We booked this hotel because of it beach location and good amenities. Other reviewers had commented on a poor check in but we had no problem with this. The receptionists English was a little broken but we were well able to understand.
We had a lovely room - ocean view with a jacuuzi on the balcony. The bed was huge because they had joined 2 single beds together (not v romantic ha ha ) so they had to use 2 double duvets to cover it.
Breakfast was great - a huge variety for every nationality. There were lots of pool areas with plenty of beds however with the layout of the resort and beds few beds naturally have the sun throughout the day. There were quite a lot of small children there but not enough to bother us. There's also an adult pool for those that don't want the noise of children around them. There was a good variety of snacks on the poolside menu but, as expected with a large resort, it is quite pricey in comparison to the town.
We ate in the Italian restaurant which was fab and also had the seafood buffet as part of our package which was also great. The only gripe I would have is that there is little or no options for food between 4.30-6pm even though many of the menus suggest that the restaurants/bars are actually open. We tried on a few different occasions to get some food at this time and were told that the kitchen was closed.
One thing that was disappointing, which has nothing to do with the hotel, is the new government laws banning sun beds on the beach. The hotel has made a good effort to provide extra beds behind the beach but ts not the same. Its such a shame the rules are so strict as its a gorgeous beach.
The staff at the hotel are very helpful and always greeted us warmly.
We took 2 trips - the John Gray afternoon/evening canoe trip and the Fantasea show. The John Gray trip is well worth the money. If going to the Fantasea show go on the late bus unless you are intending to eat at the buffet as there is not a whole lot to do there.
Karon town offers everything a small Thai town needs. Some lively night entertainment, pop-up bars, lovely restaurants and little market shops. The main market is only on Tuesday and saturday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket is a modern five-star luxury resort built directly on the foreshores of Karon Beach. Designed with distinct Phuket colonial Sino-Portuguese architecture, the luxury accommodation comprises of 262 guestrooms and villas. All guestrooms have a balcony and are ocean facing. Room types consist of spa suites, pool suites, deluxe suites and one and two bedroom villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Fastbooking, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Karon