“Quiet resort, on the beach, excellent service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Imperial Adamas Beach Resort, Phuket

Save Saved
You added Imperial Adamas Beach Resort, Phuket to your Saves list
Imperial Adamas Beach Resort, Phuket
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   92 Moo 3, Baan Na Tai, Nai Yang Beach, Tambol Sakhoo | Amphur Talang, Nai Yang, Phuket 83110, Thailand   |
Ranked #3 of 5 hotels in Nai Yang
i'm a nomad
“Quiet resort, on the beach, excellent service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed here for two nights during our vacation and absolutely loved it. When looking into our stay in Phuket we wanted to avoid Patong due to its reputation for touristy, loud, up all night, busy and somewhat trashy environment reported in reviews. Instead we wanted a more quiet area with a beautiful beach and good service, and the Imperial Adamas Beach resort kept coming up at the top of our list. I am very glad we chose it and would do it again!
Some things to consider:
-resort is about a 10min drive from HKT airport and should NOT cost more than 600thb for 4 people and bags (they will try to get you for over 1000thb the second you walk out the airport!). To avoid all the hassle and haggle we recommend just using the taxi service provided by the resort, then you don't have to worry about getting to and from and it is a good deal.
-from the second we arrived the staff and service was very welcoming and accommodating. When we called with questions about our room (toilet and A/C) they showed up instantly to help us (nothing wrong with A/C except user error!) They also helped us with our accommodations in Bangkok by calling which was really convenient. I also liked when they turned down our beds for the evening and lit lemongrass scents to keep bugs away!
-All the rooms were just steps from the beach and pool. There is a high and low tide, and for us, it didn't matter because we could still walk up the beach to nearby Nai Yang beach and village for great shopping, cheap food and cheap beer and cheap massages.
-It is a resort, so everything is there and that is convenient, but, it comes at resort prices. We highly recommend getting out and walking to Nai Yang beach for the reasons listed above!
-The beds felt rock hard to us. We were tired from traveling so it's not a deal breaker, but I was personally pretty sore in the morning! (Nothing that a Thai massage at Nai Yang Beach couldn't take care of!)
-Buffet - very convenient, lots of food to choose from, looks wonderful, but tasted just good (not great, and for the price we were expecting more than great!)

We would highly recommend staying here, and plan to come back someday. If you have read this far then you are over thinking and should just book it already. Have a good time!

Mike & Kelli
USA

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
adamas_11, General Manager at Imperial Adamas Beach Resort, Phuket, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear friends,
warm greetings from the Imperial Adamas Beach Resort and hope that your trip back home was very fine. Thank you for your recent stay and for having taken time to give us feedback via tripAdvisor.
I have noted your kind feedback and I was proud to share your survey in details with all the department concerned. Thank you for your feedback once again and despite the negatives, which we will endeavor to improve and I hope we can welcome you back to Phuket in the not too distant future.

508 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

it actually feels like u r in paradise. specially the beach with a new virgin islan forming near the beach.u can walk doen to the small island with crystal clear water beneath ur feet n white fishes swimming past. u can pick up ur own beautiful CORALS n SHELL early in the morning by the private beach.
rooms r too good n ethnic. the best bathtub ever i hav used in a hotel. toiletries are all herbal.
I will go back there soon on my next holiday.

Room Tip: choose to go there in a sunny season!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
adamas_11, General Manager at Imperial Adamas Beach Resort, Phuket, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Guests,
warm greetings from the Imperial Adamas Beach Resort, Phuket and hope that your trip back to India was very fine. Happy to hear that you have liked our property and I was very proud to share your great survey in details with all the department concerned. Thank you for your feedback once again and despite the negatives, which we will endeavor to improve and I hope we can welcome you back to Phuket in the not too distant future. For any queries and assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly through: elyes.b@imperialadamas.com

Utrecht, Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This was the second time we stayed at this resort and it's still the same it was 3 years ago. Checking in process was very smooth, all staff (at breakfast, pool area or reception) is lovely. The rooms are very comfortable with big beds, huge bathroom and we had direct access to the pool. It wasn't very busy at all when we were there so we seemed to have most of the pool area to ourselves. I had a treatment at the spa, noone really spoke any English so it made it hard to ask a question, however the treatment itself was fabulous. We had dinner at the pool restaurant once (as it was pouring with rain and we didn't feel like going very far). The food was really good, teh staff very attentive and they had a live singer but the atmosphere is obviosuly very different from eating on the beach with all the hustle and bustle. It's not too long a walk from the resort across the beach to the restaurant area of NaiYang Beach, but you must not walk there when it's dark. It doesn't feel safe as there are no lights. I'm not talking about people lurking in the shadows (but who knows who's out there), it's just that you can't see where you're going at all and the tide does come up. We had a car, but if not then you need to grab a taxi (there's a taxi rank just outside the resort). This part of Phuket is fantastic and we have been coming here for years. It's not too touristy as some areas of Phuket. I really recommend it, just as I would recommend this resort.

Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I was at this hotel from end December until 5 Ian.Initially we had the reservation for pool acces room but I made an upgrade for beach house.The beach house it is excelent,You have your own backyard with greenery, own pool,sunbeds direct beach acces.
So the best to stay is :Beach House ,Pool acces room, pool view room.
It is an excellent quiet location .Initially I wanted to find a hotel in Pattong, but now I'm glad I chose here. Who want entertainment, nightlife, can go to Pattong.
The rooms are clean,stuff very friendly,helpful, hard to understand their english with thai accent.We had halfboard, the breakfast it OK a little bit of everything, but I had and better breakfasts.The dinner was OK with thai food and normal food.
You can eat and at beach bar, the food is good but you must wait after order 40-60 min.
Like the others said the main problem it is the water,and tide,you must go far away for deep water.15 min walking it is Nai Yang village where the water it's deeper ,and are some shops,bars and many massage centers with cheap prices.If you are a smoker the ciggarets are very cheap,in shops and in duty free ,more than half price in Europe.
Hotel has a free shuttle to Phuket and Pattong but you must book one days in advance.
In conclusion I can say that it is a good hotel ,clean, friendly staff,but for a quiet and relaxing holiday, no entertainment around, and I should go again.

Room Tip: The order : Beach House , Pool acces room, pool view room,etc
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I liked The free WiFi available in the room the hotel is great for relaxation. I loved the balcony I could fall into sleep there… I also liked the dinner restaurant by the beach

What I didn’t like is the beach was not so clean they could do better job to clean their beach. The hotel is isolated so I recommend two nights max if you don’t like siting all day and night at the hotel. Also the hotel don’t offer halls food.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
adamas_11, General Manager at Imperial Adamas Beach Resort, Phuket, responded to this review, May 14, 2013

Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

December 29-January 2. After a week of SCUBA diving in Phuket, Phi Phi and surrouding dive sights, we were ready for a relaxing and restful week. We chose Imperial Adamas for its quiet surroundings and location near the Phuket airport. We were not disappointed! Our days were spent lounging, walking the private beach to the National Park, and just relaxing. We did not take the free shuttle or go anywhere that was not accessible by foot, because we were content to just enjoy the amenities at the resort.
Our plan included the breakfast buffet which had a large varieties of foods to please Asian, European, and American guests. We saw most guests enjoying a variety of foods (juices, fruits, breads, stir fry, omelette, pancakes, cereals, yogurt, muesli...actually, way too many choices to mention). We also used the gym facilities every day of our stay. Additionally, we spent most of the day relaxing in the beach chairs...me under an umbrella and hubby in the direct Thai sun. In the evenings, we ordered off the a la carte menu in the restaurant or had the buffet which included wine, beer or whiskey. Then, enjoyed a game of snooker (or pool)or had a Thai massage in the spa before retiring to our resort room.
Overall, we were very happy with our stay. The employees were very accommodating and helpful. The gallery shoppe was such a nice little place to pick up a few items (swimsuit, trinkets, simple jewelry) and the workers there were very sweet, helpful and fair in their prices. We extended our stay by one night after we arrived, because of a flight departure change. The check-in staff were very helpful and kind about accommodating us. Such a nice ending to our holiday!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
adamas_11, General Manager at Imperial Adamas Beach Resort, Phuket, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear Friends,
warm greetings from the Imperial Adamas Beach Resort and hope that your trip back home was very fine. Thank you for your recent stay and for having taken time to give us this fantastic feedback I was very proud to share your kind comments in details during morning brieffing today, with all the department concerned. Thank you for your feedback once again and despite the negatives, which we will endeavor to improve and I hope we can welcome you back to Phuket in the not too distant future.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed at the Imperial Adamas over Christmas 2012 and were not dissapointed. We arrived on Christmas Day after a 2 hour drive from Krabi and were welcomed with a stunning view from the hotel lobby of the beach and some lovely jasmine drinks. Check in was quick and straight forward - we upgraded to a pool access room and i'm glad we did.
It was so peaceful and serene just sitting on our sun longers outside the room with the gorgeous pool running right through the hotel by our feet. Though the hotel was pretty busy - it was lovely and quiet 90% of the time. I read a review below where someone was complaining about the kids...honestly I did not get that at all. By the main pool there were a few kids playing but overall I was surprised about how quiet and tranquil the place was.
The main pool area is really nice right on the beach front - but be warned the water is miles away!! It would probably take you 5 minutes to walk to the water - we didn't care as we spent our days on Nai Yang beach but I can imagine it could be a gripe for people staying by the pool.
The rooms are lovely! Big, spacious, beautifully kitted out with a Thai touch, the bathroom is really nice with a big mosaic bathtub and a separate walk in shower. Big TV and a DVD player that we made use of one night. There are beach towels in your room but you can get fresh ones by the pool. 2 bottles of water are provided by room service each morning which is a nice touch.
The hotel has 2 restarants - the main one below the lobby was where we had breakfast each morning. The breakfast was pretty standard for a hotel in Thailand, good variety, Thai food if you want it, someone making eggs of your choice and lots of fruit, pastries and pancakes to finish off with. One night we had dinner at the beach restarant - lovely ambience and view - we had Thai food which was pretty good I have to say. There was a 2 piece band playing who were actually pretty darn good singers and added to the romantic feel of the night.
The staff are so friendly and attentive - all speak english really well.

