Location and area: An hour's drive from the airport, the hotel is conveniently located at Karon beach. The hotel has its own private beach and own sun beds with swimming areas marker buoyed.
There are plenty of cheap restaurants and good selection of bars in Karon beach town around 20 mins walk from the hotel along the beach. Patong beach about 20 mins by taxi around Thai Baht 400. Local taxis or tuc tucs are easily available.
Overall, this hotel is ideal as a family getaway. It is the house of the popular Italian Restaurant, Mare. The hotel has a good mix of Russians, British, Australians, and a handful of Asians. Busy during the Easter holidays, advance booking is highly recommended.
Check-in smooth and fast. Welcome drink and cold towel provided.
A bit expensive (booked during the Easter holidays), the room overlooking the sea is spacious. It has good sized wardrobes, oversized executive desk, built-in ceiling fan, bed side control panels, and reading lights. No iron and ironing board. Bathroom with single wash-basin, glass en-cased shower room, built-in hair dryer, full length mirror, and functional toiletry shelves. Free toiletries provided and replenished daily. No shaving mirror. It has good cable TV channels. Balcony decked with two sun beds, drying rack, and a jacuzzi. Complimentary fruit bowl and generous bottled waters replenished daily.
Some rooms with infinity pools. Room blocks generally four storey served by large lifts which could easily accommodate any handicapped persons making the hotel handicap and buggy friendly.
Staff, Service centre, and Room service
Dependable, fast, and very good. Staff pleasant, friendly, and consistently polite. Lifeguards friendly and attentive. Spoken English very good.
What we all love ...
For him and her
Facial spa and back massage at The Spa, fitness centre, fresh young coconut juice, and the daily happy hour. Drinks at the Luna Bar better than Beachcomber. Apple Mojito and Margarita, very good.
For the family
Lazy river, diving area, main pool and its pool bar, Mare restaurant (see separate review), and the surf and turf buffet with live entertainment by the beach. Good water sports. Sun beds no problem.
For the children
Mini and large water slides, kids club, children's pool, fish and crunchy chips, lemon iced tea, loads of friendly children from all over the world, and daily children's activities
What we did not like ...
Treated water outlet open to the beach with a lot of standing water, mosquitos and effluent smell uncomfortably close to the beachcomber dining area. This needs to be properly dealt with. The treated water outlet is immediately next to the buoyed swimming area. Clearly a health hazard.
1. Double check bills before signing and ask copies of receipts before final settlement upon check-out.
2. Cheap local shop selling all sorts of children's toys (water guns, floats, beach stuff, etc), mini supermarkets, local exchange and atms available at Karon town, just 20 mins walking distance from the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket is a modern five-star luxury resort built directly on the foreshores of Karon Beach. Designed with distinct Phuket colonial Sino-Portuguese architecture, the luxury accommodation comprises of 262 guestrooms and villas. All guestrooms have a balcony and are ocean facing. Room types consist of spa suites, pool suites, deluxe suites and one and two bedroom villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Fastbooking, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Karon