I am telling everyone I know about this place and the people who work here. It is amazing, and everyone is so friendly and eager to please. The scenery (being directly on the beach) is stunning.
the location is brilliant. far enough away from the craziness of patong that you can escape it, but close enoguh to catch a tuk tuk in there when ever you feel like it. 5 min walk up the beach to Karon for very reasonably priced restaurants and shopping.
The breakfast buffet in the hotel was amazing, the range was exceptional, you have all the regular western stuff you can imagine, from bacon and eggs, to pancakes, pastries etc... but some of the asian soups, curries and breads on offer were what really got me going!!... I really had to try hard to control my morning eating sessions!! The rooms are gorgeous, and the pools are great fun (especially the swim up bar), and although I am a grown man, i couldn't help but repeatedly take advantage of the water slides!!
Happy hour at the various bars is fantastic, 2 for 1 cocktails!! I highly recommend having a massage on the beach in front of the hotel just before sunset, and then enjoying a raspberry caprioska while watching the sun set from the beach comber bar. I did this 2 days in a row. If you know of anything more relaxing, I'd love to hear it!
I've seen a few negative comments about this place, and they actually had me quite concerned before we arrived, but I'm happy to say, I could not see one thing to complain about.
I saw a couple of complaints about having hard beds, they are not rock hard by any means, they are firm, which is nice, but they also have mattress toppers on them to make them supportive, but fluffy at the same time (oh and i think the king size beds over there are even slightly bigger than the ones at home!!... awesome)
I did get sick towards the end of our trip (although this was NOT from the hotel, it was from me not being quite careful enough outside the hotel (remember people: hand sanitizer and bottled water only!! very important!!)), and we had to extend our stay, change our flights and make a whole bunch of emergency arrangements, and the hotel staff were so super helpful, they were falling over themselves to make everything as easy as possible for us under the circumstances (even though they knew it was not their fault and had no obligation to do so), I can't speak highly enough of them.
we went as a couple, and even though they cater heavily towards families, we didn't feel overrun by kids. I would happily go there again as a couple, and similarly I would recommend it for families.
we did so much in the 6 days we were there, from elephant trekking, para sailing, snorkeling, boat trip out to phi phi island, shopping, visiting pa tong... there is so much to do.
It is truly a tropical paradise, and we can't wait to come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket is a modern five-star luxury resort built directly on the foreshores of Karon Beach. Designed with distinct Phuket colonial Sino-Portuguese architecture, the luxury accommodation comprises of 262 guestrooms and villas. All guestrooms have a balcony and are ocean facing. Room types consist of spa suites, pool suites, deluxe suites and one and two bedroom villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Karon