“Great hotel with great service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Indigo Pearl

Save Saved
You added Indigo Pearl to your Saves list
Indigo Pearl
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Nai Yang Beach & National PA, Phuket, 83110, Nai Yang, Phuket 83110, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Nai Yang
London, United Kingdom
“Great hotel with great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a week. What can I say. The hotel has a beautiful charm to it. It's huge... The service is great and the food is tremendous. I would recommend to eat at black ginger... Lovely ambience.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

2,322 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Reasonable size asset. Hotel staff are amateur and lack training. Changed room 3 times. From broken air con to flooded bath room. Definite 1st and last stay. No presence of hotel management. When technician was sent to fix the air con. He climbed to the compressor 5m from ground without any safety gears. Neither the guest service or the engineering in charge was concerned about the act. Poorly run....

Room Tip: Think twice.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
ExecOffice, Management at Indigo Pearl, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Barry L,

Thank you for your feedback and the concern with safety. Please note guest and staff safety is our prime concern and will most certainly be reviewed based on your review. All points noted and where justified will be rectified immediately. Kind Regards, Indigo Pearl team.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The family enjoyed our second stay at Indigo Pearl back in July. It is a fabulous resort. Great rooms, expansive grounds, yummy food (the breakfast is amazing) and friendly staff. You cant beat the location (right near the airport but with no associated noise) on a nice beach with great local restaurants. Will definitely be back again in the future. We love the place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The hotel was absolutely beautiful. Very tranquil and quiet.
Located in Nai Yang Beach, about a 30 minute drive to Phuket Town, and appx. 45 min to Patong. Perfect for those needing to get away from it all.

Pros –
Rooms – We had a pool villa and the room was beautiful and spacious. The shower was huge. The bed was comfortable and linens were soft and lovely. The room was always spotlessly cleaned (thank you Buq!). Best of all, it was quiet. You could not hear your neighbors or the guy next door blasting Metallica. The pool villa was fun, small but big enough for a quick dip. Not as private as advertised. We could definitely see the people at the pool, and actually someone opened our pool window while we were out. Once the bushes mature, it will be better.

Food – We ate breakfast everyday in the Tin Mine Restaurant. Food was good and plentiful with a large selection. We never had to wait for a table. We also tried the Italian Tonkin Syndicate (just OK, not spectacular) and Pool Side Café at Pool #1 for a sandwich (good and fast.)

One important note – There is a full dining area of different restaurants, shops, convenience stores, massage places and laundry facilities right outside the gates on the beachfront. It is well worth your time to walk the beachfront looking for places to eat. We really enjoyed the Octopus Restaurant and ate there several times. Baan Ra was just OK, food was overcooked and service was not as good.

Location – The location was perfect for us. We wanted peace and quiet and serenity. This hotel has this in abundance. Right outside the back gate of the hotel is the beach. The beach has bar service, towel and chair service with a variety of recreational activities. The beach was never crowded and the water was bathwater warm and gorgeous.

Staff – We were impressed by several people that worked at Indigo Pearl. Enrico became our friend and he made a point every morning to speak to each guest in the dining room personally. It really was a professional and courteous gesture, and we always enjoyed the conversation. Boom was our server and she made a point to learn our names, and greeted us by name every morning. There was a very helpful girl at the Concierge desk (I’m sorry I don’t know her name! But she was French, I believe with long curly brown hair!) and she went out of her way to assist us when she could.
More on the staff in the Con area!

Pools – The pools were fabulous. There are three pool areas. Ours was #3, the adults only pool (great idea!!!) and it was never crowded, always spotlessly clean, and good temperature. Our only complaint is that they shut down the Jacuzzi at 6:00. That is a horrible policy!

Cons –
Our number one compliant is that this is a 5 Star Hotel and the staff needs to be trained in 5 star policy. We had some very rude encounters. There is a blonde waitress who did not speak or smile. We were there for 6 days and she definitely stood out. We also did not get any kind of tour or explanation of the grounds in the beginning. The food service policy is lacking somewhat. Servers should be constantly walking around offering tea and coffee. We had continually flag someone down for refills during our breakfast every morning. Our electricity went out in our room for almost 11 hours. They wanted to move us to a different room at 9:00 at night, but thankfully the electricity returned. However, there was no attempt to rectify the inconvenience. The morning of our check out, the front desk personnel was so rude that I was actually shocked. It was 5:00 in the AM and he did not know where our car was, did not offer us our breakfast boxes, and did not offer to assist us in anyway. Just a few small inconveniences that for it's stature and price, Indigo Pearl really needs to rectify.

