“Not convinced” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Phuket, Thailand
“Not convinced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I would give this place a 3 and a half instead of 4 if I could. Everything was above adequate, but I don't feel compelled to come back to Ging's for any particular reason. We had the Jungle Curry as per another reviewer's suggestion, but this style of curry is more about the heat than it is the flavor. It reinforced my preference for coconut milk based curries over clear-broth based ones like the seafood Jungle Curry we ordered. We also ordered a plate of the green mussels served in a garlic pepper sauce, as recommended by our waitress. The mussels were plump and fresh tasting and the sauce very nice. My boyfriend couldn't get over how there were only 8 mussels on the plate. But, in defense I suppose, these mussels from NZ are about twice as big as ones that I've had at other restaurants in the area.

The service was attentive. Our waitress was nice and multi-lingual to boot, as I heard her speaking Mandarin to the guests at the next table.

The service was good, the food was good enough, and the place was clean and well-lit. But, I found their prices a little high for Thai staples like fried rice (160 baht) and for beer (large Chang 140 baht). This place is convenient for those staying at The Old Phuket Hotel. But, I wouldn't go out of my way to go back here.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Love the food best service at a best price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

My partner and I loved this restaurant! Amazing food from all Thai foods to western! The best service Karon has to offer! And the best prices! Love love love!

Wilderness, South Africa
“A MUST TO GO TO”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Son and rest of staff were so friendly and welcoming - they made us feel very special and treated us like old friends. Food was constantly very good

Visited July 2014
“Same Same but Different”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Ging offer the same as all the other places to eat BUT with a difference. Such a great restaurant. Great and affordable food. the food quality is really high and a must eat :). Big portion size, free wifi and friendly staff. We loved it here. The chicken cashew with plain rice and Prawn in the pineapple is fantastic.

Visited July 2014
Kata Beach, Thailand
“A two timer”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I was there 2 times. The first and the last time. The place is quite nice, the location is good, and the staff is very good. But...the food is not good enough. Send the cook back to school.

• Visited July 2014