“This Hotel is all about Design” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Indigo Pearl

Save Saved
You added Indigo Pearl to your Saves list
Indigo Pearl
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Nai Yang Beach & National PA, Phuket, 83110, Nai Yang, Phuket 83110, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Nai Yang
Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia
“This Hotel is all about Design”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I visited this hotel many years ago when it was Pearl Village
I have been back several times since and the transformation has been incredible.
It has gone from a well maintained family hotel to one of the best design hotels in the world. On my last stay they had a new chef at Rivet Grill - amazing food. All other outlets are fantastic, particularly Black Ginger the Thai Restaurant.
Rooms are spacious and modern in design with excelent bathrooms
Also nice to have 2 swimming pools that are adults only.
look forward to returning again soon.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

2,339 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

We were greeted at the airport by our driver for the transfer to the hotel. The drive takes approx 10 minutes and as we arrived at night the roads were not busy so no delays getting to the hotel. The reception staff were quick to greet us and serve cold towels and drinks. The check in process was quick and efficient and within 20 minutes we were in a buggie on the way to the room. It was late evening so difficult at night to get a true sense of the resort but our driver pointed out some of the main areas on the way to our room. When we arrived at the room we were totally amazed, we had been upgraded to a suite with private swimming, which was beautiful. Our luggage was delivered within 10 minutes so a great check in experience.
Our room was split onto two levels, the ground floor has a sitting area with leather sofa, tv, DVD player. There is also a desk, breakfast bar, mini bar, fridge, sink, tea and coffee making facilities and a downstairs bathroom. The upper level was the bedroom with large sitting area, dressing area, large bathroom with walkin shower and an outdoor bath on the bacolny. Also on the upper balcony were two sets of table and chairs which gives an idea of how big the balcony was. On the decking on the ground floor we had another table and chairs, day bed and chairs and two sun loungers on a slightly raised deck. The swimming pool was a good size for swimming and when the sun was shining the temperature was perfect to cool off. We also had a separate outdoor spa area which could be used for booking treatments in the comfort of your room. A team of three or four people from housekeeping would clean the room everyday and two would return at dusk for the turndown service and to light insect repellant burners on the balconies. We were supplied with plenty of free bottled water in our room which was replenished frequently. A good selection of toiletries and mosquitoe repellant were also supplied, along with tea and coffee. We could not have wished for a better room, the only issue was the pool was only cleaned once during our weeks stay and there were quite a few bugs floating in it so would benefit from more frequent cleaning.
Room service was excellent. Throughout the week we used them several times as we did have some heavy downpours and given the size of our room felt more comfortable ordering in on some occasions. All food arrived within 45 minutes and was hot and well presented. We especially enjoyed the stir fried noddles with chicken and the butter chicken curry. Considering this is a five star hotel we thought the room service prices were very reasonable. My only issue would be when placing the order the telephone operator failed to understand any requests if they were different to the menu so we just stuck to what was on the menu. I also found it difficult to ask questions relating to the dishes so just ordered them and hoped they were as I wanted. On one occasion we had our tray collected but it was left outside our room for two days. I have no idea why they removed it from the room to then leave outside and given the wildlife I would not think this is good practice.
We only visited breakfast twice during our stay, simply because we felt like we were eating too much and preferred to get up later and eat at lunchtime. On the occasions when we did have breakfast the service was efficient and the selection was good. All of the usual buffet items you would expect, fruit, cereal, egg station, bacon, Asian dishes, cold meats and cheese, plus pastries.
Soft drinks and alcohol in the hotel are expensive, especially compared with the local shops and bars. I know this is a five star resort and you expect to pay more and we did drink in the hotel but ventured out of the hotel for drinks and also purchased drinks from the local shop. We do enjoy wine but the choice was very limited and the prices very expensive so only had one bottle during our stay. The main bar was okay for a quick drink but lacked atmosphere so we didn't use it very often. There was one pool table and one snooker table and obviously the staff were also bored as they used it more than the guests.
One evening we booked for Rivet Grill, luckily we got a table after 30 minutes as we had not made a prior reservation. Whilst waiting for the table we had a drink in the bar upstairs (Rebar). Although there were only two or three other tables of guests in the bar service was slow. When we returned to Rivet Grill we were seated straight away. The restaurant is tastefully decorated and the design of the restaurant offers an intimate dining experience. After receiving the drinks and food menus we did not see our waitress again for almost 20 minutes. In most fine dining restaurants you would expect them to at Least take drinks orders, even if its just a bottle of water whilst you look at the food menu. Eventually I got the attention of the waitress who took our order. The water arrived quickly but a further 20 minutes and our bottle of wine was no where to be seen. If our starters had arrived before the wine I would have cancelled the bottle but they noticed their error just before the food was served. Starters were very good, we had the salmon which you cook yourself on the table and the duo of foie gras. I was hoping this was the turning point and an enjoyable evening was to follow but unfortunately not. We both ordered filet steak for our main (medium). They were both cooked very well done, so much so that it ruined a good piece of steak. It probably has to be the worst steak I have eaten in a fine dining restaurant, and unfortunately the service also let the restaurant down. A very expensive meal for a very disappointing evening (10000 baht). The cost would not have been no issue if the food and service had been five star quality. We declined to stay for deserts and called it a night. Disappointingly this experience deterred us from trying the other fine dining restaurants in the hotel.
I had a mani and pedi at the spa which was okay. I've certainly had better and although the treatment room was peaceful and they aim to make you feel relaxed you shouldn't notice the therapist looking at her watch and then feeling like she is rushing to finish. I have also never been to a five star salon and been asked to blow on my nails to dry them!! Also watching the stray dogs walk past doesn't make a picture perfect view.
Check out was done within 30 minutes and they arranged our airport transfer efficiently. The only issue was I had to ask for my cash deposit back as they forgot. There was an issue with my credit card at check in and rather than deal with it late at night I left 600 USD to be refunded upon check out - thankfully I remembered before we left the hotel.
Overall we enjoyed the resort and the staff are very welcoming. Whenever you walk through the resort someone would be there to say hello or pass a smile. The are certainly some areas that could be improved to make this a true five star resort.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ExecOffice, Management at Indigo Pearl, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Yorky001,

