We stayed here for 2 nights during our 6-week trip around SE Asia. After the 2 night stay, we loved it so much that we stayed for another 2 nights. A few weeks after this stay, we had some extra time in our travel schedule, so we elected to come back here and stay for 5 more nights.
There's so much to say about this hotel:
- The staff are very friendly and helpful.
- The rooftop pool is relaxing and the view is great. They keep the pool at a perfect temperature, not too cold, not too hot. (Beach towels are provided)
- Happy hour at the rooftop pool. Buy 1 get 2, most mixed drinks are around $2.50 each during this promotion.
- Free wifi (some rooms you can't get access inside, but the computers in the lobby are usually available and fast)
- Breakfast is pretty good. There's a variety of foods (eggs and sausage for Westerners, salad and noodle/rice dishes for Asians, and lots of fresh fruits and pastries) and the coffee is pretty decent too.
- Massage parlor down the street. They knew us by name after our stay there and welcomed us back when we returned the 2nd time.
- Beach is literally a stone's throw away. Just have to cross a road, but its not terribly busy.
- Fitness center with great views of the sea. Treadmills, bikes, cross-trainers, and free weights.
- Lots of cheap shopping and restaurants nearby within easy walking distance.
Karon Beach is the ideal location for someone interested in enjoying the sun, beach, and some shopping (couples and families). If you are into the partying/clubbing scene, you might be better served to stay somewhere in Pattong Beach. There is much more nightlife there.
The rooms are clean and very modern. Free bottles of water every day and a pretty good minibar. Staying at Baumancasa was truly the highlight of our trip and we will not hesitate to tell everyone we know who is visiting Phuket to make sure to stop by here.
During the off-season, use booking.com for reservations. We spent B999 a night vs B1199 at the desk...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.