We were very much looking forward to our holiday at Centara Grand and were very much disappointed.
We checked in late, 11pm, 19/4 for 8 days only to be told the room we were booked in had air con problems so we were being upgraded for the night. We were advised to have breakfast and come back in the morning for our room and the air con would be fixed. We did just this only to be advised our room wasnt ready - the previous people hadnt checked out - but werent we told it was because of air con problems not overbooking? Advised to come back in 2 hours and our room would be ready. Did just this again and still no room. We told then the staff we wanted to either be kept in the upgraded room or moved immediately as we were wasting our first day of holiday waiting for them to get organised. They advised they were sorry but there were no rooms available. Advised again to come back in another two hours for our room. Finally about 3pm on our 1st day we were moved to our new room - dirty shower (mould in the seals), sun blind didnt work and the room door had to be forced shut. We decided to stay to get on with our holiday - we had already wasted a day on this hotel. We went out the next day to return to find the door wide open after housekeeping had been through. The sun blinds also wouldnt work and being backed onto the lazy river this gave us no privacy whatsoever. Again complained again moved to a 3rd room. 3 rooms in less than 48hrs in this hotel!! Third room has all the same problems. Mould in the shower seals, bathroom doors dont close properly, toilet door doesnt open without shoving your shoulder into it, not to mention the toilet having to be unblocked 3 times! Every day housekeeping came through and every day we didnt have enough towels left for the 4 of us. We complained to the "Manager" (I'm not convinced she was) only to be told they are fully booked and there was nothing they could do.
I cant believe we paid over USD $300 a night to stay here. Its robbery at its best.
The pools for the kids were fantastic, especially Yu who made my son feel right at home. That was where the positives ended. Room service was over priced and the breakfast buffet was always over full and waiting for a table. Staff speak apologies but you dont feel them. Housekeeping was inconsistent at best and downright lazy at worst. Free tea and coffee means waiting 30 minutes for room service to bring milk - which one day fed two coffees and on other days not even one. We booked a deluxe Ocean view room. It was not deluxe and the only ocean view we had was on the postcard in the guest services folder. The pool in our room was not check once for water quality or cleaned. I did see the lazy river being cleaned once - in 8 days.
This is not a 5 star resort. Probably 3 star at best. When we were checking out there were several others checking out at the same time with the same complaints. They either need to drop their prices dramatically or improve their facilities dramatically. For USD $300 a night this hotel is a disgrace.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket is a modern five-star luxury resort built directly on the foreshores of Karon Beach. Designed with distinct Phuket colonial Sino-Portuguese architecture, the luxury accommodation comprises of 262 guestrooms and villas. All guestrooms have a balcony and are ocean facing. Room types consist of spa suites, pool suites, deluxe suites and one and two bedroom villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Fastbooking, Priceline, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Karon