“Used to be Las Margaritas” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #88 of 158 Restaurants in Karon
Cuisines: Sandwiches, International, Thai, Asian fusion
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Paradise Grill is a quaint indoor / outdoor restaurant offering a wide range of cuisine at reasonable prices. Located only 2 minutes walk from Karon Beach, Paradise Grill offers a great place for a light meal, bowl of Asian Fusion or Japanese noodles, along with a full Thai food menu, and of course all your favorite international dishes and sandwiches. Enjoy Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner from 10:00 - 23:30. We look forward to serve you.
Shanghai, China
“Used to be Las Margaritas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2015

If you did not know this place, you would probably walk right past it and if you looked in, it is very quiet.

However, it used to be Las Margaritas and still retains a large part of its menu as Mexican food. Bizarrely, the sign outside makes no mention of this but says simply 'International food' and 'Japanese food' - yet the Mexican food it has is super and great value-for-money.

We found it quite bizarre that staff (apart from one) seemed very 'annoyed' that we walked in (as if we were an interuption to their chat/conversation) but the one staff member (no name) that settled us, took our drinks/food order and from thereon it was a pleasure.

Good drinks, pitchers of Margarita at just 490 Baht, wide/varied menu and very fairly priced.

If you can look past the 'bored-looking' staff and not that many customers, the food is actually very good here and well worth one visit.

• Visited April 2015
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pacific-Club-GM, General Manager at Paradise Grill, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Hi there, we changed our name from Las Margaritas to Paradise Grill a while back, it is still owned and managed by the same people. I will look into the matter you mentioned regarding the staff there. Our menu at Las Margaritas as you know was predominantly Mexican food, however we have now changed our menu to still include Mexican cuisine, but also to offer our guests a more varied choice of International cuisine, which of course includes Japanese food. Thanks for placing your review, and we appreciate your kind comments about our extensive menu, and we hope you will return for a second visit soon. Jon.

• Thai first
Toronto, Canada
“Good choice - quiet restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2015

The food at the Paradise Grill is very similar to Paradise Grill is never busy. This surprises me because the food on the whole was excellent. You can get a Pad Thai special meal for 95 baht which is really quite good. The regular Pad Thai on the menu I believe was 125 baht but there was def. more chicken in it. They also have some of the same menu items as Karon Café including the all you can eat ribs. Yummy. All the Thai food is very good. If I want a Thai meal I will eat here simply because it is quieter and a little cheaper. If I want western food I will eat at Karon Café only because of the soup and salad bar otherwise it is the same.
One negative though, do not order the chicken fajitas. They are the worst fajitas I have ever had. Maybe it's just me but the way I like fajitas is very little gravy. The Paradise Grill fajitas were swimming in a greasy gravy that in my opinion was not that nice. Just my preference I guess. Every other dish we ordered was excellent.

Visited February 2015
Pacific-Club-GM, General Manager at Paradise Grill, responded to this review, March 17, 2015
Hi there, thanks for your feedback, Paradise Grill is slowly but surely beginning to establish itself as a major force amongst the restaurants at that end of the street, as you know, our ribs are very popular, as are our Thai dishes and noodles. We apologise that you had a bad experience with our fajitas, as they are also a favourite amongst our guests, but i will be sure to pass on your comments to our kitchen staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to Paradise grill on your next visit. Jon.
Adelaide, Australia
“Yum but not fantastic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2015

We went to paradise grill as our resort gave us a discount voucher.

It's in a great location down a small side street off of a main road.
Very quiet with no atmosphere when we were there. Service was okay but staff members were on their mobile phones instead of making sure we were attended to so we waited a little to order despite being the only ones in the restaurant.

I ordered a green curry but had to ask (with some difficulty) to have it vegetarian as they only had a chicken or beef option. It took a while for the waitress to understand what I was asking for but she eventually got another lady to help. The curry was tasty but not the best I tried whilst over in Thailand
My partner had chicken and rice which he enjoyed.
Overall it was pleasant and decently priced with a bonus of having a discount voucher. I wouldn't however go out of my way to eat a meal here again if we hadn't have got the discount.

Pacific-Club-GM, General Manager at Paradise Grill, responded to this review, March 10, 2015
Hi Laura, many thanks for taking the time your place your review, we take all our guests comments very seriously, and i will ensure that the points you have mentioned are acted upon immediately. Jon.
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2014

We had dinner here on two occasions knowing that the ownership and menu were the same as Pacific Club and we did not go wrong. The food is excellent and the service is pretty good as well. Prices are reasonable.

Visited December 2014
Pacific-Club-GM, Manager at Paradise Grill, responded to this review, December 26, 2014
Paradise Grill, Pacific Club resort and Karon Cafe are all under the same ownership. Each offers great value Thai and International favourites, with a welcoming smile. Keith
Melbourne, Australia
“Overrated burgers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2014

This restaurant was billed as serving the best burgers in town, so we thought we're testing it out - it's a nice break from all those curries. The overall presentation was nice but the burger patties were overcooked and dry, despite their relative thickness. Since we weren't asked how we wanted the burgers cooked we assumed they automatically do them medium. Well they didn't...

These restaurants are open to the street and so I can't really complain about the huge flying cockroach that tried to scare us but it took away a bit of the enjoyment.

Pacific-Club-GM, Manager at Paradise Grill, responded to this review, November 29, 2014
Our homemade prime beef burgers feature as one of most popular dishes. It seems that we slipped up on this occasion, thank you bringing this to our attention. We'll make sure this is addressed. Keith