“Would be 1* if not for the view. Think of it as a guesthouse and you will be OK.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Impiana Private Villas Kata Noi

Save Saved
You added Impiana Private Villas Kata Noi to your Saves list
Impiana Private Villas Kata Noi
5.0 of 5 Villa   |   10 Moo 2, Kata Noi Road | Kata Noi, Karon, Phuket Town, Phuket 83100, Thailand   |
Special Offer
Phuket Sunset Package
Ranked #4 of 29 Specialty lodging in Karon
Windsor, UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

It's really difficult to write this review, as I am sure that Khun Supanit (the Assistant Manager) will respond. She is a lovely person, trying her hardest to meet all of her customer needs.

Unfortunately, despite the staff trying hard, there is no training and no process or procedure. Ultimately, this property has no understanding of what makes a luxury experience. And they are charging an lot of money.

The website is not correct. I assume that the services offered were once available, but if you are considering staying here my observations are as follows:

"Each villa stunningly designed to make your stay spectacular with modern furnishings"

Hundreds of small maintenance issues.
Leaky airconditioning pouring like rain in the middle of the night.

"Each villa also comes with a personal butler to serve your every need".

There was no butler. No butler was introduced.

"When in need of some pampering in the midst of extravagant lavishness Impiana’s exceptional service will meet your every expectation"

There was nobody sitting at reception for the entire period of our stay.
On every occasion I had to walk round into the office to find somebody.
On arrival, even our driver was surprised there was nobody to check us in. He had to do it himself, plus find some bedding for us.

"Live piano performances accompany your meals, be it breakfast by the garden terrace, a sunset cocktail on the outdoor deck or fine dining in The Living Room.

No piano player. Piped music occasionally.

"Our fully-stocked Wine Cellar will impress even the connoisseur"

It will, if the connoisseur loves to see towels piled up against the door to catch the condensation running out into the dining area.

"Impiana Private Villas is a class above its own.

- two towels in the room, one was always needed to mop up the leaky airconditioning.
- long, overgrown grass between the steps, rickety concrete and a general lack of maintenance everwhere (my favourite were the big holes in the balcony above our heads when we had breakfast outside).
- a mini bar, but no glasses.

"Exclusive, exquisite and exceptional that’s the brand experience we’d like you to forever remember"

- Credit card was charged at 8:45am on the morning of our checkout
- As noted in a review below, the checkout procedure includes someone from housekeeping doing an audit that you haven't stolen anything.
- There were only two staff avaliable when we went to get our car transfer to the airport. One was a tiny lady (who had also been waitressing at breakfast) so I helped carry our bags to the car.
- The car that they had arranged to take us to the airport made a stop at an office in Patong to pick up a parcel.

It's such a pity. As all the previous reviewers have said, the views are wonderful. The private pools are beautiful, and the staff try hard. They just have no training on what to do. This is one of the most expensive properties I've ever stayed in, yet the service and maintenance was barely 3* level.

Look elsewhere for the price. Or treat it like a very expensive guesthouse.

Room Tip: Despite website claims that all pools are private, some are only "private" in that they ar...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Supanit_Panyasakchai, Manager at Impiana Private Villas Kata Noi, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Gadgetgizzard,

Thank you for your constructive feedback on your recent stay with us. It is with regret that your overall experience does not meet standard we wish to uphold. We have duly noted on your comments and have taken the necessary steps to rectify any shortcoming.

We do sincerely apologise if your expectation of our butler service fell short of your expectation. Our butler service is still in place and was introduced to you together with the gentleman who brought your luggage to your room. We do apologise if this was not properly communicated to you. As for the maintenance issues, rest assure, the issues you have highlighted are rectification which we are currently doing work in progress. Due to wear and tear, some works are being coordinated during your stay with us hence, resulting in the unpleasant sight.

On your note of service, we do have a staff available to assist at the reception all day. However, due to the person’s work requirement, they were not at the main desk at the time of your presence at the lobby. This has been highlighted to our staff concerned to prevent recurrence. As for your check out, we are by no means, not trusting you or implying that our guest may steal anything. Our housekeeping staff checks are merely to ensure that our guest to not leave any belonging behind.

Once again, we thank you for your comments. We do hope that the experience has not marred your overall impression of the Impiana Private Villas and we do look forward to your return.

90 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I have been to Phuket for the last 3 years, and each time I stay at the Impiana Private Villas. The very first year I was there, it was totally worth the money, but now.. I'm not so sure.

They have gone without the butler service, and there is a lack of personal touch. Many parts of the villa could really use a touch up, and on my last trip, I was a little disappointed given the price I paid. If I do go back to phuket next year, I won't be staying here again.

On the plus side, the view as usual is awesome, and if you'd like peace, quiet and serenity. This place has it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Supanit_Panyasakchai, Manager at Impiana Private Villas Kata Noi, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Wolfain,

Thank you for staying with us at the Impiana Private Villas for the past 3 years. We do apologise if our service on this occasion did not live up to expectation. Our butler service is still in place, however, we regret that their service fell short of expectation during your stay with us. Rest assure, this has been highlighted with the department head concerned and improvements have been made to prevent this from recurrence. As for the maintenance issue, we have since done rectification works to touch up on the paint works and minor repairs as this is due to the constant wear and tear.

Thank you also for highlighting on the plus side. I am sure that the experience of the view and location is somewhat a scenery you would not forget.

