My family and I, including 6 and 8 yr old stayed for 12 wonderful days at this mammoth resort. While I had initial reservations about the sheer size of the hotel (thinking I would be bumping into a million other tourists) they quickly subsided. We had a general ocean view room which again was quite large compared to other hotels we've stayed at and the view could not have been better - ocean views for as far as the eye can see. The staff could not be faltered as with the presentation of the hotel. To be honest the only real 'negative' I could think of was a slight language barrier, but that's more my problem than theirs. Oh and another thing which has been mentioned by other reviewers was that the beds were very firm but at the end of a long day of shopping, swimming etc, falling asleep was not an issue. Otherwise, the lazy pool could not be beaten. The kids literally cried upon leaving. Along with this pool there were another 3 pools to choose from. The food was very good with a childrens menu that seemed to give our kids a few options to choose from. The buffet breakfast seemed endless with everything from curries, soups and dinner like meals to your regular freshly cooked omlettes, eggs, pancakes etc. It was location approx 10mins from Patong which cost about 300 hundred baht ($8AU) by tuktuk or there was a free shuttle that left the hotel twice a day. It was just far enough to be away from the manic Patong but close enough to go for a few hours each night to eat and shop. The hotel beach itself was pristine. The sand was goldent and the water blue and clean. We went in June which is the wet season however we had absolutely not rain - it was hot, sunny and clear every day. The water was rough and unless you were a very confident swimmer I would advise against going out too far. But the kids and I stayed relatively close to the shore and loved being rolled around by the incoming waves which were a welcome relief from the heat.
Overall, if you're looking for a family holiday at a great price (they usually have a stay/pay type deal) I don't think you can go wrong. You probably don't even have to leave the hotel as every whim is catered for. While we have never stayed or visited the same place twice, this may come close to being the first
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket is a modern five-star luxury resort built directly on the foreshores of Karon Beach. Designed with distinct Phuket colonial Sino-Portuguese architecture, the luxury accommodation comprises of 262 guestrooms and villas. All guestrooms have a balcony and are ocean facing. Room types consist of spa suites, pool suites, deluxe suites and one and two bedroom villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Fastbooking, Agoda, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Karon