This was my third trip to Phuket and I have always enjoyed the island, the local Thai service & overall Asian ambiance - including elephants, cobras and all............
The Centara is a nice hotel conveniently located to a number of towns. It has pluses and minuses:
The Good Stuff:
(1) Very nice clean rooms with Asian themed decorations. Very large balconies & nice views.
The only negative seemed to be that the air conditioning was centrally controlled and the
room was too cold the first 4-5 nights and then too warm the remaining 6 nights. The room
climate control did not adjust the temperature adequately.But i still loved the room.
(2) Very convenient & pleasant hotel location - close to restaurants & shops and in a lush tropical
(3) Compact hotel campus - everything was "right there" and close at-hand.
(4) Long excellent beach, as well as nice pools (one for adults with a GREAT view)..
(5) Courteous staff and good room service - fast response times for repair services (plugged
shower drain) as well as requests for potable water and delivered food into the room.
(6) Nice Spa center
(7) A free nightly program featuring a variety of Thai songs, dances & skits.
(8) Hotel food prices quite reasonable - if you compare what is charged elsewhere.
The Negative Stuff
(1) The hotel room was not ready on check-in and we had to wait 2 1/2 hours to get into our room
(after an all-night flight). On the positive side the hotel did provide a free lunch while we
waited for our room. We saw the same thing happen to other hotel guests the next day.
(2) The hotel reception area is quite small and humid due to the artificial waterfall in the back of
the reception area. I have never seen a smaller reception area for a 5-star hotel.
(3) The buffet breakfast is mediocre - the selection does not vary enough for a 10+ day stay.
(4) The cable TV offering is very limited - not enough news & movie channels.
(5) The reception staff is "so-so". For instance, It did not provide me with a receipt for my
final hotel payment and I had to repeatedly request a "paid in full statement".
All-in-all I would say it was a reasonable place to visit and I do NOT heve any regrets that i stayed in the Centara. If not for the few issues I mentioned above I would have rated it higher than "very good".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket is a modern five-star luxury resort built directly on the foreshores of Karon Beach. Designed with distinct Phuket colonial Sino-Portuguese architecture, the luxury accommodation comprises of 262 guestrooms and villas. All guestrooms have a balcony and are ocean facing. Room types consist of spa suites, pool suites, deluxe suites and one and two bedroom villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Karon