“Wonderful quiet place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Naiyang Beach

You added Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Naiyang Beach to your Saves list
Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Naiyang Beach
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   92 Moo 3, Baan Na Tai, Nai Yang Beach, Tambol Sakhoo | Amphur Talang, Nai Yang, Phuket 83110, Thailand (Formerly Imperial Adamas Beach Resort, Phuket)   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
region parisienne
“Wonderful quiet place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Wonderful,isolated place.Ambience was quiet and relaxing.The room was big and wonderfully decorated.We had a wide balconny with sea viewStaff was very dedicated.Restaurant was good but very expensive for what they offer.Unfortunately no other option unless to take an expensive taxi to Nai Yang where you 'll find very good and cheap local restaurant,try the food which is excellent ,fresh and safe!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
adamas_11, Manager at Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Naiyang Beach, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Dear Guest, Sawasdee krab!
Thank you for taking time to post your kind feedback here on trip advisor. Absolutely delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and our team looked after you well.
Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to welcome you back again at The Imperial Adamas very soon.

Best regards,
Ben,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

Thought a lot about this review.

Firstly the pro's - we booked it at a good cheap rate which included breakfast each morning. The hotel lays on a free shuttle service to Phuket Town and Patong, but be aware that there is only one departure time (11am) from the resort in the morning, and then two return time options from each destination (from Patong it was 3.45pm and 9.30pm from memory). This was very welcome and we used this a couple of times. There is also free wi-fi in the rooms, and a couple of computer terminals near the front desk which are free as well - again a great service, but one that is becoming expected in hotels.

The room (we upgraded to a Luxury pool access) was well laid out, and very clean. I was torn between whether we actually needed direct pool access, or whether we could have done with a luxury room which has a balcony with views...still torn, but it was lovely being able to splash straight into the pool of a morning and then relax on private deck chairs throughout the day. The bed (split king) was *very* hard, we ended up putting the spare blanket down under the sheets - wasn't sure if there were matress toppers available.

The location was great, views were beautiful and the sunsets were lovely. We were about a 10 minute stroll along the beach (where swimming gets much better) to a strip of beachfront bars/restaurants/shops - this was really great and a super laid back 'beachy' atmosphere which was very welcome after the hustle and bustle of Kata Beach where we had just come from. The restaurants were all very good and cheap, with most owned by fishermen/supplied by local fishermen so the seafood was always super fresh. We ate down there most nights.

The con's - food and beverage was (comparatively) expensive for a resort and the drinks were as well. Again, we dined out most nights which was quite nice. The main restaurant (The Terrace) we only used for breakfast so can't comment on the menu for dinner/lunch, but breakfast was a good spread, however was staffed by an army of staff who were a bit lax in clearing back and general clenliness of the restaurant. There were the same childrens hand prints and smears along the mirrors on the back wall of the restaurant and the glass looking out over the view every morning (we were there for 5 nights) which given the number of staff standing around wasn't entirely welcome. Other staff were also present eating breakfast each morning, and dinner one evening we ate at the beach front restaurant in uniform which was a bit off putting.

The front desk staff were efficient but not very proactive. Again, there always seemed to be quite a few of them around (including sitting around the reception room when you walked in, no effort to get up to greet you), and while if the place had been very busy I would have been fine with the 'expected level of service', surely with such high staffing levels they could have been a bit more proactive with their service - i.e. I asked to be booked on to the shuttle to Phuket Town so we could go and see a movie one day (weather was looking shocking, and hey we were on holiday!). I was booked on, and that was it. Surely that was a good opportunity to probe a little (ie. "Is there anything else I can arrange for you tomorrow, book some movie tickets, check session times etc").

The pool which they are very proud of is nice, but there are loose tiles which could cause injury, and a lot of moss growing around the edges.

Finally - the noise. Oh the noise. There was music from around 10.30-11am through until about 11pm at night from the pool bar/beach front grill restaurant area. And it was loud enough to hear clearly while you were trying to read/watch tv from within your room. And it was the same music every day (ie you knew what was going to come on next!). And it wasn't entirely appropriate to its surrounds (think a 'So Fresh '98 compilation CD, backstreet boys, mariah carey etc). Then a musical duo from the Phillipines played through until the evening. Music in the restaurant was shocking, we actually had The Prodigy playing one morning over breakfast!