All in all, I'm sad to be home. I loved Indigo Pearl and would encourage anyone going to Phuket to stay there. It is everything that it should be....beautiful and tranquil and quiet and serene, with picturesque views, an empty beach and a lovely, warm ocean. What more could you ask for?

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Hotel had upgraded us to pool villa which was a pleasant surprise for us. Stayed here for five nights.
welcoming and friendly staff. The resort reflects the tin mining heritage of Phuket. Beautiful and interesting interiors. would have loved if they had more options for vegetarians in breakfast buffet.
value for money :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed here in Aug originally for a work trip, and then added 2 nights after. The staff could not be more accommodating and the resort is incredibly beautiful and unique. This is not a cookie cutter 5-star- be prepared for a very special experience.
The breakfast was great and we ate at each of the restaurants and were never disappointed.
We had a pool pavilion room at the beginning of our trip which was such a treat, but when we came back for a night at the end and had a "regular" room, it was almost as great.
I really can't say enough about this place and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

As I write this I am saddened as my holiday has finally come to and end and I have loved my stay here at the Indigo Pearl.

The resort itself is enormous and it has take me almost the entire two week holiday to finally find myself around. It is a simply stunning resort with nothing left to the imagination. Everything here has been thought of and it is simply amazing.

I would have given it five instead of four however for most of the stay we had problems with our Airconditioning unit which leaked and sprayed water all over the floor. My 5 year old daughter kept slipping on it and it was quite dangerous. Despite their best efforts maintenence didnt seem to be able to fix it and it was a nuisance having them working away in our room. I guess if it was me, I would have upgraded or moved us rather than continually put us through the inconvenience. The roof also leaked in our Dressing room, causing water to saturate our clothes which was also unpleasant, however they did manage to fix this issue.

Breakfast was good, and the spread was good, however it never changed and was not as extensive as some of the other 5 star resorts I have stayed in, however this was not a real issue as it was nice and provided for both asian and western tastes.

The main pool was fantastic and provided great facilities and toys for the children to play with. The waterfalls and features really work something special.

The Kids club was by far the best I have ever experienced and Mia and Jeed are a credit to this hotel, they genuinely love the children and my daughter couldnt wait to keep going back.

Other facilities include free wifi throughout the hotel which was fantastic, dvd in rooms, internet room and library, great bars and restaurants, including one with free use of pool and snooker tables. There were also two other adult pools only for children above 14 years.

They provided a shuttle to Phuket town (Central) and Patong, however they charged 300 Baht one way or 490 Return. Other resorts ie: Dewa provided this facility free of Charge, but I guess it wasnt too expensive. I must admit though, it only allowed a maximum of 3 hours in Patong otherwise you had to find your own way back. This should be extended to allow for more shopping time, dining and sightseeing.

The room was wonderful and they provided a nightly turn down service which was lovely. They lit insect coils and incense and other little touches which was nice. The decoration of the room was amazing and I took plenty of photos.

I purchased a scoopon for my stay of 2 weeks and was lucky to only pay $899 per week. Apparently the room I stayed in with extras was $4500 per week which is ludicrous and totally out of most peoples budget. I dont think it was worth that, but I do think about $200 - $250 per night is reasonable for this wonderful resort.

Its location is the best of any of the hotels in Nai Yang and situated right in the heart of all the lovely restaurants. Dont limit yourself to the hotel dining, as Phens, Fiesta, Muyee seafood, the Indian restaurant and Baan Ra Tree are all amazing.

Thanks Indigo Pearl, I will be back next year if I can once again afford your rates.

Room Tip: We stayed in 3223 in building N which was fantastic as it was closest to the beach.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Kimbo66,

Thank you for your feedback, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience experienced. All raised concerns noted and will most certainly be rectified immediately. Pleased to read you had a great overall stay with us and look forward to welcome you back. Kind Regards, Indigo Pearl team.

Been to Indigo Pearl? Share your experiences!