“Lovely hotel at a reasonable price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Imperial Adamas Beach Resort, Phuket

Save Saved
You added Imperial Adamas Beach Resort, Phuket to your Saves list
Imperial Adamas Beach Resort, Phuket
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   92 Moo 3, Baan Na Tai, Nai Yang Beach, Tambol Sakhoo | Amphur Talang, Nai Yang, Phuket 83110, Thailand   |
Ranked #3 of 5 hotels in Nai Yang
Houston
“Lovely hotel at a reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2009

We just spent five lovely nights at the Adamas Resort and Spa. It's about 15 minutes from the airport, so easy to get to. We ordered the cheapest room via Expedia, and were very pleased with our choice.

On arrival, we were presented with a cool drink and cold towel, and were able to appreciate the wonderful vista presented from the reception area of beach and sea. After check in, we were taken to our top floor room by golf cart (which was fun, and kept the sweating to a minimum!)

We were presented with a lovely (quite plain, but clean and spacious) room, with what looked like a newly refurbished bathroom with tiled (with small pebbles!) bathtub and separate black tiled shower. The balcony looked out over the magnificent grounds and on over the sea. A basic minibar and tv with what appeared to be at least 30 channels (in all kinds of languages) completed the facilities.

The rooms are arranged in blocks of about 18 rooms. I think I counted six blocks. The ground floor rooms (available at a supplement) back straight onto the swimming pool - which for us was one of the best features of the resort. From the ground floor room, you could step straight (using your own stone turtle step) into what I could only describe as a 'pool canal' which led you through lovely garden to the main pool that overlooks the sea via an 'infinity edge'. Gorgeous. The ground floor rooms also have two sunbeds that may come in handy for private sunbathing (we had a second floor room - with great view, but will pick the ground floor when we come back).

The resort has a great bar/restaurant down by the pool - in the sunbathing area that surrounded the pool and went down towards the beach. In passing, there did not seem to be a huge number of sunbeds - so get your towels on a couple early (OK - not too early) to reserve one for the day. The pool bar offered a great selection of cocktails and soft drinks as well as snack food (pizzas, sandwiches, pasta etc.) during the day - all at reasonable prices. After 6.00pm the menu changed (to a more expensive one) including steaks, tiger prawns and other local foods. And I should mention the 2 for 1 happy hour from 5 to 7pm - a good way of watching the sun go down. And did I mention how friendly everyone was?

There is a main restaurant as well (which also was used for the super breakfast buffet which was included in the room rate) that offered both local and international selections, along with a very pleasant main lobby bar (again a good source of cocktails etc.)

All very relaxing for us - but if you are looking for discos and a party atmosphere you need to look elsewhere.

What about the beach? Not great - the tide goes out a long way, and the beach was overlooked by what looks to be an abandoned Hyatt hotel (mostly built, and now it appears to be incomplete and silent). You can walk around the beach to some typical (for the region) perhaps slightly scruffy restaurants and bars - but frankly our hotel was the nicest part of the beach.

The hotel runs a shuttle that goes down to Patong beach (I am not sure why you would want to do that - but you can), but other than that, there are not many places else to go. But our five days were very relaxing, and it all went by far too quickly!

Would we come back? Absolutely. Can't wait.

Oh - and one last thing: who can't live without an internet connection? Well you can buy access to the wireless network (for about 450 baht a day). It did not work great, but it worked (so you can book your return trip!)

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
adamas_11, General Manager at Imperial Adamas Beach Resort, Phuket, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for your kind support of Imperial Adamas beach resort. We do appreciate your stay with us and certainly appreciate your kind comments in this Tripadvisor review.
We do look forward to continuing to welcome you back to Imperial Adamas whenever your travels bring you to Phuket.
Thanks and best regards,

507 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Moscow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2009