All in all - it was good, but I wouldn't go back paying a price higher than I got it for this time. My suggestions for easy improvements:
-> Walk arriving guests down to their rooms rather than drive them on a buggy - would make for a much better orientation for what is quite a big sprawling complex, and you would be able to upsell spa treatments/shopping/restaurant etc along the way
-> Encourage the front desk staff to be proactive, especially during the quiter months. Even someone popping down to breakfast once and hour to chat to guests would be ideal and would provide a great opportunity to build rapport with them.
-> Make cleaning all the glass in the restaurant every morning a daily task
-> More appropriate music, and make it quiter. It might provide a good atmosphere for that area, but when we dined there it was just too loud, let alone how disruptive it is of a night from your room. Just turn it down.
-> I'm all for staff trying the product/eating during shift (an obvious requirement!) but if they're going to do it front of house, make sure they're out of uniform/have a jacket or something on

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
adamas_11, General Manager at Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Naiyang Beach, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Guest,
Greetings from the Sunny Phuket and first of all, my sincere apologies for any inconvenience regarding the discomfort that you have experienced during your stay with us. We do always try to maintain the highest standards of services. Dear Guest, thank you for your feedback once again and despite the negatives, which we will endeavor to improve and I hope we can welcome you back to Phuket in the not too distant future. For any queries and assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

The hotel is so bueautiful and staff and mangment always say Hi to us.. We feel like our second home. We love imperial Adamas and will definately back there for 100%. Food and facilities are 6 stars hotel, esp.. we love swimming pool so large.. LOVE LOVE Imperial Adamas...

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
adamas_11, General Manager at Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Naiyang Beach, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
Dear Guest,
Greetings from The Sunny Phuket and Thank you for your message here on Trip Advisor.com. We are truly delighted that our team looked after you well and the resort met with your expectations. I was proud to share your kind words with all Adamas Team.
Dear Guest, thank you for your feedback once again, and I hope we can welcome you back to Phuket in the not too distant future.
Manteca, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

I booked this Phuket package and used Travelocity vacation website. The Imperial Adamas Resort was rated 4.5 stars and should have NOT been that highly rated. I travel by myself and spend much of my time in and around resort and in my room. On appearance the room was very nice, however this room was NOT rated as stated. First, on the second day,there was NO water for 12 hours (apparently the town was experiencing water problems which affected resort). The next day the water was back on but ran through the tap and shower as "brown". This problem cleared up after several hours. The hotel did compensate the guests with 50% off spa, food and beverages for that day. But the worst experience was "rats" in my room. The 2nd night I heard scratching noises in the walls and I assumed there was some creatures either in the walls or on the roof. But when I turned the lights on after waking up, I seen the rats scurrying across the floor. Some of my food items I had o the desk, were now on the floor and the bags chewed through. This freaked me out!! Were they in room every night? I called the front desk and the sent a person to check it out. It was late at night and he said there was a "mouse" smell in my room and lit a candle. The front desk called and said they would move me to another room, but at this point, I was only going to be in this room one more night and did not want to move at this point. The night manager said if you leave the lights on, the rats would not bother you! Needless to say, this hotel was not equipped to be rated at 4.5 stars. The package was paid in full by Travelocity and the hotel did not offer further compensation other than shuttle from resort to airport. I also noticed many cats around the resort and this should have been a "dead giveaway" of rodent control. I was on the top floor and I assume the rats were accessing the room from the roof. I left a night early and spent the remainder of the evening in the lounge at the airport.

On a positive note, the staff was very nice and the grounds and pool were well maintained.

Room Tip: Not on top floor
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
adamas_11, General Manager at Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Naiyang Beach, responded to this review, October 12, 2011
Dear Guest,
Warm greetings from the Imperial Adamas Beach Resort, Phuket. Thank you for your recent stay and for having taken time to give us feedback via tripadvisor.com. I have noted your feedback and I have reviewed your comments in details with all the department concerned.
First of all, the water problem was unfortunately due to breakage of the water pipe outside the resort, Due to the heavy rain in Thailand and all south Asia regions and we have to wait same as the other hotels that the city hall fix this issue. We are very sorry for the inconvenience. The management offered extra complementary bottles of mineral water to all the guests for drinking and washing purpose and 50% discount on all drinks, food and spa all day long for all our customers.
Regarding the Rat comment, The management offered an upgrade to a higher category room, let our staff to check the room and offer a complementary dinner, but unfortunately our kind offers were denied, just accepted the complementary airport transfer.
Guest wanted to skip the payment on the spa done earlier but the management couldn’t agree on it as it was done before the complaint filed. Instead dinner, room upgrade and free airport shuttle was offered. Since the complained filed the management had blocked the room and hired a special person to investigate on this problem. Since our hotel rooms are not connected each other (buildings are individually set) the problems are easy to be solved.
Dear guest, thank you for your feedback once again and despite the negatives, which we will Endeavour to improve and I hope we can welcome you back to Phuket in the not too distant future. For any queries and assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly through: elyes.b@imperialadamas.com

