Was really looking forward to this holiday felt very let down was booked early 2012 family of 6 adult s I had requested a High floor quite room booked pool suite when I arrive pool suite s not Hight up and no one had contacted our agent to inform them I went to the front desk with paperwork with my request s in black and white did this make a difference no ..... I asked to see manager who was very nice and moved me and my husband to another room which was higher this turned out to be a blessing as 1st room by lazy river great for the kid s but the life guard for the best part of 2 week s while on duty kept making whay whay sound s nearly evert time a child went down the slide they also was doin repair s to the stair s with banging and drilling ( there must be a quite time to carry out work s and not in new year when resort is most busiest our room was pleasant great views ( thank s front desk manager who we complained to) shower did not work stone cold or boiling hot complained got me nowhere so I shower in the jucuzzi not very private blind s did not fit window s either in the room also noted roof work being carried out with more noise and the staff did not seem to understand english 3 times different staff I asked for tomarto and cucumber not 1 of them new what I wanted and walked away 5 star service defiantly not ......... The spa that was the best time I had at the hotel in 2 week 3 hour s of bliss so can you imagine you work all year for you and your family to have an amazing holiday 3 room s 2 week s lot s of money not at all well spent I also read artical with Bruno T sounded amazing was it no it was not . Two other thing s I would like to mention waste pipe on beach when the sea come s in and is mixed with stream has a very strong smell of urine and stagnant Water ...... POOL SUITES they do have some that sit over the car park honest ........ I wanted to share my time at this resort I am well traveled and have been very blessed to have stayed in some wonderful places and 5 star resort s this is not one of them . JJ
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket is a modern five-star luxury resort built directly on the foreshores of Karon Beach. Designed with distinct Phuket colonial Sino-Portuguese architecture, the luxury accommodation comprises of 262 guestrooms and villas. All guestrooms have a balcony and are ocean facing. Room types consist of spa suites, pool suites, deluxe suites and one and two bedroom villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Fastbooking, HotelTravel.com, EasyToBook, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Karon