We had a marvellous 14 days in Oct/Nov. We are a family of four (2 daughters 6&12) and chose a premium spa deluxe room which was absolutely fine for 14 days. We would go back without hesitation.
I suggest every one forget about the 5 star rating. There is no international star rating system which means that any hotel can rate themselves as they want. Four example The Four Seasons Hotels are 5 star hotels and twice the price of this hotel. Is it reasonable to expect the same standard for half the price? No it is not. Star ratings are just not a reliable benchmark, they are a guide, for example this hotel is clearly better than a 3 star if it is rated by the same company.
Our experience was very positive with all the staff being very helpful and when we had some special request for breakfast it was met with great efficiency on more than one occasion.
For a young family the place is terrific, the proximity of the sea is fantastic and the pools, slides and lazy river will keep the kids entertained which is great for the parents.
The restaurant at the end of the beach on the rocks is where we had lunch which was great. Very competent Thai food and staples for the unadventurous kids. It is about 3 minutes away.
We had dinner in Karon and found The Red Onion to have very good Thai food if that is what you like (we do). If you have a craving for steak try a 'Buffalo Steak House' there are quite a few in the chain.
The Tuk Tuk ride into Karon is 200BHT.
Eating in the hotel is good but about double the price.
The spa in the hotel is fabulous, and the massages excellent, but according to my wife not a place to get you nails done. There are lots of places in Karon for that. The massages on the beach are very ordinary but something you have got to do and they are very cheap for an hour.
There is a pipe which delivers run off water from the desalination plant and you can see it if your room is high enough and looking out to see. It is just water so nothing to worry about. Our youngest got a tummy bug but the rest of us did not. It was handled very well by the hotel and the Dr was with us in 2 hours. This is what happens in Asia and was not indicative of any negligence or unhygienic habits. If it was food poisoning or contagious we would all have suffered but we did not.
For external activities: use Phuket Sails Tours for boat trips. They are excellent. It is worth spending a bit extra here as it will really improve the experience. All of you in the family will enjoy a day at the Water Slide Park. We would have gone twice but left it too late in our trip to repeat.
This is a very good hotel and it is exactly how it looks in the pictures. It is really a family hotel and fulfills on all levels for this. I would not go as a couple wanting a quiet romantic time.
Finally I cannot thank Opas Damrongkul enough, he was fantastically helpful and his attention and kindness definitely enhanced our stay.
We would go back in a blink of an eye.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Hotel
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Karon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket is a newly-built five-star luxury resort property directly on the foreshores of Karon Beach. Designed with distinct Phuket colonial Sino-Portuguese architecture, the luxury accommodation comprises of 262 guestrooms and villas. All guestrooms have a balcony with sea view, and the Deluxe Spa rooms have jacuzzis on the balconies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Fastbooking, AsiaRooms, Agoda, Venere, Otel, EasyToBook, Olotels, Priceline, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.