My wife and I had a holiday in the Adamas Resort SPA on Phuket in July’09.
We’ve had very pleasant experience staying at this hotel.
This is one of the few places where there are all ingredients of rest– the service, nature, rooms and etc. – arouse positive emotions only.
The hotel area is one of the most beautiful areas we’ve ever seen.
There is a lot of greenery and places where you can stay in the shade on sunny days, which means a lot for people with sensitive skin.
The Adamas hotel has its own big beach, in contrast to many other hotels on Phuket.
We rented a car and when we were driving on Phuket we paid attention to the fact that most hotels don’t have their own beach – as a rule the beach and the hotel are separated with a road.
The pool in the Adamas is something that can’t be helped mentioning.
It is very big and surrounded with greenery – you can swim there for hours!
We stayed in a Luxury Suite with Pool Access Room – these rooms have their own individual exit to the pool. It’s very convenient! If you stay in a Luxury Suite with Pool Access you will get your own private pool actually! And you can also get to the central pool from your “private” part.
The Luxury Suite with Pool Access Room is very large. The interior is beautiful, high-quality; the rooms are pleasant to stay at.
The room was cleaned twice a day. We didn’t have any complaints about cleaning. Generally the service was excellent – the staff was polite, unobtrusive, all our questions were solved promptly. When we told the administration that we were going to Malaysia (to spend a few days in Kuala Lumpur) and after that coming back to the Adamas, the administration complimented us by a comfortable minivan with two hotel employees!!!!! They took us to the airport and when we came back they picked us up.
We liked the food in the hotel. When we were planning our trip, we read feedbacks of those who had been in the Adamas before – they preferred to eat in restaurants on Nay Yang beach (10 min from the hotel on foot along the beach) because it was cheaper. We were there too. It’s really cheaper. However, the cuisine and service cannot compare with those in the Adamas. So, my wife and I preferred to eat at the hotel, except for the days when we travelled around the island.
In spite of low season (July) and the fact that the hotel was not full, we had gorgeous breakfast. In general, we had very good impressions of the restaurants in the Adamas.
The hotel SPA is something! It consisted of several bungalows with excellent interior and surrounded by beautiful nature.
My wife and I like traditional Thai massage. We visited several SPA salons on Phuket, but eventually the Adamas SPA won our praise.
And once again about the Adamas area and Nay Yang nature. When we were on Phuket we visited a lot of interesting and beautiful places. We were on Patong, Karon, Kata and other beaches. In our opinion, Nai Yang beach is one of the most beautiful beaches on Phuket. The sea at the Nai Yang beach is clear, which is nice. Also, the beach is surrounded by fantastic nature. Probably the reason of the beauty of Nay Yang beach is the fact that it lies on the territory of a National Park.
We like taking photographs and we’ve taken some photos that can give an idea of the Adamas hotel and its nature and the area in general. Usually we like to spend every our holiday in a place where we haven’t been before but this winter we’re going to the Adamas again – this is one of the few places where you want to come back again and again….
MY WIFE AND I WOULD LIKE TO EXPRESS OUR THANKS TO STAFF AND HOTEL MANAGEMENT – THEY DONE UTMOST IN ORDER FOR OUR HOLIDAY WAS MAXIMAL PLEASANT AND COMFORTABLE!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent feedback on tripadvisor, following your stay at Imperial Adamas Beach Resort, Phuket. We were very happy to read of your overall satisfaction & experiences relating to the hotel facilities, service and location.
We do look forward to continuing to welcome you back to Imperial Adamas, whenever your travels bring you to Phuket.

Thanks and best regards,
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2009

Our 4-week-honeymoon was close to the ending, we need to fly from Phuket so we chose this hotel which was close to the airport. The entrance was beautiful. Bell men welcomed us with nice smiles... All the view could be used for photos in the Spa & beauty etc. One of the receptionists came and asked for passport and some paperwork. She seemed not friendly. She showed us around and did all her job but it was robot like. Not much time for us to communicate with her. Almost she was not interested in us. But I guess that's what you get in most of the big place like this. This hotel is a massive building and have many regulations and facilities to uses. We had to go to the reception a few times later for some help and people in there were the same. They look robot-like or not very happy. We felt like we didn't have a person we can always rely on.

We went for a walk. There is nicer beach next to the beach in front of the hotel. There were more shops and restaurants. We had a good lunch by the beach and felt much better. Eating and having massages in the Adamas Hotel would cost us a lot more money. We had a great massage there and swam in the pool in the hotel. We came back to the room around the evening. We turned the light on and realized that there were were hundreds of moths around the lights. We didn't leave any windows of doors open. We panic and called. A woman answered and told us to wait for somebody. I was still wet after swimming, We waited about 15 minutes. A man came with a moth killer. We just asked if we could change a room. He barely spoke English but understood and left the room again to get somebody else. We needed to wait again. Anyway, we were moved to another room and the room was good. But we thought this whole thing could have been done quicker.