We do hope that this stay has not marred your overall impression of the Impiana and we certainly look forward to having you back with us again next year.

Thank you.

Moscow, Russia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Reading some of the reviews makes me wonder whether I stayed in the same place..... overpriced for what it is, villa in poor state of repair. Lack of privacy in the pool. Generally not worth the money paid. I have stayed at many much better and cheaper places.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 177MikeS177,

Thank you for your recent feedback. We do apologise on the note that your stay had fallen short of expectation. We have noted on your comments and rest assure that the defects which was due to wear and tear have been looked into and rectified. Repairs and repainting of our villas are done on a regular basis and I do apologise that the villa you stayed if below the standards. Rest assure, we have made necessary arrangements to ensure that such experiences should not reccur.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

I had my wedding here in February and I couldn't of chosen a better place (or wife) :). The place is unreal. Beautiful beautiful views with boats sailing past in the distance.The rooms were absolutely amazing. The staff were all super friendly especially the manager there. She was very helpful with all our needs and nothing seemed to trouble her. We ordered breakfast in our room which is part of the deal and I thought it was only one choice on the menu but the kind lady on the other end of the phone made us order almost everything on the menu. Inclusive. I'm glad she did because the food was spot on and eating it on out balcony by our private pool was perfect. Would I stay here again...... Absolutely. No regrets. Oh and if your thinking of having your wedding here but not quite sure, don't hesitate. Our wedding was more amazing than I could of imagined. Everything to the finest detail was perfect. We had 46 guests and there was plenty of room. Everyone raved about the food for days. I know I'll be back there....... The hotel that is. Not the alter.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Ausrussian,

It was an honour for us that you decided to have your wedding with us. We are pleased that you have made the right choice in deciding what would many deemed as a event of their lifetime. Thank you for such lovely compliments that I have gladly pass on to my staff. They were most pleased to have you as our guests.

Please do visit us again. I am sure fond memories of your wedding would bring sparkles to your days ahead in the near future. We love you have you back and pamper you like before.

Thank you.

sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at these villas over the new year and into early January. This place is just amazing. Beautifully located with amazing views, very nice rooms, terrific staff, great well priced food, shopping and other restaurants just over the hill - what more could you want.

It isn't cheap but we think it is very well prices for what you get. We spent more time in our room then we every have in any other accommodation. It had everything - great room, amazing view, terrific room service, pool ( so why would you want to leave ).

We are hard markers but we would really recommend these villas as being amazing. Just please don't book when we want to go again, as we want to go back very soon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Supanit_Panyasakchai, Manager at Impiana Private Villas Kata Noi, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear spj709Sydney,

Thank you for taking the time in providing us your valuable feedback.

It is really great to read that you have had such an enjoyable stay at Impiana Private Villas Kata Noi and your feedback with regards to the convenient location and the view of the resort, the quality of food and the convenience of our villa are very much appreciated and especially the service of Impiana’s staff.

I will certainly share these nice comments with our team and we hope that we will have a chance to be of service you again on your next visit to Phuket.

Yours truly,

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I did not stay at the villas during our recent stay in Thailand however my husband and i as well as a group of friends organized several meals and parties at the villas. The staff were very welcoming and their service was superb. my husband and i were even given a preview through some of the vacant villas, and when we return we will absolutely be booking a few nights for sure. i cannot thank sue and her gorgeous staff enough for their generous hospitality and superb cocktails and delicious food. the location is second to none and we look forward to returning again

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Tokyo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed for two days; flew in prior to moving on to other islands. I was amazed we were able to book 25th and 26th December, at short notice. I was a bit apprehensive as the rate was US$700 per night, but the pictures looked beautiful. So we paid US$1,500 for two nights. Incidentials, dinner, mini-bar all in we paid well over US$2,000 for two nights. Complete rip off! I'm from Honolulu, so you can stay at the Halekulani, or Maui for a LOT less in huge homes. Everything was going well until, the sun hits the private villas (9:00am- 5:00pm); The whole place turns into a sauna, so unless you want to be IN the pool the whole time, your gonna get lots of excuses, about compressors, and 'we didn't know'; THEY DARN WELL KNEW the A/C was inadequate and book the rooms anyway. We complained and they offered dinner, we refused, that wasn't the point, and we already had a booking down the road, at another restaurant THEY had recommended AGAIN US$400 for 2 persons. So thier offer of dinner seemed very disingeuous. I've been coming to Phuket for YEARs (15 about), and I've never felt so 'ripped off'. We travel in JPY, too, so this is particularly offensive, US$ travelers SHOULD JUST GO TO HAWAII, cheaper, and better / conciencious service. Finally, my Japanese partner, inadvertently, put two pairs of terry-cloth slippers in the suitcases (one-time use), and when I POINTED OUT that THEY had fogotten to add two bottles of wine it the mini-bar bill, they ran down to the bungalow (remember I alerted THEM about the oversght) ran a foresice check. Then they demanded US$200 for the slippers, as if we had STOLEN them, just be fore we got into the car (US$70 one-way); not included. The security guard demanded the slippers, the front desk staff, THEN said "discount" - "discount"...US$100 for the pair...At this point, we were worried about our flight, and gave them back thier slippers, and WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN. Remember we paid US$2,000 for the for all this abuse. They don't 'get it'...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Impiana Private Villas Kata Noi? Share your experiences!