“Wonderful Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Indigo Pearl

Save Saved
You added Indigo Pearl to your Saves list
Indigo Pearl
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Nai Yang Beach & National Park, Phuket, 83110, Nai Yang, Phuket 83110, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book Direct and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nai Yang
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

This is our last day in a nine night visit to attend a wedding at the hotel. The hotel is wonderful and the staff could not have been more helpful or friendly. The wedding was due to take place outside but unfortunately it started raining the morning of the wedding so had to be moved but was all done very efficiently. There are a good variety of restaurants in the hotel to suit all and also a number of extremely cheap restaurants on the beach. The prices in the hotel are more than those at the restaurants on the beach but that is to be expected and they were still very reasonable. Mr Moos Kitchen Cookery Class including a visit to the local market is highly recommended and the hotel also arranged a taxi to drive us to various places and wait while we visited which was only £30 for five hours - very good value. Could not recommend the hotel highly enough. If you are planning on visiting the area you should definitely consider Indigo Pearl. Thank you to all the wonderful staff from the Logins and the Witneys!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
EXECTeam, Management Team at Indigo Pearl, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear clogin,

I’m so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to enjoy the wedding apart from the rain :). I’ll be sure to share your comments with the whole team especially Mood kitchen and the F&B team – they will be delighted to hear that they were able to make your trip special.

Thank you so much for staying with us here in Phuket. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

The Indigo Pearl Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I have stayed at Indigo Pearl twice (once in 2011 and once in Feb 2014) and I absolutely loved it both times. The resort is beautiful, the food is great, the rooms are spacious and luxurious, and the service is impeccable.

I must admit I was quite a bit of a troublesome guest - emailing them months ahead to ask a ton of questions and requests (the trip was for my boyfriend's birthday so I wanted it to be good), but they were very accommodating, polite and prompt throughout. This excellent service continued when we arrived - smiles all around, and the staff literally stop in their paths to greet you when they walk pass you.

The resort has three pools, two of which do not allow children, which is perfect for an afternoon tanning cum snooze by the pool :) One of the pool even has a bar in the middle! They also have a to-die-for spa, which was probably the best part of our trip!

We had one meal at Rivet, their fine dining restaurant, and it was SO GOOD. The food was divine, the wine pairing very well done, and the service beautiful as usual. The resort and restaurant very nicely gave us a WHOLE chocolate cake for my bf's birthday even!!

In short, there is nothing at all I don't like about Indigo Pearl, except that my trip was too short! From the overall experience right down to the little details, they have nailed it perfectly. Highly recommended!!

Room Tip: Go for the Premium Pearl Bed Suite!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
EXECTeam, Management Team at Indigo Pearl, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear JeanieLimJeanieLim,

Our team would like to thank you for the kind comments that you made about the service that they provided to you and your boyfriend during your vacation at our Resort. Our restaurant &Spa teams strive to create memories for every guest and they are thrilled that they have achieved that goal with you, both the Rivet and Spa team were thrilled to see your review.
The best compliment to our team can be a heartfelt review such as yours and we are so happy you had such a great stay at Indigo Pearl please let us know when you are planning your next trip!

Thanks so much for staying with us – we look forward to welcoming you back again soon and hope for a longer vacation!

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

This is such a beautiful place and their brunch is to die for! Every time I travel to Thailand (which happens to be quite often) I make sure to visit Indigo Pearl.

All the food is of the best possible quality and I love that most of the dishes are served on small individual plates instead of on a big one.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
EXECTeam, Management Team at Indigo Pearl, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Jennifer F,

Thank you for taking the time to review us here on Tripadvisor, we are delighted to hear how much you have enjoyed the SUNDAY BRUNCH, and the comments on the food will put great smiles on the chefs faces! We truly appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again for brunch or dinner very soon!

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

When I first arrived at Indigo Pearl I hated it - after coming from relaxed Koh Lanta with the Pimalai and its Thai-style architecture, I felt that we were entering a concrete estate. We were driven around the backs of numerous concrete blocks with exposed, noisy fans and ugly, grey walkways. If the room hadn't been as great as it was then I would have checked out.

I get the whole industrial style, and it's a very personal taste. The interior design and sculptures scattered around the grounds were fantastic (totally a 5* rating) - they were luxurious and unique and we thoroughly enjoyed them. But this was constantly countered by basic and ugly apartment blocks (I would give 2-3* at the most). Unfortunately, as the hotel is so enormous, walking around the exteriors of these blocks made up a large part of our experience of the hotel.

