“Recommended tailor in Kata” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Monty's Rich Collection Tailor - CLOSED

Monty's Rich Collection Tailor
100/65 Kata Road, Karon | Muang, Phuket, Karon, Phuket Town, Phuket 83100, Thailand
+66 95 076 4010
Website
Improve this listing
Type: Shops, Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in KATA-KARON - next to Honey Resort Kata - opposite Dome Bungalow - Kata. Established in 1987, Monty’s Rich Collection is the first few tailors in Phuket to offer custom-tailored suits and shirts. Our experienced and knowledgeable tailors are meticulous in their workmanship and quality control. Soon, good suits and shirts became the trademark of the Monty’s Rich Collection. Visit us, let us know what you are looking for, we will match your needs, both the quality and your budget.
Perth, Australia
“Recommended tailor in Kata”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

My friend's parents recommended me to Monty's Rich. I called Monty for directions but he offered to pick me up from the hotel. The shop looked very nice and modern. Monty showed me many kinds of fabric at different price levels. I chose the top quality as it is still much cheaper than if I bought off the rack back home. The details inside of the jacket is amazing. The fitting went well, no alteration at all. Then he had the suit delivered after 2 days. Strongly recommended.

Visited May 2013
MontysRIch, Owner at Monty's Rich Collection Tailor, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Thankyou very much for your wonderful review. It was a pleasure meeting you and to have served you. Reviews like these keep us working harder and continue searching for places where we can still improve. Thankyou so much and looking forward to seeing you again.

Brisbane, Australia
“Best Tailor in Kata”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Got a reminder mail from Monty to share my experience at the store. But I have waited to use the clothes also. We visited Monty's Rich Collection in Jan 2013 and ordered many things.
I got 2 suits, 8 shirts, a blazer for myself. My wife got 2 summer dresses and a long party dress. My daughter 1 dress and my son 1 suit with a vest and a shirt. Everything looked very good. We didnt have to go many times to the store. From my friends' experience at other store in Phuket, they had to go almost everyday to adjust the clothes until they were ready. We bought, 2 fittings, and the final pick up. Everything went so smooth and we had a very good experience at the store. Now we all are enjoying the clothes after having used them too. My friends at work says that the clothes we bought looks even better than what they have bought in Thailand. SO Mr Monty, I asked you if you were the best tailor in Kata - Karon and you said I will have to answer that for you. Here is an excellent review for you. Don't forget to contact me when you are on business trip to Australia. Cheers.

Visited January 2013
MontysRIch, Manager at Monty's Rich Collection Tailor, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thankyou very much for your time for this wonderful review. It was great serving you and looking forward to seeing you again.
Sydney, Australia
“Recommended tailor in Kata”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I was walking around in Kata and there were so many tailors. Could not understand where to go. I went to several shops too but couldn't decide. Most of them were very very pushy. Before leaving their shops to make sure that I came back, the punchline would be 'promise me you would come back mate!' I just kept on saying maybe and that I still had to look around...So I decided to check online. I found Monty's Rich Collection and I am glad I did. Just standing outside the store, I could already tell that it's here where I can get quality work.
I got my father's shirt and my brother's suit to be copied. Monty took time and showed me different fabric and different prices. I told Monty that I don't wear suits and only wanted to order a suit and 2 shirts for my father and brother. That was the only time Monty asked if I was sure that I didn't want to order for myself. I said no thankyou. That's it. He never tried to talk me into buying or push me to buy. When I got back, my mother being a tailor herself checked the clothes. She was surprised with the work and the small details on the jacket. She even cut open a little from inside to see how the padding of the jacket was and she just said excellent. And so as we all know, when mom says 'excellent', we need not ask anything more.

Visited February 2013
MontysRIch, Manager at Monty's Rich Collection Tailor, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thankyou very much for the wonderful review. We appreciate your time. Looking forward to seeing you again.
Perth, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Best tailor in Kata”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have been visiting Monty at his shop in Phuket everytime I am in Thailand. He always keep uop the good work and quality. He has been visiting me at my office here and my frioends have bee buying from him. Always happy and I really really recommend him if you are looking for quality suits.

Visited January 2013
MontysRIch, Owner at Monty's Rich Collection Tailor, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Hello and thankyou very much for your time in writing this wonderful review sharing your experience at our store and our work. We really appreciate it. Looking forward to seeing you again. Regards,
Bunbury, Australia
“A great tailor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Firstly thanks to Monty and his staff for the excellent service and quality of their services. Both my wife and myself had suits and shirts made at Monty's. The range of styles and materials was excellent. They are very friendly and personable, and exceptionaly professional, and actually listen to your opinions and offer professional views to explain the consequences of your decisions. The cost was more than reasonable and the shop itself was a standout among most tailors we looked at. The workmanship was excellent. I will certainly be referring my friends to Monty's.

Visited May 2013
It was really great seeing you at our store too. Looking forward to seeing you again.