The room was very nice. Clean and very resort-like. Though we needed to ask for a basket of fruits by calling 3 people ( operator, call service, and housekeeper) Ok it's because the hotel was huge.

After staying many hotels, we realize the most important for us to stay happy on trips was the people we met. Just one smile changes everything. For us Adamas hotel needed to have more of that...and free wireless network.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
adamas_11, General Manager at Imperial Adamas Beach Resort, Phuket, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Guest,
Greetings from the Sunny Phuket and first of all, my sincere apologies for any inconvenience regarding the discomfort that you have experienced during your stay with us. We do always try to maintain the highest standards of services. Dear Guest, thank you for your feedback once again and despite the negatives, which we will endeavor to improve and I hope we can welcome you back to Phuket in the not too distant future. For any queries and assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2009

I stayed at the Adamas resort & Spa for the first time for a long weekend and I was more than happy with my stay. Coming from a hospitality background I am perhaps not easy to please but my stay succeeded my expectations by far. The service throughout the entire hotel was outstanding and friendly. The food in the terrace restaurant as well as rooms service has reasonable prices and is very good. The decor of the rooms is lovely and they are quite spacious. The entire property is well maintained. If you are looking to lie at the beach the entire day this might not be the perfect hotel as the beach in front of the hotel is pretty small. But only 400m away is a lovely beach at Nai Yang and there are located a few nice local restaurant and a really good diving center where I spend most of my weekend. As I said before I was completely happy and upon departure I booked already my next weekend stay

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
adamas_11, General Manager at Imperial Adamas Beach Resort, Phuket, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear friends,
warm greetings from the Imperial Adamas Beach Resort and hope that your trip back home was very fine. Thank you for your recent stay and for having taken time to give us feedback via tripAdvisor.
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

The hotel is located in a beautiful secluded and quite spot. The setting is surrounded by lush gardens very well maintained. The hotel features excellent and spacious facilities such as the pool located near the beachfront. The landscaping is marvelous to feel a home away from home. The restaurant offers excellen Thai food e.g barbecue seafood and fish and very good Western food prepared by an Italian Chef.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
adamas_11, General Manager at Imperial Adamas Beach Resort, Phuket, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear guests,
warm greetings from the Imperial Adamas Beach Resort and hope that your trip back home was very fine. Thank you for your stay and for having taken time to give us feedback via tripadvisor. I have noted your kind feedback and I was proud to share your survey in details with all the department concerned. Thank you for your feedback once again and despite the negatives, which we will endeavor to improve and I hope we can welcome you back to Phuket in the not too distant future. For any queries and assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly through: elyes.b@imperialadamas.com

China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

My wife and I stayed for a week in a beachfront pool villa in Adamas. We have rented our car and therefore location is not a minus but a plus for us - being absolutely quiet and private. The pool villa itself is nice with direct beach access and with a big garden and a private pool. The resort is quite empty and is very quiet for us. The breakfast is good. Service is good.

We enjoyed our stay there. Will highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
adamas_11, General Manager at Imperial Adamas Beach Resort, Phuket, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Victoria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Adamas for 5 nights in Sept 2009 and we didn't want to leave. We were thrilled with all aspects of the resort although some may find it too quiet. We had previously stayed in Patong and said we would never return to Phuket because of the sleezy and harassing atmosphere. Great value for money, we had a ground floor wonderful room with patio and swimming pool which connected with the main pool. The staff were exceptionally helpful from the Manager to the Chef to the receptionists and shop staff. Loved the food, gardens, games room, pool areas. It is perfect for a relaxing holiday and we highly recommend this resort and plan to return with friends. If you are wanting nightlife go to Patong. Internet access is not free which is not in keeping with other resorts of this standard. Beach is not great but we prefer pools so it was not an issue for us. The main tip we strongly recommend is that you organise a transfer will the hotel from the airport to the resort to avoid the 'rip off's'. Enjoy your stay as we did.
Cheers

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
adamas_11, General Manager at Imperial Adamas Beach Resort, Phuket, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Warm greetings from the Imperial Adamas Beach Resort.
Thank you for your stay with us and for having taken time to give us feedback via tripadvisor. I have noted your feedback and I have reviewed your comments in details with all the department concerned. Thank you for your feedback once again and despite the negatives, which we will endeavour to improve and I hope we can welcome you back to Phuket in the not too distant future.

elyes Ben Brahim,

Been to Imperial Adamas Beach Resort, Phuket? Share your experiences!