Cons -
Some loungers were tatty, there was a terrible stained tent with a pop-up massage sign by one pool. We also felt that areas of the foliage looked disheveled.

The cocktails by the pool were 80% crushed ice and so watery. I ordered a couple on the first night and didn't bother for the rest of the time.

Also, their 'freshly squeezed' orange juice was the standard syrup drink served across Thailand, which I feel is unacceptable for a hotel of this level. Especially as they specifically list freshly squeezed on the menus.

Updated maps to show clear walking routes would have been a great help - we really did spend the first two days getting lost trying to find the beach/ various pools/ lobby etc!

Pros -
The rooms were fantastic. The most comfortable beds we had in Thailand, lovely big terrace with sofa and outdoor tub, and amazing bathrooms. I couldn't fault the rooms in any way. The suites also looked amazing.

Location is just across a small road to the beach, with loungers and lots of water sports to hire. We ate lunch at the beach restaurant and it was excellent. Service was average, but great food. Lots of other options along the beachfront too.

Beach was quiet - lines of loungers but not all taken. Ocean was like a pool, with transparent water, sandy bottom and hardly any movement. Sea lice were a bit nippy, but didn't stop us from going in! And it was a handy 10 min drive to the airport.

In general the hotel service was either outstanding or terribly bumbled, and this was totally dependant on who dealt with us each time. A number of the staff were young, which definitely had an effect.

Would I go again, no. The area felt touristy and the resort was just too big and impersonal for me. I know that other friends have been and loved it though, so it's very much down to personal taste.

Room Tip: Pool suites looked amazing. We had a room on the end of the block (3201), overlooking the adult pool...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
EXECTeam, Management Team at Indigo Pearl, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear holidayfun85,

Thank you for your detailed review of our resort here on Tripadvisor, We are disappointed to hear the design was not to your liking and we are a unique resort in that regard and we may not suit all personal tastes. The comments on the loungers , beverages and maps have been well noted and we will take action on these areas , happy to say we have a new map in process, ordered more loungers and we will speak to the F&B team on the beverage quality both with the cocktails and OJ, sorry we missed on that mark we had made some progress there on quality and pricing.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the rooms, bed comfort beach and our location, Thank you for your honest feedback and the areas of service and quality are being addressed and the team is working hard to strive and meet all expectations. We will be training and working to be more consistent throughout the resort.

Warm regards

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

I have previously stayed at the Indigo Pearl with a friend. This time around, I brought my new husband to celebrate our honeymoon and I knew this place would not disappoint. I was right. :-)

On this trip (eight nights in total), I got to sample parts of the Indigo Pearl that I didn't get around to enjoying last time; those being dinner at Rivet, the Sunday buffet, Cotemer beach club and the Coqoon Spa.

The food in Rivet, outstanding! The Sunday buffet was my husband's favourite dining experience, where we ate an amazing array of food like kings. Cotemer was a fabulous place to relax, eat and drink great food and cocktails and get involved in some beachside activities (why I did not do this last time, I will never know, but it ended up being one of our favourite hangouts in Nai Yang and we went back several times). Rebar has a fantastic atmosphere with the live music. Coqoon Spa was a special treat on my last day at the resort. The aloe vera wrap was very soothing and the perfect treatment for the sunburn I got from paddle boarding at the beach the day before!

The room we booked, a Premium Pearl Suite, was outstanding and we were greeted with gifts, champagne, an exotic fruit basket and delicious heart shaped chocolate cakes on arrival. The perfect romantic touches for our honeymoon. Toward the end of our stay, we were informed the hot water in our room was not working, so we ended up getting moved (and upgraded) to a Pool Pavilion. We were quite impressed how swiftly the staff dealt with the hot water problem. When they contacted us in our room, we were completely unaware that there was even a problem! The upgrade was great and we enjoyed having our own pool at no extra cost.

Dinner at Black Ginger was good, the food was fantastic. Both my husband and I felt the service staff could have been slightly more attentive, however. The quality of the service was not a problem at all (friendly, very helpful and good knowledge of the menu when I mentioned my husband has a severe shellfish allergy), it was the frequency that was somewhat lacking. There were very obvious lulls in the service where we felt we waited a long time with empty drinks for someone to come and get us a top-up (and we were quite thirsty!). Again, we waited a while a second time around, when we wanted a dessert menu to look at and some more drinks.

