“Good location but run down.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Beshert Guesthouse

You added Beshert Guesthouse to your Saves list
Beshert Guesthouse
516/13 Patak Road, Soi Centara | Karon Beach, Karon, Phuket Town, Phuket 83100, Thailand   |
Ranked #15 of 76 Karon B&B and Inns
Rødovre, Kobenhavn, Denmark
“Good location but run down.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

The good:
The price. However it is matched by other guest houses in the area I know to be better than this one.
Staff was nice.
Location was good. Bars nearby, beach nearby but still quiet.

The bad:
The bed was very hard. Not a problem for me, but I imagine it could be for some.
The room smelled when you entered. Running the air condition took care of it, but it came back when you went out.
The room looked very run down.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
southwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the Bershert a few yrs ago, we loved it, the situation was perfect, the people perfect, we must go back soon we spent 3 wks there, I will say the Red Onion resturaunt was fantastic , the Simon Showa must, and all the trips

• Stayed March 2013
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I booked to stay here for 4nights (27- 30 April) and had kept in contact with Adam (Owner) prior to my arrival, the guy is brilliant! He had informed me of how to avoid the touts and where to take a taxi from at Phuket Airport. He introduced himself to me at the first available opportunity (don't get this at many places!) and having paid the extra for a superior room, was given the only one with a balcony on the top floor (though the stairs were very tiring!). The rooms are spacious, clean and equipped with a safe, fridge, DVD Player and A/C (Best I have had during my time in Thailand). The bathrooms are big and hot water showers available (much needed first thing in the morning). His staff are absolutely wonderful!! They do not stop smiling and couldn't have been more helpful, constantly keeping our room clean and fridge stocked with water. I used the laundry service they have to offer, excellent rate and leaves a wonderful fresh smell! Who are these people who take photo's of cracks in the wall? Why is that important?! I would agree that the rooms do need a little TLC but you get more than enough for what you pay! There is a huge range of DVD's available to watch in your room (if that's your thing). WiFi is advertised though I couldn't find a connection (hardly essential though?!)... 5mins walk to Karon Beach, shops and restaurants within footsteps! Would definately recommend this place! BIG thank you to the management & staff for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Spoke to Adam by email and have booked up for December 11--Jan 2,he seems a very nice bloke and am really looking forward to meeting him and his wife Sa,I know the Patak Road aria very well,stayed there a couple of times before,for me at my age 68 it has eveything I want,Restaurants,Bars,with pretty bar girls making you welcome,cant wait to get back and party slowly

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Nice, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We had a great stay with Adam and the team.
The guest-house is situated on one of the quieter streets of Karon (which is a good thing).
Our room was spacious with everything you might need .. fridge, kettle, TV with DVD player, safe, bathroom, AC and Wi-Fi ... plenty of cupboard space and an extra mini sofa and table by the window.
I know some other reviews mention the laundry ... 5 stars for The laundry ... absolute heaven .. I wish we had such good service at home.. so even if the guest-house is full and you are staying elsewhere .. drop off your laundry there.
Altogether a great holiday ... would definitely stay there again

Room Tip: 2nd floor facing the street (we loved it)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Pros- located very very near Karon Beach around 5minutes stroll, very near the temple market, also 5minutes walk away, tucked away at the more peaceful roads. Parking of cars is fairly close, around 5minutes walk at karon beach park. The rooms are spacious, we got the back room, was enough for me and my girlfriend, tv channels were good, aircon and showers were strong and good!

Cons-tap water was actually a little salty, made me feel like i was brushing my teeth with seawater but it was okay!just be sure to use bottled water if you need hot water! The room refreshener was a little overwhelming initially but we got used to it! the floor was not really clean, was a little sticky and dusty.

Overall very pleasant stay at this guesthouse, would definitely stay here again and recommend to others!
on a side note, be sure to watch some dvds in room or visit the nearby "moo-kata" (their buffet style bbq). Thumbs up!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
wexford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

This is our second time staying here....
pros-

Value for money- the cheapest place we have stayed while traveling asia, same cost as a dorm room in a hostel, yet you get....
Fantastic location, 2mins from the beach, restaurants and bars all around,
No noise from the street at night
aircon, towels, fridge, cable tv, big sized room, large bed, in room safe, tea and coffee maker, mineral water, free dvds to watch and loads of books to read!
Adam and Sa are very welcoming as are all the other staff.
In house laundry

Cons-
looking a little tried now, not as clean and fresh as the first time we came which was a year previous
But for the price you pay and the service you get this doesnt matter at all. Highly Recommend!
We will stay here again if we are in Phuket in the future.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the front of the hotel, as they are bigger and have a seating area.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Beshert Guesthouse? Share your experiences!