We just spent five lovely nights at the Adamas Resort and Spa. It's about 15 minutes from the airport, so easy to get to. We ordered the cheapest room via Expedia, and were very pleased with our choice.
On arrival, we were presented with a cool drink and cold towel, and were able to appreciate the wonderful vista presented from the reception area of beach and sea. After check in, we were taken to our top floor room by golf cart (which was fun, and kept the sweating to a minimum!)
We were presented with a lovely (quite plain, but clean and spacious) room, with what looked like a newly refurbished bathroom with tiled (with small pebbles!) bathtub and separate black tiled shower. The balcony looked out over the magnificent grounds and on over the sea. A basic minibar and tv with what appeared to be at least 30 channels (in all kinds of languages) completed the facilities.
The rooms are arranged in blocks of about 18 rooms. I think I counted six blocks. The ground floor rooms (available at a supplement) back straight onto the swimming pool - which for us was one of the best features of the resort. From the ground floor room, you could step straight (using your own stone turtle step) into what I could only describe as a 'pool canal' which led you through lovely garden to the main pool that overlooks the sea via an 'infinity edge'. Gorgeous. The ground floor rooms also have two sunbeds that may come in handy for private sunbathing (we had a second floor room - with great view, but will pick the ground floor when we come back).
The resort has a great bar/restaurant down by the pool - in the sunbathing area that surrounded the pool and went down towards the beach. In passing, there did not seem to be a huge number of sunbeds - so get your towels on a couple early (OK - not too early) to reserve one for the day. The pool bar offered a great selection of cocktails and soft drinks as well as snack food (pizzas, sandwiches, pasta etc.) during the day - all at reasonable prices. After 6.00pm the menu changed (to a more expensive one) including steaks, tiger prawns and other local foods. And I should mention the 2 for 1 happy hour from 5 to 7pm - a good way of watching the sun go down. And did I mention how friendly everyone was?
There is a main restaurant as well (which also was used for the super breakfast buffet which was included in the room rate) that offered both local and international selections, along with a very pleasant main lobby bar (again a good source of cocktails etc.)
All very relaxing for us - but if you are looking for discos and a party atmosphere you need to look elsewhere.
What about the beach? Not great - the tide goes out a long way, and the beach was overlooked by what looks to be an abandoned Hyatt hotel (mostly built, and now it appears to be incomplete and silent). You can walk around the beach to some typical (for the region) perhaps slightly scruffy restaurants and bars - but frankly our hotel was the nicest part of the beach.
The hotel runs a shuttle that goes down to Patong beach (I am not sure why you would want to do that - but you can), but other than that, there are not many places else to go. But our five days were very relaxing, and it all went by far too quickly!
Would we come back? Absolutely. Can't wait.
Oh - and one last thing: who can't live without an internet connection? Well you can buy access to the wireless network (for about 450 baht a day). It did not work great, but it worked (so you can book your return trip!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A relaxing heaven awaits you...Welcome to Imperial Adamas Beach Resort, Phuket. Adamas luxury Phuket resort is designed for sophisticated travellers wanting to rejuvenate body and soul. Imperial Adamas Beach Resort, Phuket is located on one of the most secluded beaches of the island, Nai Yang. Our luxury Nai Yang resort accommodation features stylish contemporary Thai decor set in lush tropical garden and coconut palm tree groves, just a few steps from the beach. The Imperial Adamas Beach Resort 3000 m2 infinity swimming pool that winds its way round the resort is a true highlight. Our guests can enjoy the timeless Thai traditions of healing and massage at our Nai Yang Beach spa. Relax and rejuvenate mind and body at the Adamas Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Naiyang Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Imperial Adamas Beach Resort, Phuket Hotel Nai Yang
- Adamas Hotel Nai Yang
- Adamas Hotel Phuket
- Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Naiyang Beach Nai Yang