My grown family of 5 adults had the misfortune to stay at the Karon Dewa. The reason we chose this hotel was because we had stayed at the Dewa Nai Yang previously and had a fabulous accommodation, service and food.
This experience was the polar opposite! The room we had booked - a two bedroom family suite, with large lounge,dining and 2 large bathrooms was not what we got. we were deposited into the smallest 2 bedder I have had the misfortune to be accommodated in. One shower door would not even open out far enough for the men to be able to get in! I asked the following morning where was the room I had booked only to be told that room was only for display!
It went downhill from there. Some 20 sun lounges, of which approx 14 were located on a rooftop, and the other 6 by the pool, were inadequate for the number of rooms which I would guess to be around 40ish. The building of furniture - hammering, spray painting directly below our verandah meant some days we could not utilize the largest space this unit had to offer, because of the fumes and continuous noise
Housekeeping were dreadful, never replenishing tea,coffee,sugar or water unless asked. I had to ask for toilet paper and Also for them to locate my laundry. The only pleasant staff were the taxi drivers!!
I could go on and on and nit pick but I think you get the picture.
When we checked out after our 7 day stay, not one person on the front desk asked if we had enjoyed our stay....very happy to take our money though.
As a very frequent traveller to Thailand and having stayed at and reviewed many fantastic hotels all i can say is "Sorry Dewa, you have failed miserably on this venture. Karon Dewa is certainly the poor cousin in the Dewa chain. We will not be returning".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 'Phunawa All Suites Resort' is your best choice for deluxe accommodation with space and comfort at Karon Beach for the simple reason that 'ALL' our rooms are 'SUITES' built in a tranquil environment with a huge pool. Every suite guarantees lots of space, excellent comfort and elegance through luxurious and timeless design using tropical hard-wood. 'Your' resort is just a few minutes by foot from famous Karon Beach and is truly a perfect place for all sun-seekers, couples, families, honeymooners and also romantic couples who expect privacy, luxury and pampering! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Phunawa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dewa Karon Beach Phuket Hotel Karon
- Phunawa Resort Phuket/Karon