We stayed at the centara grand for 9 nights on our honeymoon from the 17th January and had a wonderful time.
After a hectic couple of days in Bangkok, we were very much looking forward to some chill out time in Phuket.
We arrived late in the evening so the reception was a little quieter, with only one person on the desk, however, we were dealt with straight away, and whilst checking in was bought over a fruit cocktail from the bar which was a nice touch, Lydia, who checked us in, then personally escorted us to our room, answering all out questions along the way which I was impressed by as a personal touch.
We stayed in a deluxe spa room, which we could not fault at all, loads of room, and the view was stunning! The spa outside was fab, I was worried about the complaints of yellow water, and I'm happy to say ours was fine, there is a slight tint, but it's certainly not 'dirty' or disgusting as some reviews have stated!
The hotel size surprised me the most, people say it's really big, we didn't find this at all, we went for a walk when we got there, and found everything really easily an quickly and the following day, knew every part of the hotel.
We loved the pools, equally enjoyed the slides and swim up bar and also the quiter adult only pool with its beautiful views.
The beach is stunning and we loved our morning walks along it, the drinks place on the beach is worth a go, every drink going for half the price of the hotel!
Karon is a 15min walk along the beach, or 200 baht taxi ride. We ate out every night, there is plenty of choice in karon, we enjoyed the bamboo house in particular. The best part of here is the well being, we had some of the best spa treatments we have ever had. The hotels spa is simply amazing. In karon you can have a full 1 hr massage for £10 and they are brilliant.
The breakfast at the hotel is what you would expect for a full buffet, plenty of choice. We loved it, in our opinion we thought the people were helpful and polite and wouldn't even think twice about going back, in fact we are booking for next year as we speak!
Have a very happy holiday, I am sick with jealously!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket is a modern five-star luxury resort built directly on the foreshores of Karon Beach. Designed with distinct Phuket colonial Sino-Portuguese architecture, the luxury accommodation comprises of 262 guestrooms and villas. All guestrooms have a balcony and are ocean facing. Room types consist of spa suites, pool suites, deluxe suites and one and two bedroom villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Fastbooking, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Karon