We started off by just booking a single night at Imperial Adamas through Hotels.com based on the close proximity to the airport, and the plan was to find somewhere else after the first night. However after the first night we were convinced this was where we were going to stay for a brief (3 night) stay at the end of some long SE Asia travels. What an awesome resort it was indeed.
Things got off to a bad start with the reception staff however. When we first arrived they said if we wanted to stay any longer we should contact our travel agent (rather than negotiate directly through them) and this just seemed bizarre. Given I'd booked it over the net on my tablet I didn't have a travel agent I could 'just call'. So, I went into the reception the next morning and said how much we loved the resort, and could we just pay to reception for 2 extra nights. They made it seem like an chore. While I won't fault their English (I can't speak Thai) I can certainly fault their enthusiasm, body language, facial expressions, etc etc. It's not like they were flat out with bookings either - there was literally no one about and you'd think they jump at an offer like this.
Bad service from Reception aside, this resort exceeded our expectations. The facilities are top notch, particularly the pool, the bar and staff are very good and make awesome cocktails, it's in a very quiet and secluded location and the time of year we went (late July) there was no one about - perfect. The breakfasts were very good and it would seem an area they've improved since the previous review. Also the spa vouchers have been removed so no problems there.
The beds I didn't think were that hard, but they may have been because we'd just been travelling around Vietnam where 'Concrete' is the softest option for a standard mattress. We stayed in two rooms and both beds (1 Queen and 1 King) were fine. The only minor issue we had was slightly noisy air con, even on low.
- Also Known As:
- Imperial Adamas Beach Resort, Phuket Hotel
- Imperial Adamas Beach Resort, Phuket Hotel Nai Yang
- Adamas Hotel Nai Yang
- Adamas Hotel Phuket
- Imperial Adamas Beach Resort, Phuket Nai Yang
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A relaxing heaven awaits you...Welcome to Imperial Adamas Beach Resort, Phuket. Adamas luxury Phuket resort is designed for sophisticated travellers wanting to rejuvenate body and soul. Imperial Adamas Beach Resort, Phuket is located on one of the most secluded beaches of the island, Nai Yang. Our luxury Nai Yang resort accommodation features stylish contemporary Thai decor set in lush tropical garden and coconut palm tree groves, just a few steps from the beach. The Imperial Adamas Beach Resort 3000 m2 infinity swimming pool that winds its way round the resort is a true highlight. Our guests can enjoy the timeless Thai traditions of healing and massage at our Nai Yang Beach spa. Relax and rejuvenate mind and body at the Adamas Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Tingo, EasyToBook, Expedia, Otel and Venere so you can book your Imperial Adamas Beach Resort, Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.