“Perfect base” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Manohra Cozy Resort

Save Saved
You added Manohra Cozy Resort to your Saves list
Manohra Cozy Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Soi Patak 16, Karon, Phuket Town, Phuket 83100, Thailand (Formerly Karon Hillside Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Contact us for a 10% off!
Ranked #6 of 73 hotels in Karon
Coventry
“Perfect base”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife , young son and I stayed at Manohra Cozy Resort for 11 nights in March and would not hesitate to stay there again. Aside from a mix up over our deluxe room booking which was sorted out quickly and with very good customer service, the stay was absolutely perfect.

The rooms were large and very well equipped, even the Superior Room that we had for the first 5 nights was enormous and very comfortable with a huge bed.

The hotel is at the top of the road leading down to the beach front. We walked comfortably in about 15 minutes there 20 minutes back and consequently saw pretty much everything in Karon, including the little shop front that sells a massive bag of iced coffee for about 50p. We used a lot of restaurants, some more than once but our favourite was the family restaurant next to the drive up to the hotel, fantastic food, authentic atmosphere and ridiculously cheap.

The staff were brilliant, from the young lad in the bar to the cleaner who doubles as a masseuse. Also the house driver is such a friendly chap, we arranged a day to see the Gibbon Rescue Centre, Big Buddha, and Eat Chalong... Great value.

The pool area was great, though could use some more anti-slip material around the pool itself. The food at the hotel was excellent, both Italian and Thai. And they were happy to make toast and jam for my little chap in the afternoon.

Sorry for waffling on but this hotel and resort were perfect.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

112 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Very happy with budget resort. Lovely pool and staff. 10 min walk to beach.
Everything you need at hotel. Great cheap eats out the front. Room cleaned daily Air con. We got extra bed for only $10 per night. Perfect budget resort.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

During a week's stay the staff were excellent. From arranging a variety of excellent tours at drastic discounts to the lovely receptionist getting up at 5:30 am to drive me to the airport when the driver I'd arranged didn't show - I cannot express how wonderful my stay was. There was no pressure for anything but honest evaluations and recommendations along with the every present welcoming smiles.
My room was spacious, much larger than expected, and quite comfortable. The pool was clean and refreshing, the restaurant (with free room service) was quite lovely as well. Breakfasts were expansive and filling. Motorbikes are available for rent although I chose tuk tuks - and they called them for me whenever needed. While there were a variety of fellow guests it never felt crowded - a lovely balance between the number of rooms and open space.
I've never experienced such a welcoming and peaceful hotel - the staff had an incredible impact on my whole trip. I'm already planning my next visit.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Another one from the not so indian (NSI) traveller. Manohra cozy is a small resort with just the right amount of everything. Right attitude to guests, warm yet not over sugar coated behaviour. Just the right amount of amenities pool, restaurant and beautiful rooms. They also give you the option to check out the room yet use their toilets for shower etc after you are back from beach on day of leaving. Very budget friendly and comfortable.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Vicenza, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This is the second time i stayed in this place and..Wow that's amazing!!!! I got a direct reservation through tripadvisor and i got 10% off too!!!
Quality/price ratio deserve 10/5 stars.
Services provided deserve the same ratio!
The owners are already present to help their guest for any need.
Dario and Mattia are great! Also this time they suggested me the best way to enjoy my holiday at best!!!!!!
Thank you guys!
I suggest everybody to stay in this place!

• Stayed July 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Got here today and still a bit overwhelmed by it!
We got a taxi which was managed by the hotel. On our way from the airport I've only seen some sort of industrial road and places that didn't look very welcoming. So, when we made the turn to the resort's driveway I didn't have a very good feeling because of the environment. But then we got into the hotel... :O

Our suitcases were practically pulled out of our hands! So helpfull. The lady behind the desk was very kind and asked immediately if we would like to have some information about things to do, trips to do, but not in the way we're used of the hotel managers in Thailand at all! Not so... Let's say, aggressive! She gave us the feeling we also had the option to say no, if you catch my drift.

We were extremely lucky to have booked very late, because it ment that we were replaced in one of the deluxe rooms for the first night because the other rooms were full. And what a luxury it is! :D Our own bath, big flatscreen, DVD player, room right next to the pool (which was very clean opposite to the ones we've seen before) and personnel which is willing to help you in every way. Nice touch; as we haven't planned anything in our holiday, we asked if we could stay another few days if we liked it. No problem at all and we even managed a good deal for the coming days, so, negotiations are allowed! :D

Directly after checking in, went to the restaurant which is besides the pool with a very typical view over the lagoon. We were served in a very nice way, but at first, the prices seemed pretty high for Thai standards! But when we got our plates... I got it! Totally worth every penny! Good full plates, and with French fries included! :P and we got a knife too! (Seems to be unusual in Thailand). Oh, and before I forget, you can order anything from the menu and get it delivered to your room for free! ;)

After we we were finished, sat ourselves down next to the pool for some swimming and relaxation. Ordered cocktails which are brought to you! (Usually you have to come and pick it up for the price we are staying here right now). You can pay the tab at the front desk whenever you want to. So, never got this much service for this price! Cocktails are very good and they have a good choice.

We don't know about the breakfast yet, but, undoubtedly, that won't be a problem at all...

Also LOVED the comments from the management on the bad reviews! ;) 2 guys with a lot of humour I presume? Hope to meet them one of these days...

Also, renting a motorbike was no problem at all... Enough choice, for a very good price! Eventhough it isn't there core business...

There are some things I would like to inform the management about though:
- I would consider putting a blanket in every room. (You are offered one when you check in, so that's no serious issue, but still)
- there are no 'big bikes' to rent here, which I find a pity! A lot of travellers I spoke with on our journey really miss that in hotels around Thailand!
- the hallway looks a bit 'messy' in it's setup. It's all clean, everything is where it should be, but when you get there, you don't instantly see what is what. A bit confusing if I may...

There are more things which I have an opinion about, but hey, this isn't the Hilton Arcadia, right? ;) like I said, the best value for money I ever came across so far!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Barletta, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The best value for money i've ever found. I book a superior room, very big and clean, great bathroom. The buffet breakfast is various and it served homemade bread and cookies. The swimming pool terrace is amazing.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Manohra Cozy Resort? Share your experiences!