We have just returned from this resort after an 8 day stay. Our overall impression is that its a great place for families.
SERVICE: The staff were fantastic, very friendly, had no problems with any of them, they were always very polite, helpful and generally couldn't do enough for us. Inparticular the lifeguards around the pools. They were brilliant with the kids even getting to know their names and having fun with them. (Special mention to "NUT" who our kids absolutely adored)
VALUE: You get what you pay for. We had a oceanview deluxe room. It may not have been a big room but it catered for the 4 of us. (2 x adults, kids 10 and 8) We knew there was going to be 2 x double beds which was adequate. We had a great view of the beach and also the pools.
FOOD: Being very cautious we ate at the Resort most of the time and found the food to be of a good standard. The kids loved the buffet breakfasts especially the pancakes. There was a big variety of food. We definately didn't find it to be crowded and the standard was good and was catered for everyone. We also didn't find the prices expensive considering we were in a resort.
POOLS: Amazing!!!! The cliff jumping and water slides were a massive hit with our kids and very well supervised by the lifeguards. All other pools were exceptionally cleaned (we know this as we saw them being cleaned every morning!!!) We didnt find at anytime that these were crowded.
LOCATION: Very quiet location especially if you are a family with young kids. This is the main reason why we chose this resort as we didn't want to be in the hussle and bussle of Patong. Access to the beach was excellent, although be aware of the rips when swimming in the sea. We found the beach to be very clean and a good spot to relax.
SERVICES: We used the Tour Desk to arrange for a car to go places and found them to be very reasonably priced and very very helpful. We found them no more expensive than a Tuk Tuk. We were offered a car and driver for 6 hours to take us around to a number of places around the island for a cost of 2200 baht. This was an excellent way to visit sites at a very reasonable price. We would highly recomment this service as we got to choose where and when we went and the driver was very friendly.
OVERALL: Great value for a family considering we were in a resort with lots of facilities. Probably the only let down was there was no laundry facilities, we paid $25 Australian dollars for 9 pieces of underwear which we thought was a bit extravagent. Be very aware of the slippery tiles around the resort when wet, but there was always a cleaner around doing there best to keep these tiles dry. We found there were always signs advising people that the tiles were wet.
Some of the comments on this site seem to us to be very harsh. We did not encounter alot of the issues that recent posts. We were very very religious on hygiene with even taking probiotic tablets prior to leaving and where ever we ate in the resort there was always a big container of hand sanitizer provided by the resort with signs asking everyone to use on their way in and way out. We noticed a lot of people didn't use these. Bottle water was restocked in our room everyday but we also purchased 12 x 600ml bottles from a shop for a total of $4 Australian.
If we decide to go back to Phuket we will definately come back here. Thanks for a great stay.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Hotel
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Karon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket is a modern five-star luxury resort built directly on the foreshores of Karon Beach. Designed with distinct Phuket colonial Sino-Portuguese architecture, the luxury accommodation comprises of 262 guestrooms and villas. All guestrooms have a balcony and are ocean facing. Room types consist of spa suites, pool suites, deluxe suites and one and two bedroom villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Fastbooking, Priceline, Expedia, Otel and Venere so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.