Thank you for the review, much appreciated. The improvement areas noted and most certainly will be rectified immediately as guest service is our priority. We do hope to welcome you back. Kind Regards, Indigo Pearl team.
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

I'm staying at beautiful IP now for my 5th visit and it just seems to get better each holiday. The staff are outstanding, so friendly and always happy to help. Breakfast best in all of Thailand. Rooms amazing, pools and beach just perfect with locals ladies ready to give foot/back massage on beach for 300B. Happy hour by the pools fun with great cocktails. Love Phens rest on beach, we ordered BBQ king prawns and they looked like mini lobsters. Also really enjoy IP lunch in the beach restaurant, finish your swim, sarong on and lunch under the shady trees only steps away Love IP and will come again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sanibel Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Fabulous five star beach resort. I am a travel agent that has traveled all over the globe for over 30 years and this is one of the top resorts I have stayed at.
Service, food, accommodations all superb. Very good value for cost. Rooms are gorgeous and comfortable. Staff is trained to perfection. Would recommend to all my clients.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sanibel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Everything about the property was outstanding -- the location, rooms, restaurants, facilities and service. Outstanding breakfast, amazing beach and interesting shopping nearby. Staff could not have been more helpful. If you have not been there Phuket is a great destination to visit and I would highly recommend staying at the Indigo

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Throughout my tour of southeast Asia I stayed at Indigo for a week due to the high reviews. I was more than impressed. Beautiful hotel and room plus amazing restaurants. The staff was very receptive and friendly. Indigo Pearl is everything a luxury hotel should be and more. I will definitely be returning in the near future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Ordered the beautiful salmon you cook yourself, but no one told me, it was just put on my table. It comes in a big bolt with what I thought was a lid. I soon learnt as I tried to remove the lid that it was a little hot plat. Bad service. Loved cooking it all my self. Sizzling the salmon. Some other dishes over complicated had the chefs tasters so good variety. Nice chocolate cake. Made a change from sticky rice and noodles. My fingers are still burning. They really should explain what it's all about as its a little unique experience. It's five star apparently and there is not much up market choice outside of the big hotels here.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Indigo Pearl? Share your experiences!