking Karon beach and Karon lagoon. We offer luxurious accommodations amid a lavish setting. You will truly enjoy seeing the sunset beyond Karon lagoon and walking along the beautiful fine sand beach of Karon beach. Resign yourself to the comfort of an exclusively appointed hillside resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HostelBookers and Odigeo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Phuket Ocean Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Phuket Ocean Hotel Karon
- Best Western Karon
- Karon Best Western
- Phuket Best Western
- BEST WESTERN Phuket Ocean Resort Karon