This is very easily remedied by staff scouting the restaurant areas often and regularly checking tables to top up their drinks/see if there is anything else that guests want. We could have very easily bought more drinks and spent more money at the restaurant if we were given the opportunity to, so in the interests of improved service for customers and greater revenue for the restaurant, it is definitely worth mentioning this to staff. Aside from this minor issue, our night at Black Ginger was still a lovely experience. Definitely can't go past the unique boat ride there and back!

One highlight for us that definitely warrants a special mention is the customer service at Tongkah Tin Syndicate was consistently outstanding. I may have had a few too many cocktails to read her name tag properly, but I believe her name was "Raat" (young woman with short hair). She served us on a few of our visits there and I have to say she is a customer service superstar! She kept our drinks topped up without any noticeable delay and double checked to see if we were satisfied with our meals, without at all being annoying or intrusive. She also makes really, really good cocktails. :-) Gorgeous girl with a great, bubbly personality. It is a joy to be served by someone who is consistently great at what they do! We forgot to fill in guest comment card on check out, so I definitely want her to get the credit she deserves here. Also, a special mention to your Recreations manager (I am terrible with names and spellings, but I think his name was "Maru"?). Whilst we didn't book any activities through him, he always stopped to greet us and engage in friendly banter and did a great job of displaying the friendly Thai hospitality that we love. Lastly, all Front Desk staff who attended to us were very helpful and prompt in addressing all of our questions and requests. All of the staff are enthusiastic and appear to really enjoy working at Indigo Pearl, which is a breath of fresh air compared to many other hotels I have stayed that. Attitude is everything!

Another fantastic stay for me and a great introduction for my husband to this very special place in the world. Thank you for a beautiful honeymoon! We both look very much forward to coming back again in the near future. We absolutely loved it.

P.S. The Fast Track Immigration/return transfer service is BRILLIANT and worth its weight in gold. HIGHLY recommend to all visitors!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
EXECTeam, Management Team at Indigo Pearl, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Dear hakkisaque,

Our team would like to thank you for the kind comments that you made about the service that they provided to you and your husband during your honeymoon and second visit with us at our Resort. Our restaurant teams strive to create memories for every guest and they are thrilled that they have achieved that goal with you, Khun Raat and Khun Maroo will be so pleased to hear this about TTS and the recreation areas. The best compliment to our team could be your detailed review of us and hearing how much you both enjoyed your visit to Phuket!! The Chefs are also very proud to see the rave reviews.

Thank you so much for staying with us – we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Warm Regards,

Patrick
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I read some good comments about this hotel on FB and on tripadvisor before making this trip. It has a strategic location, the landscape was beautiful, we spent most of our time in the hotel and around the premises. We had some electricity problem on the 2nd day, but the overall experience was great!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
EXECTeam, Management Team at Indigo Pearl, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear NatJioe,

Thank you for taking the time to review us so positively here on Tripadvisor, Sorry for the Phuket power, We are very pleased to see you enjoyed your visit with us.

Hope to see you again very soon!

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Stayed in a room overlooking the adults only pool and enjoyed it very much.

Best word to describe this resort is serene.

The room's decor is very modern and tranquil. I have stayed in about 10+ hotels in Thailand, and this one definitely put a lot of time and thought in to making their design unique. The bed was very comfortable, and it was very cool to have a stone tub out on the balcony.

I liked that they had an adults only pool, since the family one had a lot of children. I like kids, but I like when hotels offer an area where there is complete peace and quiet.

Food was quite good, the floating restaurant is a fun and unique experience, though a little overpriced. We ordered the "Canadian" lobster and had quite a laugh since the lobster was TINY. I'm not sure if they have actually seen Canadian Atlantic lobster. The chef was very sweet and came out and did everything she could to make sure she could make the meal up to us.

Service and staff were overall very friendly and professional.

We were not able to stay at this hotel for too many nights, but I would definitely come back here if I were passing through Phuket. Just thinking about the rooms and the property makes me feel relaxed :)

Room Tip: Get one overlooking the adults only pool.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear LexEva,

Hello and thank you for your kind review! It is great to hear your thoughts on the decor, service standards and food quality comments, I will pass this and the lobster comment to our Executive chef for adjustments on the size.
Pleasure to see you used and enjoyed the adults only pool and found it peaceful there, that along with the tub on the balcony!
We hope you make it back to Phuket for a longer stay next visit!

The Indigo Pearl Team

Been to Indigo Pearl? Share your experiences!