We stayed at this resort, on the second stage of our holiday, having stayed for a week at the Vijitt Resort, Rawai (which was excellent). The Centara had a good room, good view, and extensive breakfast, but unfortunately the hotel is too big for any sense of personal service, and staff responses were mechanistic.
The biggest problem was that this is billed as a 5 star resort, but coach parties, and other guests, were clearly not 5 star in their manner or behaviour in the resort. this was the major issue, and we wondered about whether reductions had been offered.
On booking in we did not receive adequate information about the resort, it's facilities, or the area. This area is not great.
This is sold as 5 star, is charged as 5 star, but isn't.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket is a modern five-star luxury resort built directly on the foreshores of Karon Beach. Designed with distinct Phuket colonial Sino-Portuguese architecture, the luxury accommodation comprises of 262 guestrooms and villas. All guestrooms have a balcony and are ocean facing. Room types consist of spa suites, pool suites, deluxe suites and one and two bedroom villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Fastbooking, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Hotels.com, Low Cost Holidays and Odigeo so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Karon