This is our 3rd stay at Centara Grand on the beach in 3 years, what more can we say! We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children ages 5 & 7. This hotel is perfect!
First of all our praises to the amazing staff here to name but a few Opas, Roong, Cruz all the kids club staff just too many to mention. They can not do enough for you, we had a slight problem this year for 24 hours due to a main water pipe supply to the hotel causing hot water not to work, the staff could not be more apologetic even though it was not their fault, we were invited to use the beautiful spa facilities that evening including the steam room and sauna followed by invitation to a complimentary meal at the cove, how fantastic! Also we were sent gifts of fruit to the point of us having to say thank you but we can eat no more :)) and a complimentary bottle of champagne upon arrival!
The room - one word WOW
The food - AMAZING
The pool facilities- the best ever lazy river, slides, children's pool and the life guards are totally on the ball which is a great thing to see as not many hotels have life guards who pay much attention!
Kids club - I have to say I have always been a little wary of putting my children in a club but my girls never want to come out of there as they have so many great activities going on and the staff are amazing! My girls would go home looking whiter than when they arrived if I didn't bring them out!
Since our last stay here in April 2012 they have built a new restaurant outside on the beach which is truly beautiful, to sit and eat and drink whilst hearing the waves break and watching the sun go down, no words to describe just wow!
You can get a taxi or tuk tuk into Patong or Karon and do some shopping but beware you MUST haggle as they will start extremely high so you must go in extremely low but you get the hang of it :) eg Lacoste short sleeve shirts they will say 1000baht pay no more than 250baht. We did lots of shopping and its fun to have a giggle with them too :) don't be intimidated.
Well I will end my review by saying my family and I have already rebooked for next year and our thanks to all the staff especially Opas, Roong, Cruz and all at kids club :) Everyone here has made our last 3 holidays the best and we look forward to next year!
See you soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket is a modern five-star luxury resort built directly on the foreshores of Karon Beach. Designed with distinct Phuket colonial Sino-Portuguese architecture, the luxury accommodation comprises of 262 guestrooms and villas. All guestrooms have a balcony and are ocean facing. Room types consist of spa suites, pool suites, deluxe suites and one and two bedroom villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Fastbooking, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Karon