We are currently staying at this resort so thought I would post my impressions whilst still here. Is this 5 star in sense of what we think 5 star is. No but it is a solid 3 and could easily be a 4 with some fine tuning. The family pool area is lovely but like most public areas here need some serious upkeep now before they are beyond repair. All the public paths and bridges are dangerously slippery when wet I can imagine some people get injured. We constantly hold our boys hand as it is that easy to slip. I can see a permanent solution would be expensive but they could start with at least some sort of grip on the bridges particularly the one leading to the amazing slides and jump area where I have seen many kids fall. It is low season but we are paying guests too and I get frustrated when the lazy river is turned off for most of the day and they only have 6 tubes to share amongst many guests. Pool service where is it how does it work. Again I am sure they have god high season practices but seems inconsistent in low season. Pool bar is manned but I went to get a drink and the guy was picking his nose for all to see. The greenery around the pools is gorgeous but as a parent they need to chop some back so we can see into the pools otherwise we have found unless you get prime seating you need to be in the pool to see. I know the beach is public but the resort seems to be shrouding the pool area from beach so feels disconnected. Adult pool is elevated and greenery clear and has stunning views over ocean. Kids club is great with lovely ladies just needs a couple of extras like a high lock on door so parents wait outside and kids cannot open door themselves as it is right next to pool. Also please management provide a platter of fruit for morning and afternoon tea. This is only resort I have seen that does not do this for kids. As we cannot send morning tea with our child due to fear of allergies to others they either starve or need to get picked up 2 hourly for a top up feed. This would allow a weary mum to get a long spa treatment without worry or some r&r by the pool. That way parents could have a decent morning or afternoon session as you must pick up for lunch. The movie nights are a great idea. The rooms are lovely and I see lots shut up for renovation already... Please traveller request high floor if you do not have a plunge pool as first night we were directly above a family rightly so having a lovely late night dip but with noise level they may as well been in our bedroom - yes noise travels up. We promptly asked to be moved and were after a bit of run around. The corner rooms I think would be worth the extra but despite seeing lots of empty ones we were told not available even though I offered to pay. Aprt from block 1 ( right next to reception)!most blocks would be fine location.Yes food it is expensive but is also nice and I could see in high season with all doors open and outdoor seating available it would be lovely. We three are laid up in bed with gastro ( not hotels fault) assumption being that bug going around. I called house keeping and straight away room was cleaned lots of fresh towels and offer to see the nurse. Well done... So my review is less for the traveller and more for management please value your low season guests make some small changes they would make the difference. Life guards and kids club ladies you do a wonderful job keep it up. Two final points that would help a lot there should be constant FREE shuttle into karon it is ridiculous to pay and wait for taxi to take us 5 minutes up the road and the spa should have low season specials that you can see at other resorts in area buy one get one free. Better to have busy spa than guests leaving to seek out treatments elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket is a modern five-star luxury resort built directly on the foreshores of Karon Beach. Designed with distinct Phuket colonial Sino-Portuguese architecture, the luxury accommodation comprises of 262 guestrooms and villas. All guestrooms have a balcony and are ocean facing. Room types consist of spa suites, pool suites, deluxe suites and one and two bedroom villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Fastbooking, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Karon