We were the first couple to be married at this near new resort and were very happy with the outcome.
It was difficult trying to chose a wedding venue and make arrangements from Australia when neither of us had been to Phuket. We chose this hotel based on the web reviews and photos and since it was on the beach, new and had plenty of facilities to entertain our guests.
We arrived 10 days before the wedding and met with the hotel's sales manager (very friendly and helpful) who gave us a guided tour of the resorts facilities, took the time to understand our requirements and then made sure all was fine on the day.
We ended up using a US expat celebrant who I found on the net before we left Australia- he looked the part and did a great job.
On the day things went according to plan:
-We were picked up from our room via the hotel's decorated golf buggy and taken to the beach-side venue.
-The hotel had done a superb job of decorating the venue with a 'flower aisle' facing the water, rose petals on the sand and a floral arch.
-After the vows we all (there were around nine of us in total) drank champaigne on the beach, had a photo session and were all transported via golf buggy to the Luna Bar for sunset drinks overlooking the sea and the resorts pools - very nice!
- As we made our way up to the Luna Bar we were treated to a delightful surprise - Thai dancers holding candles made simple but elegant moves to the slow beat of a gong, just for us. We felt special indeed.
-After sunset we released paper candle balloons on the beach (assisted by the staff) and then strolled to the courtyard for dinner with a front row seat for the excellent Thai performance which the hotel had scheduled that night.
- Our room was decorated by person(s) with skill you would be unlikely to find in Australia.
Overall we were very pleased.
Pros: Excellent pools & slides, wedding decorations. Great for kids. Rooms were new & impressive with big balconies and superb views. Very friendly staff who love kids (as all Thais seem to do). Huge array of quality breakfast foods.
I would have liked to see a room design with more luggage shelving available - you have a number of bags when getting married.
Some staff had a mInor issue at a group lunch with separating the bill according to rooms ('teething problem' most likely).
Concrete surface next to the main pool was very slippery - easy to fix though.
While the wedding costs were quite reasonable, the room price we paid to stay in mid-March was a little high.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket is a modern five-star luxury resort built directly on the foreshores of Karon Beach. Designed with distinct Phuket colonial Sino-Portuguese architecture, the luxury accommodation comprises of 262 guestrooms and villas. All guestrooms have a balcony and are ocean facing. Room types consist of spa suites, pool suites, deluxe suites and one and two bedroom villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Despegar.com, Booking.com, Fastbooking, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Karon