It was our first trip to Phuket and we had a 10 day stay with my husband and our two daughters aged 7 and 4. Took close to 2 hours to get to the Hotel from the airport so it was a long trip after a very long flight from Melbourne, Australia but upon arrival this Hotel looked Amazing at night, just gorgeous. The lobby was quite small I thought for a 5 star resort but it was functional. We had a lovely welcome drink and our check in was quick which was fantastic. We stayed in room 614 in an amazing Deluxe pool suite which was a great spot as it wasn't far from the pool and lazy river, our view was right near to the waterfall and we were on the ground floor which was still high enough to have a great view but I highly recommend this area if you have kids are are scared to go to the higher levels. The kids loved the pool, watersides, the jumps and we did too :) Facilities were fantastic and it definitely caters for kids and adults. My husband and I treated ourselves to massages at the spa whilst the kids went to the Kids Club and they actually wanted to go there everyday which was great for us to get some time out. Every other resort we stayed at our kids never liked going to the kids clubs. Restaurants were of a high quality and we were very surprised of the variety of foods available and the quality. The Mare restaurant was fantastic Italian food and our daughters loved the pizza!! Also they took a pizza making class and loved it. The beach was clean and amazing, although we did discover that there are only a number of limited spaces available for the Hotel customers and that we actually paid for seats one time, so you have to get in early to get a spot. We also travelled to Patong everyday for some shopping and taxi's were quite cheap and available all the time. We went into Karon which was only a 5-10 min walk a few times which was great as well. Overall, highly recommend to all and we had a amazing stay. We will definitely be back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket is a modern five-star luxury resort built directly on the foreshores of Karon Beach. Designed with distinct Phuket colonial Sino-Portuguese architecture, the luxury accommodation comprises of 262 guestrooms and villas. All guestrooms have a balcony and are ocean facing. Room types consist of spa suites, pool suites, deluxe suites and one and two bedroom villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Fastbooking, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Karon