“PADI rescue diver certification” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Sharkey Scuba is a 100% legal PADI dive center in Karon, Phuket. We are complete diving fanatics as our guests will testify! Started in 2002, the owners, Oui and Iain alone, have been teaching and guiding in Phuket for over 20 years between us. We were the first company in Phuket to exclusively offer private scuba diving courses from complete beginner to professional level. We also arrange day trips and Thailand liveaboards. Every guest is very important to us which is why we offer a highly personalised service including hotel visits and after dive events. Wherever you are staying in Phuket we can help with free transfers for dive trips from all of the following towns: Karon, Patong, Kata, Kamala and Chalong. Dive courses, day trips, Similans liveaboards - just ask and we will help.
Singapore, Singapore
“PADI rescue diver certification”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

I just did my PADI rescue diver certification in Phuket with Sharky Scuba. Oui and Iain run their family business very professional and put serious efforts into their trainings and made sure that we learned a lot and having fun at the same time. Awesome service and hospitality, i'd like to highly recommend sharkey scuba to anyone who want to Learn from the best and is seriously interested in learning how to dive.

Visited March 2014
Kanniga P, Owner at Sharkey Scuba, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review. The Rescue Diver course is a very important step in continuing your dive experiences and probably the most challenging of courses. We are glad that you not only took the course very seriously but also managed to have fun in the process. Iain and I also had a lot of fun teaching you plus we made another new friend. We look forward to your next visit to Phuket:).

• Finnish first
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Opportunity of a lifetime!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

I took the introductory dive trip with sharkey scuba this past Sunday. Before going I knew nothing about diving. Oui was a great teacher and made me feel very safe throughout the whole experience. She is very enthusiastic and made my first diving experience one to remember. Highly recommend!!!

Visited April 2014
Kanniga P, Owner at Sharkey Scuba, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you so much for you lovely review. Once again I feel very privileged to have been given the opportunity to be the first to show someone our beautiful underwater world. We are so glad that you enjoyed your experience so much and hope that you get the opportunity to explore even more in the future. Do keep in touch and come visit us again soon:).
Melbourne, Australia
“Completed my PADI Rescue Diver course with Sharky”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I've just finished my PADI rescue diver certification in Phuket over a long weekend with Sharky Scuba. Both Iain and Oui we're really knowledgeable, thorough and friendly. With their 20+ years of diving experience they had all the answers and shared many relevant stories and experiences.

Both Oui and Iain really helped us and made the trip very relaxing, everything was well prepared, all plans well communicated and there was never any "wondering what was going to happen next.."
They even gave me and my friends Hotel recommendations and where the best places to eat in the area.

Their service was second to none and I would highly recommend them for someone who takes their diving seriously and wants to become a truly great diver.

Visited April 2014
Kanniga P, Owner at Sharkey Scuba, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It was a pleasure for Iain and I to meet and dive with you. The Rescue Diver course was a lot of fun and you handled the challenges very well. Singapore is very close by so we look forward to seeing you on a return visit very soon:).
Chicago, Illinois
7 attraction reviews
“Sharkey's makes diving in Phuket great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

If you are looking for good diving then Phuket is the place. If you are looking for great dive masters then Sharkey's is your place. I arrived in Phuket with a group of six but only I went diving with Oui, had such a good time that my whole group went for a snorkel trip two days later. Such great attention and a true love of diving and the water are what make Iain and Oui the only place you should consider. Thanks to Oui and Iain for making us feel like family.

Visited March 2014
Kanniga P, Owner at Sharkey Scuba, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It was really great to meet you and your friends/family. We are very glad you enjoyed both your dives and speedboat charter for the snorkelling trip. Iain and I certainly feel like we have more "extended family members" and look forward to seeing you all again sometime in the future:).
Leudelange, Luxembourg
“Great instructors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

We have been with our two boys (now 12 and 17) at Sharkey Scuba for them to get there scuba licences and it has been a great experience for both of them. Oui and Iain are very supportive and instructive, making the experience enjoyable for all involved. We made quite a bit of changes in the planning, and Oui and Iain were very accommodating and flexible.

Visited December 2013
Kanniga P, Owner at Sharkey Scuba, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely review. We love diving with families and feel very honoured that you not only chose and trusted us initially to take your family diving but have returned on several occasions for even more underwater experiences. We look forward to your next visit and hope it will be very soon:).