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

The hotel is very nice and quiet. We were there in the low season so there wasn't a problem making a spa booking, getting a sunbed, etc... It is isolated and you have to cross a river to get to the street with restaurants, shops, and bars. Not bad when it's low tide but high tide is a bit difficult. Places that are this isolated are prone to raise their prices as they are the only option around, but this is good value. The food is very good, the alcohol is overpriced, way cheaper in town. The Spa offered us 50% off if we booked before 1 pm, which was great - a beautiful spa. The only qualm we had was their charge for a ride to the airport - it was 400 baht when we negotiated 300 to get from the airport to the resort. I've never heard of a ride to the airport being more than from the airport, but they said this was their price.

We were there for a weekend and enjoyed being on our own with not much around. If you were there for longer or the type of person that needs to be in the action, you might want somewhere more central. 10 minutes from airport can't be beat though!

Room Tip: Pool Access rooms would be nice - we were on 2nd floor and it was a bit of a walk to the pool. 1st...
October 12, 2011
Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from the Imperial Adamas Beach Resort, Phuket.
I am heartened to hear that you are satisfied with our hotel services and team, I proudly shared your kind words with all our management. We truly value our guests comments, and hope to welcome you soon again at The Imperial AdamasBeach Resort, Phuket.

Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

Checked in at midnight and the process was smooth. Staffs were polite, but not as friendly or energtic as I expected. Perhaps because it's late at night.

Stayed in the luxury room for a night.

The room is spacious and clean. We requested for a Queen bed and unfortunately, the hotel's definition of a queen bed was putting 2 single beds together. The "trench" from the 2 separate beds made the sleep unpleasant. A/C is powerful enough.

Breakfast buffet is nice. Good selection of food. Just that the egg station is not staffed all the time and we have to wait for a while before someone notice us. Anyway, the best thing from their breakfast must be the banana jam! It was absolutely delicious!

The pool is nice and access to the beach is direct and clear. However, there's debris on the beach which failed to lure me to walk barefoot.

Overall, it's a good choice as I only stayed for 1 evening. The hotel is close to airport (<10 minute drive from airport) and a 5 star hotel that is affordable.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
adamas_11, General Manager at Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Naiyang Beach, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Dear guest,
Greetings from The Sunny Phuket and Imperial Adamas Beach Resort, I have noted your kind feedback regarding your check-in, and I have reviewed your comment in details with the department concerned. I am heartened to hear that you are satisfied with our hotel, staff, breakfast and services. I am proud to share your kind feedback with all my team. Dear guest, thank you for your feedback once again and despite the negatives, which we will endeavour to improve and I hope we can welcome you back to Phuket in the not too distant future. For any queries and assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly through: elyes.b@imperialadamas.com

Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

A stunning place with beautifully kept grounds and pool (the view from the pool out on to the beach and sea is incredibly relaxing). Our room was perfectly clean and decorated wonderfully. The variety of foods at breakfast was more than i have ever seen anywhere. It is set on a quiet beach with cute little restaurants and a couple shops a short walk away down the beach. The staff are brilliant and could not do enough for us. Its the little things that made such a difference, like the security men giving us a smile and stood to attention when we walked by,or if a golf buggy was in the area we would always be offered a lift to our destination. We found a very cheap deal online so only paid a fraction of the regular cost, but I would most definitley return even if it meant paying a little more.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
October 17th, 2011
Sawasdee krab!
Thank you for your feedback here on Trip Advisor.com. We are truly delighted that our team looked after you well and the resort met with your expectations.
I am happy to hear that you were satisfyed with our hotel, staff and services, I have shared your value comment with all our staff. Dear guest, thank you for your feedback once again and I hope we can welcome you back to Phuket in the not too distant future. For any queries and assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly through: elyes.b@imperialadamas.com

Ben,

Been to Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Naiyang Beach? Share your experiences!