“Fantastic experience as a first time beginner” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 27 Activities in Karon
5.0 of 5 stars 82 Reviews
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Located directly on Karon Beach Road, as part of Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa complex. If you walk along the Beach Road, you will definitely find us with Thavorn Palm Beach Resort and Andaman Seaview on one side of us, and Woraburi Resort/ Movenpick on the other.Big Sub Aqua Dive Center logo!
“Fantastic experience as a first time beginner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

It was my first time ever to go scuba diving and I'm glad I went with Sub Aqua. We went into the shop right before closing hour and booked a last minute course for the next day, but Kerry the shop manager was very patient with us. From wet suit fitting to logistic arrangement, she makes you feel like everything is being taken care of in a very professional way, and at the same time, you also feel like she treats you as a friend and not just a customer. When we asked her for restaurants recommendation nearby, not only did she tell us the names & location, she actually dropped us off on her way because she didn't want us to waste 200 THB on a 5 minutes tuk-tuk ride.

Marc, our diving instructor, is also very kind and professional in his instruction. We didn't know a thing about diving and he was very patient to explain everything from the physiology background, basic physics about diving, to all the essential techniques. And he explained everything in a way that even a first-timer like me could understand easily. He's really knowledgeable about every aspect of diving and passionate at what he does. Being a first-time beginner, sometimes I'd ask the same question twice because I was nervous, but Marc always remained friendly and patient with me. Because of his instruction and care, I felt very safe under the water despite my inexperience. I'd recommend Sub Aqua to anyone.

The only thing I wish could be different is to have an option to have 3 dives in one day for the 'Discover Scuba Diving' course. I guess next time I just have to take the complete 'Open Water Dive' course.

Visited November 2012

Loomis, California
“Sub Aqua was great in every way.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I had such a great time on the 3 tank dive with Jonathon from Sub Aqua. He had everything to do with the dives being safe, successful, and really exciting. The sea life and habitat I witnessed was fantastic. Jonathon knew just how to adjust our dive for the conditions for us to see as much as possible. His experience is priceless! Though I consider myself an advanced diver, he is by far the expert. His attention to my safety and well being was done in such a professional manner that I felt very secure and confident. I share his respect for the ocean and all that's in it. There were more than 50 divers on the biggest dive boat that I've ever been on, and among the 10 or more divemasters, I felt like I had the best divemaster on the boat.

Thanks to all of those at Sub Aqua for helping me to get 3 fantastic dives during my stay in Phuket. Thank you Kerry for researching weather conditions and making all the arangements needed to have a great time, including arranging to have Jonathon as my divemaster.

I had 3 great dives in Phuket because I chose Sub Aqua. I suggest you do the same!

Visited September 2012
London
4 attraction reviews
“100% professional + 100% friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Sometimes you fall upon a bad dive centre, mostly they are good, and occasionally they are great. This one is clearly in the great category. Kerry is a really friendly and professional manager that keeps equipment in top condition and appears always happy to go that extra inch to find solutions.

Its next door to the hilton hotel on Karon beach road, and you won't regret it. We did 13 gives with them.

PS: can also recommend two of their guides - Jonathan who is awesome and a walking encyclopedia of the local sea life, and Karsten who is great and very attentive to each divers individual needs.

San Marcos, Texas
3 attraction reviews
“Oh what was- the dream that came true”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I just finished giving a scathing review of Sunrise Divers in Phuket Thailand, and would now like to praise the Sub Aqua Dive Center. They were the total opposite of Sunrise. Professional, informative and though they were pennies more than the competition, they provided the extras that count the most. I booked 4 straight days in advance because of the reception I received and the confidence I felt in acting manager Mark Partiti. All dive trips in Phuket are organized by boat owners and/or tour operators and provide dive leaders for what could be more than 50 divers, divided into relatively small groups. Neither Sunrise nor Sub Aqua are operators, but Sub Aqua provides customers with their own dive masters/instructors (either direct employee or retained professional) so you know who you will diving with before you even go. Mark guided me the second two days while Jonathan Winter was with me the first two. Thank you all for making the dream trip come true.

Visited September 2012
Izegem, Belgium
“diving whit sub Aqua”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

for the second year in a row i have being diving whit this dive center and as for all my expierence whit them i can only thank kerry and marc how are staff members and for adem reed how is in the low sezon a freelance divemaster . i first met marc a couple of years ago when hy was working for eden divers. i have done my owd and aowd whit him and i was keen to dive whit him again. after i contacted him i was told hy was working now for sub aqua . i have to tell you that i was very happy to discover that the shop was very nice and that kerry is also a wonderful person so i was already at ease . every request i have they do everything possible to arrange it, for example i wicht the morning before i went on a live-a-board to buy a top instead of a shorty wetsuit but whit long sleave. kerry took my in her car to find one and after 3 attemps in big suppliers shops she took my to a custom makershop how had fortnetly 1. i'am pretty sure that a lot of outhers should not do so muths affort to make a customer happy.
also when i still on a boat after a day trip and i want to go diving again the next day i just have to say it to marc or kerry or adem and they make sure that the next day i'm back on a boat whit marc or adem. so next time i'm back in phuket they may bee sure i will stop over at karon beach to arrange my next diving whit them . thank you all for all these great memmeries i have of you .

Visited July 2012