OK location! Now this hotel is in Nai Yang which is a small beach front area with maybe 3 hotels. To get to the main Nai Yang beach area from Imperial, you can walk from the hotel across the sand and wade through a small area of water - during the day this is fine - it maybe comes up to your shins and takes about 10 seconds. After about 7pm the tide comes and late in the evening if you decide to come home this way it can come upto your waist! Your literally walking in the water for 10 yards so don't be scared about giving it a go. We did this a couple of nights and it wasn't too bad - make sure you have a torch (there is one in each room) as it's pretty dark, and be prepared for possible waist high water - if you dont mind getting a bit wet it's not a problem to go and come this way. However if you have young kids i'd suggest getting a taxi back to the hotel - they charge about 300 Bht for a 7/8 min journey which is quite steep but they know you dont have a choice but to pay it so you can't barter with them.

Like I said Nai Yang is pretty small with limited restarants and shops at the moment. We wanted to stay somewhere peaceful, quiet and not too touristy and so we got what we wanted. We tried several restarants and our favourites were Octupus and Ban Ra Tree on the beach. We had lunch at Octopus most days - we love thai food so thats all we ate but they had a good variety of western food too. Nai Yang beach offers sunbeds - its 150 Bht for 2 beds and a parasol (£3) and you can get service straight to your sunbed so you dont have to move!

We took a taxi to Patong on 2 separate nights. We used the taxi rank outside the hotel and we paid the driver 1,400 Bht (£28) to take us to Patong, wait for us whilst we shopped and ate and then take us back to the hotel - its about an hr's drive to Patong and it's mental there!! Glad we were staying in Nai Yang as I would have gone crazy in Patong it was so busy!
We also booked a trip from one of the trip stalls in Nai Yang - we went to the Similan Islands (as Phi Phi was no doubtedly packed with tourists) and it was one of the best trips I've ever done. The Similan Islands are stunning!! Crystal clear waters, white soft sandy beaches, gorgeous fish and turtles for snorkelling and I would recommend booking the day trip here. We paid 2400 Bht per person (£48 each) - someone picked us up from the hotel and we drove an hr and half to the port. There we were given some breakfast of tea/coffee and toast - provided with our snorkleiing equipment and sea sickness tablets if we needed them and then taken on a speed boat with about 20 people - our guide was awesome - explained everything clearly and spoke perfect english - we had a lovely lunch on one of the beaches and were taken care of all day.

Overall I loved this hotel - 5* rooms, service and amenities - location is very quiet and a few annoyances such as wading through water to get to Nai Yang - or the water being quite far out when on the hotel beachfront. But I would deffo come back if I wanted a very quiet stay in a lovely hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
adamas_11, General Manager at Imperial Adamas Beach Resort, Phuket, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Friends,
Greetings from The Sunny Phuket and thank you for providing such a great review on Tripadvisor. The hotel team and I have been encouraged by your responses and we continue to strive for service and hospitality excellence in order to meet the needs of all of our guests.
I was very proud to share your kind survey in details with all the department concerned.
Thank you again for your fantastic comments and we look forward to welcoming you back whenever you are next travelling through Phuket.

Kind regards,
Ben,

Been to Imperial Adamas Beach Resort, Phuket? Share your experiences!